Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 771 1271 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An unknown picture? No unknown text I guess?
    Again, congrats :-)

And about the second copy : who owns it now?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Not a big story here, but I was contacted out of the blue by another CT resident who told me that he went to college with King and that he had kept all of the campus newspapers while he was there. He thought he had a complete set of King's Garbage truck and wanted to know what the value of his set was worth. While I know of the papers and Steve's periodic writing in various issues, I had no clue as to value. So I approached 2 of the biggest collectors for advice. The seller made a list of all the issues that had King's Garbage Truck in them. I shot this list off to Bob and he helped me on pricing and also expressed an interest in the papers for himself. I then negotiated the pricing from middle ground to the satisfaction of both parties. In the end, the seller found he had 2 copies of an issue that showed the Kent State march held at the Maine university campus with Steve prominently featured near the frront of the march. Bob said he had not seen that picture before so he got that issue as well. Bob was also most gentlemanly in compensating me for my "brokering" of the deal and for driving to pick up the issues for him.

Many thanks.

It pays to be Bob
    a big congrads Bob (with perhaps a little bit of jealousy/envy)

i've been looking for any/all of those ... forever... just in case you run across another set of them dave... in the next century or so.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Purportedly Hasbro made/named a GI Joe figure based upon a suggestion from Stephen King. King's son Owen was fascinated with the GI Joe figures.
    The Crystal Ball figure was released in 1987, as was The Tommyknockers. Crystal Ball is mentioned twice in The Tommyknockers-
    He decided he wouldn't swat David. He would hug David. When David got back, Hilly would fall down on his knees and hug David and tell David he could have all the G.I. Joe guys (except maybe for Snake-Eyes and Crystal Ball) for a whole week.
    'Me too,' Hilly said. 'We got to trade G.I Joes tomorrow.'
    'Why?'
    'I dunno. But we got to. I promised.'
    'When?'
    'I dunno.'
    'As long as I get Crystal Ball,' David said, settling himself more firmly into the crook of Hilly's arm.
    'Well okay.'
    Silence there was a dim commotion at the nurses' station down the hall, but here there was silence, and the sweet warmth of boys.
    Wikipedia also has a listing.
    In an interview by Bev Vincent, Owen King seems to remember but misnames the character:

A few years before that, Hasbro named a GI Joe figure after him. “Sneak Peek. I'm not sure what his specialty is. He comes with a big telescope thingy, though. Maybe he's supposed to be the GI Joe voyeur.”
    Link

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that you mention this, I vaguely remember something about this. Did you get one of the figures? If so, congratulations!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Now that you mention this, I vaguely remember something about this. Did you get one of the figures? If so, congratulations!

John
    The images are of the actual figure I have.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Not sure where to put this....

I'm not sure if this is my new pride and joy, but kinda cool.

It's spray painted onto a peg board about 2 feet tall by 1 foot wide.

I took a pic with my phone. Will try to get another one to show the colors better.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive recieved my BLOCKADE BILLY ARC :-)

need to read it overthr week end. Will be quick, especially when i see the pages! (big text, 'small' layout with text...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

need to read it overthr week end. Will be quick, especially when i see the pages! (big text, 'small' layout with text...
    Got any pics of it?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!
    The one book I have wanted for nearly 20 years.

Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! Out of all the King books out there, that's a great one to add to your collection.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! What a great feeling to finally get something like that.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Got any pics of it?
    Well, Jhanic already posted pix of the ARC... and i wont be posting pictures of the content... and even less prior the release...

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah pics would be great, with all the talk over how short the tale is I would love what spacing and font they've used.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll post them again here.

Blockade Billy proof front:

Blockade Billy proof back:

Blockade Billy proof card:

Blockade Billy proof publisher's letter:

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"...an American mother from Bangor, Maine..." Well, if that verbiage on the package doesn't solidify the story, I don't know what would. Nice action figure, Jerome.

Congrats, everyone, on your latest acquisitions!

Country
    Country Flag

From the backcover :
    "His other releases from Cemetery Dance Publications include two volumes of The Secretary of the Dreams..."

Hope that it means they will publish it soon...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just won this auction for a S/L Six Stories.

This has been on my wish list for a while.

Any comment on the $630 price? I think it is a fair one.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

That's a good price. I have the price in my database set at $640 for the low end $800 high end for one in tray. Good job.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, tippy! I'm glad you've been able to get one of your wish list items! And at a decent price too.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received this set of prints from the Signed Limited 'Salems Lot'

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Not a bad price at all. I paid $680 for mine.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing.

Congratulations, Jerome!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I really like those prints as well, Jerome. I have a set from Betts on it's way as well.

I also finally finished framing the Don Maitz water colors. I really like the way it looked in it. The simulated rocks frame has an organic look that goes well with the animal images.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What an interesting and fabulous framing choice. Congratulations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 771 1271 ... LastLast