Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 736 1236 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

New prides and joys this week:

The Talisman limited (unsigned) 2-volume 1984 edition (image stolen from this website):

UK 1st/1st Night Shift (bookseller's picture):

Yesterday I also received my UK Under the Dome copy; I'm still awaiting the US trade HC and two copies of the Dutch numbered/limited hardcover (print run 750)

... and then I hope to receive my Green Mile unsigned limited somewhere this month...

November is a GOOD month!!

*edit* Oh, and Knowing Darkness (slipcased, unsigned) is also coming soon, of course!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Craig - very cool, indeed.
    Michaël - Wow, November is a good month for you. Congrats on those !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Michaël.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The tape seems not especially sticky--I laid both the signed and unsigned editions on their backs and after a little while, both boxes of cards fell off on their own. I wouldn't worry about the tape affecting the pages.

John
    Don't most adhesives have some level of acidity though? If left attached could the glue maybe cause the place where the glue is attached to the pages to deteriorate at an accelerated rate compared to the page edges on their own?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

biomieg, that looks like a really nice UK NIGHT SHIFT. Congratulations.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The tape seems not especially sticky--I laid both the signed and unsigned editions on their backs and after a little while, both boxes of cards fell off on their own. I wouldn't worry about the tape affecting the pages.

John
    Don't most adhesives have some level of acidity though? If left attached could the glue maybe cause the place where the glue is attached to the pages to deteriorate at an accelerated rate compared to the page edges on their own?
    That is what I was wondering. If someone were to leave their copy in the shrinkwrap could the tape possibly cause issues?

I was also concerned that if there is possibly any residue left on the page ends from the tape could it become discolored with age?

Time will tell.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    It is nice! There is some minor chipping on the DJ edges but overall I really can't complain. I paid £225 for it and well-informed sources tell me that is a good price. Ah, and the DJ has also 'shifted' a bit, i.e. it isn't precisely aligned on the book anymore. Some of my other early King books have this as well. Would you advise me to refold the DJ a tiny bit when applying the Brodart cover (which it doens't have right now), or would you leave it as it is?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    It is nice! There is some minor chipping on the DJ edges but overall I really can't complain. I paid £225 for it and well-informed sources tell me that is a good price. Ah, and the DJ has also 'shifted' a bit, i.e. it isn't precisely aligned on the book anymore. Some of my other early King books have this as well. Would you advise me to refold the DJ a tiny bit when applying the Brodart cover (which it doens't have right now), or would you leave it as it is?
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are saying. Is it something that effects the way the book looks on the shelf, with the spine lettering appearing off center? If so, I would probably try to recenter it a little bit. Otherwise you will notice it every time you look at the shelf and it will continue to be a source of irritation.

Country
    Country Flag

A bit off topic...

I haven't order Brodart covers in a while and I can not remember the size and type I need to buy.

Could someone post a link?

Thanks in advance.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are saying. Is it something that effects the way the book looks on the shelf, with the spine lettering appearing off center? If so, I would probably try to recenter it a little bit. Otherwise you will notice it every time you look at the shelf and it will continue to be a source of irritation.
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant. I am going to try and recenter it but not at all costs. Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    A bit off topic...

I haven't order Brodart covers in a while and I can not remember the size and type I need to buy.

Could someone post a link?

Thanks in advance.
    I think there may be some links and additional info in this thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my copy of The Stephen King Illustrated Companion

I love the blood splatters. When I first saw the discolorations on the red endpapers I thought something was wrong with the book. that the pages got smeared. Then I realized that there were red splotches all over the book

I thingkthat Bev Vincent did an awesome job on this book! I know so much more about Stephen King after reading this book.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

New prides and joys this week:

The Talisman limited (unsigned) 2-volume 1984 edition (image stolen from this website)...
    Ah, I thought I recognized the carpet.
    Congrats on the banner month for your collection!

Pixie, congrats to you too!

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My new pride:

"Reign of Fear" Signed by 17 of the Contributors:

For only 50$ incl. the Shipping to Germany!
    And i got a 10€ (ca 15$) Coupon for it!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A great buy! Congratulations!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. but that was just the Beginning in the next few Weeks.
    Water and Bread for a long time
    But great new Books!!!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

dont have pics yet but i gotta share this on here
    I was at the libary when it was having a sale on old books and for 50 cents I picked up a copy of the hardcover, first edition of The Bachman books: 4 early novels by Stephen King, thats The long walk, Rage, The Running Man and Roadwork
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Here my copy of the trade edition of Under the Dome

Here is my copy of the Collectors Edition of Under the Dome

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, guys!

Today I picked up The Bachman Books as well, but mine is the UK paperback. I got it for a buck at my kids' Cub Scout book sale fundraiser. Doubt it's worth anything, but I got to support the Scouts and feed my King obsession at the same time.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

pixiedark76, it looks like you Brodarted the band from the Collector's Edition. I kept mine outside and just Brodarted the jacket itself. How did everyone else do theirs?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Due to the very possible chance that the band would be torn, I've protected mine inside.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived in perfect condition, and it looks pretty sturdy. I like the look of the book without the band though, inside the shiny Brodart.

I can't stop adoring it.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I put my band inside the brodart
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

I was wondering: how is the belly band attached? At first I thought it went all the way around the book but looking at the various pictures it seems to go inside the book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 736 1236 ... LastLast