Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 858 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 358 758 808 848 856 857 858 859 860 868 908 958 ... LastLast
Results 21,426 to 21,450 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just found some German Paperbacks at the store. Amok (Rage) and Todesmarsch (The Long Walk). They also had Fire-starter but I passed on it.
    Don't know if they are worth anything at all just thought they were cool looking and to see Rage in other countries is always interesting to me.
    Enjoy

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Always nice to collect foreign editions

Last week another Italian DT3 arrived:

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Always nice to collect foreign editions

Last week another Italian DT3 arrived:

Very cool, love the art!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received this in the post. This was sent to me for free, by a member here. I've been asked not to name names, which is fine, but just want to publically say what an amazingly generous gesture it was to send me a copy! I've already ordered a slip case from CD to protect what will be one of my top cherished items in my collection.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Woo-hoo, congratulations!!!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Man Traycased Signed Limited Edition w/ matching Art Portfolio. The book has (what I think is) a pretty cool remarque by Glenn Chadbourne.

Last edited by wolfehr; 03-01-2015 at 02:37 PM. Reason: fixed the links
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful artwork and signatures, wolfehr! That is truly a nice presentation.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks goheat; appreciate the kind words!
    Wanted:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed! A great Pride & Joy!

John

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome artwork!! You must be very proud to have that in your collection. Glenn Chadbourne is the best!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Just received this in the post. This was sent to me for free, by a member here. I've been asked not to name names, which is fine, but just want to publically say what an amazingly generous gesture it was to send me a copy! I've already ordered a slip case from CD to protect what will be one of my top cherished items in my collection.

What an amazing gift to receive in the post! That is all kinds of awesome!!!

I am continuously overwhelmed by the generosity displayed on this forum. It's certainly never in poor taste to help out a fellow member in need!!

A truly excellent Pride and Joy!! Thanks for sharing, James!!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    The Dark Man Traycased Signed Limited Edition w/ matching Art Portfolio. The book has (what I think is) a pretty cool remarque by Glenn Chadbourne.

Loving it!

Also congrats on the signed copy of Revival Jimimck! Very cool that someone hooked you, whom ever it was rocks!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Very cool Chadbourne Remarque!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    So I'm not trying to be a jerk here, and I am certainly happy that everyone who has purchased Remarqued books is happy with their purchases. Collect what makes you happy. I'm just trying to understand why folks seem to like having a book with all of the remarques in it. You're going to close the book and put it in its slipcase, so nobody is going to see all the art. Doesn't it make more sense to have art on the wall? I'd much rather have Whelan art on the wall than some drawings in a book.
    Collectors are a quirky lot.
    I'm very happy to have a couple of Whelan originals hanging on the wall, and I'm pleased with a few books with remarques inside.
    Not everyone can have an original(s) hanging on the wall that is affordable and palatable to others. A cool piece in a book takes up no additional space (than the book itself...duh), yet can be viewed/shown, at will.

EDIT:

I don't "get" the new tattoo body art that ranges from a full arm sleeve to coverage everywhere-particularly on young women. I also don't get a person having a tattoo where they themselves can't see it (unless someone hands them a mirror...oops reverse...or takes a pic to show them).
    That doesn't mean that the people getting/doing the tattoos are misguided, it just means I myself view things differently (and perhaps need to expand my horizons).
    I've never liked tattoos on women, I know that's sexist of me but I just can't help it.
    As for the Remarque question, ELazansky, you say you do not understand because the book will be closed and in a slipcase and no one will see it but most limited editions have illustrations, those are also closed up in the book and not seen, should books not be illustrated as well or is that OK because they are officially tipped in by the publisher/printer?
    I stay away from making any purchases with remarques. I like my limited edition books as published.
    Totally understandable and I would never question you on that point but the logic of because the book will be closed etc. just didn't make sense to me. I like having extra, custom illustrations for some editions and I do in fact take them out and look at them from time to time (gives me an excuse to play with my limited editions!)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    So I'm not trying to be a jerk here, and I am certainly happy that everyone who has purchased Remarqued books is happy with their purchases. Collect what makes you happy. I'm just trying to understand why folks seem to like having a book with all of the remarques in it. You're going to close the book and put it in its slipcase, so nobody is going to see all the art. Doesn't it make more sense to have art on the wall? I'd much rather have Whelan art on the wall than some drawings in a book.
    Collectors are a quirky lot.
    I'm very happy to have a couple of Whelan originals hanging on the wall, and I'm pleased with a few books with remarques inside.
    Not everyone can have an original(s) hanging on the wall that is affordable and palatable to others. A cool piece in a book takes up no additional space (than the book itself...duh), yet can be viewed/shown, at will.

