Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1220 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 220 720 1120 1170 1210 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1230 1270 ... LastLast
Results 30,476 to 30,500 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Great to see pics of the Suntup edition of THE ROAD. While it’s my favorite book, I did pass on this new edition, so I’m very pleased to finally see what it looks like. Congratulations, and enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Very nice! Congrats!
    Thanks, RC65 and Ari!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excited and wanted to share a new pride and joy:

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simmons has written some monumental books; particularly in his early career. Congratulations.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Simmons has written some monumental books; particularly in his early career. Congratulations.
    Thank you, Sir. Well done book. I want/NEED a slipcase for it. The edition is not an easy find.

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks, RF. I discovered him late. Was aware but never dived in. Enjoying his stuff.

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House numbered,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Oh congrats! That’s a nice S/L and not easy to find. One of my favorite novels of his too.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Dan Simmons book, love the understated cover
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While it's been a shitty couple of weeks personally, it's been a GREAT couple of weeks book-wise, and I have a couple of things that I've been meaning to post. Here is the biggest and best and first!

I know that there are literally hundreds of pictures of this book around, and lots of them better than these, but I wanted to post more than just the limitation page, in case anyone had temporarily forgotten how freaking beautiful this whole production is.

First, the letter of provenance that accompanied the book. I'm grateful to Paul, as I really appreciate stuff like this. Although I'll never in my whole life forget about this experience, it's nice to have small reminders of provenance for the important books in my collection.

The beautiful (and soft!) black leather and dark red cloth:

Two-color letterpress printing, with art (after watching the letterpress video Paul posted for The Time Machine I think we all have a new appreciation for what it means to do two-color printing via letterpress!):

The first Easter Egg!

God I love these endpapers. Some of my favorite ever. I've mentioned before that I'm a big sucker for hand-marbled endpapers so sometimes I forget that there are machine-printed endpapers that are also just damn beautiful (the recent Rosemary's Baby numbered and the lettered Sleeping Beauties from earlier this year are other great examples).

I half joke (actually it's only quarter joking, I'm pretty serious) with my wife that I want to wallpaper my office with this paper - it's decadent, but not over-the-top, it's got a wonderful palette and the right amount of white space, and I love love love the gold accents. Not only is it beautiful on its own, but it's wonderfully evocative of a kind of wallpaper that Annie might have in her house.

Here's the copyright page that housed the long-kept secret (15 months!). Look at that letter "S" just staring everybody right in the damn face!

And finally, the limitation page. Red ink! I wasn't sure if these would be numbered 1-15 or 186-200 because I've never seen a picture of a red numbered Misery limitation page. Well, here it is, and it's the latter!

My best Pride & Joy, number 194:

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing book!!!!!!!!!! I wish some day to have a numbered Misery in my collection, it is amazing.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the blood splattered page!
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on solving the Easter egg puzzle! That is a beautiful book!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m not super impressed you got the red number. You AND firemonkey solving this Indiana Jones / Da Vinci Code riddle... NOW THAT IMPRESSES ME. It was easily the coolest thing ever in the book world since I joined it 8-9 years ago. I wonder if Firemonkey never noticed it if anyone else would have. I noticed that S on Misery... but thought it was for Suntup. Thus never thought of it again. To do what you guys did shows real brains. Glad you both won a cool prize. It is so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

That’s a thing of beauty Tim - great photos, and such a great story behind it as well. It’s obviously going to an owner who truly appreciates it. Congratulations.

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huge congrats on that one for sure, Tim!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone! And again, big thanks to Paul for running such a cool contest and firemonkey for being so sleuthy to begin with!

And Kris, I agree - while I LOVE my new book, the full story behind it: Paul's idea, firemonkey's detective skills, and my fortuitous solution, is really the coolest part. I've never heard of anything like it either, and I'm so happy and proud to be a part!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Congrats on solving the puzzle and getting that great copy of Misery. Well deserved. And a very cool contest indeed.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you love your prize Tim!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, and very impressive on all accounts! Man, I forgot how much I like those end papers...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Very nice, and very impressive on all accounts! Man, I forgot how much I like those end papers...
    When Misery was released, I tried my hardest to completely avoid all pictures of the book until I could see it in person. One night I scrolled down too fast in a thread, saw a flash of this pattern, and immediately closed the tab and avoided that thread - so the endpapers were like the only part of the book I partially saw. Even so, when I opened the book for the first time and saw them in person, I still let out an audible, involuntary gasp. Just spectacular papers!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a spectacular prize! And such a nice post about it, Tim, Congratulations! Thank you for sharing it with us. And because I think that is a friggen awesome idea, I hereby vote that you actually DO wallpaper a room with the Misery endpapers and then post a photo of the red numbered Misery in it

And thank you, guys, for the kind words It was cool as hell to be involved.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Lotuz + Firemonkey + Zelig = class acts.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Tim! You're a bloody paged genius!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Your New Pride and Joy!

Little gem from used bookstore today. Not in the greatest condition but also not one you find everyday. Considering the upcoming Suntup edition I felt this edition by it on the shelf would do nicely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice find.

"A Grotesque Romance" Gotta love it.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    While it's been a shitty couple of weeks personally, it's been a GREAT couple of weeks book-wise, and I have a couple of things that I've been meaning to post. Here is the biggest and best and first!

I know that there are literally hundreds of pictures of this book around, and lots of them better than these, but I wanted to post more than just the limitation page, in case anyone had temporarily forgotten how freaking beautiful this whole production is.

First, the letter of provenance that accompanied the book. I'm grateful to Paul, as I really appreciate stuff like this. Although I'll never in my whole life forget about this experience, it's nice to have small reminders of provenance for the important books in my collection.

The beautiful (and soft!) black leather and dark red cloth:

Two-color letterpress printing, with art (after watching the letterpress video Paul posted for The Time Machine I think we all have a new appreciation for what it means to do two-color printing via letterpress!):

The first Easter Egg!

God I love these endpapers. Some of my favorite ever. I've mentioned before that I'm a big sucker for hand-marbled endpapers so sometimes I forget that there are machine-printed endpapers that are also just damn beautiful (the recent Rosemary's Baby numbered and the lettered Sleeping Beauties from earlier this year are other great examples).

I half joke (actually it's only quarter joking, I'm pretty serious) with my wife that I want to wallpaper my office with this paper - it's decadent, but not over-the-top, it's got a wonderful palette and the right amount of white space, and I love love love the gold accents. Not only is it beautiful on its own, but it's wonderfully evocative of a kind of wallpaper that Annie might have in her house.

Here's the copyright page that housed the long-kept secret (15 months!). Look at that letter "S" just staring everybody right in the damn face!

And finally, the limitation page. Red ink! I wasn't sure if these would be numbered 1-15 or 186-200 because I've never seen a picture of a red numbered Misery limitation page. Well, here it is, and it's the latter!

My best Pride & Joy, number 194:

Congrats!! AMAZING!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1220 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 220 720 1120 1170 1210 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1230 1270 ... LastLast