EDIT:

I don't "get" the new tattoo body art that ranges from a full arm sleeve to coverage everywhere-particularly on young women. I also don't get a person having a tattoo where they themselves can't see it (unless someone hands them a mirror...oops reverse...or takes a pic to show them).
    That doesn't mean that the people getting/doing the tattoos are misguided, it just means I myself view things differently (and perhaps need to expand my horizons).
    I've never liked tattoos on women, I know that's sexist of me but I just can't help it.
    As for the Remarque question, ELazansky, you say you do not understand because the book will be closed and in a slipcase and no one will see it but most limited editions have illustrations, those are also closed up in the book and not seen, should books not be illustrated as well or is that OK because they are officially tipped in by the publisher/printer?
    I stay away from making any purchases with remarques. I like my limited edition books as published.
    Totally understandable and I would never question you on that point but the logic of because the book will be closed etc. just didn't make sense to me. I like having extra, custom illustrations for some editions and I do in fact take them out and look at them from time to time (gives me an excuse to play with my limited editions!)
    Your right. And not only do you look at them from time to time... it is PROVEN they add value. People ALWAYS pay more for a remarqued book.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

My books don't sit on the shelf closed for long periods of time. I frequently take out my books and handle them; that's part of the reason I enjoy collecting! Yes, they don't get seen as often as something hanging on the wall, but that doesn't mean they aren't seen at all. Remarques also make that particular book unique, and I enjoy thinking of how the artists interpretation of the book influenced what they drew.

To your point, I also enjoy collect matching art portfolios because I can much more easily display those. I actually have one of the prints from my The Dark Man art portfolio hanging up at the moment.

To each their own though! Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by wolfehr; 03-02-2015 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo
    Wanted:

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Your right. And not only do you look at them from time to time... it is PROVEN they add value. People ALWAYS pay more for a remarqued book.
    I would not pay more for a remarqued book, so it is not proven that they add value to all buyers. Some may find added value, while others may not. To each his own.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would not pay more for a remarqued book, so it is not proven that they add value to all buyers. Some may find added value, while others may not. To each his own.
    Sorry Eric, In MOST cases people pay more. You know that is true come on. YOU may not buy that book, but someone will buy it at the higher amount thus my statement is true. If you were correct then CD would sell books with remarques for free instead of charging a couple hundred more. I agree to each his own... but remarqued books fetch more. IN ANY market.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, sorry webstar1000, but I have to disagree.
    You may pay more originally to have the remarque added ($ to the artist + the book cost), but after market? Too many variables.
    Who actually did the remarque plays heavily into this...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    You may pay more originally to have the remarque added ($ to the artist + the book cost), but after market? Too many variables.
    So your telling me that a book with a remarque does NOT go for more in a secondary market for the most part? Sorry... but I dont really understand what your disagreeing with my man... If the artist that worked on the book did a reamarque it is going for more. If Whelan draws the symbol for "KA" it fetches a hundred more!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    100% with you here. Art is so subjective. You pay more up front for a Remarque to your liking and style. But selling it on the secondary market does not guarantee a profit. But we are straying from the thread of Pride and Joys, so I'll stop here. I hope everyone enjoys their latest purchases.

Country
    Country Flag

I never said guarantee a profit... I never used that word because there is a cost to do that remarque, the extra shipping.. I said they are asking more. Maybe it is to cover the cost to do it but people ask more. Even Bett's Books did with all the Glenn stuff. It went for less at the end... but they asked more in the beginning. I did not use the word "profit" because in a lot of cases I do not see that the case. Most would be lucky to cover what they spent to get one. AND JUST TO BE CLEAR... I am not looking for an argument with you guys. Just a discussion. People seem ready to light the boards on fire here lately. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It's all good. No arguments, just a discussion. When I started collecting, there was no such thing as remarqued books, so maybe that's why I just don't care for them.

This is quite a remarque-able discussion

Country
    Country Flag

This is quite a remarque-able discussion
    OK, I had to rep you for that one...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 858 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 358 758 808 848 856 857 858 859 860 868 908 958 ... LastLast