Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 666 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 766 1166 ... LastLast
Results 16,626 to 16,650 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. No envelope or necklace. I was able to pick up the pendant without the chain, and I also was able to get one of the signed Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon editions from the same seller. I didn't realize that was one of Alpert's copies.

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    It's not new, but this is one of my Pride and Joys that is NOT a proof:

The New Lieutenant's Rap front cover:

The page with the number (#468 ):

And the signature:

John
    Amazing, John. Lovely signature too.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really nice book - enjoyed the story behind the books too

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

That's extremely hard to find now, John. I think I have heard of only a few handful of people that has a semi-complete package (necklace & signed GWLTG) and only 1 other collector that I know that own all that and the quiz too.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    That's extremely hard to find now, John. I think I have heard of only a few handful of people that has a semi-complete package (necklace & signed GWLTG) and only 1 other collector that I know that own all that and the quiz too.
    You are so right. I've never owned one of the necklaces.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

My new pride and Joy,

I got this from someone in California who doesn't sell books regularly and she sold it for....

She even threw in an extra paperback to sweeten the deal

sorry, I have posted this other places already but I am soo excited!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Sweet!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

What are those? Proofs?

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Those are the first prints of Wool and Shift. The ultrarare selfpublished Omnibus of Wool is first print, worth several hundred $´s or probably now already more....!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Well, the King Book Gods seem to be smiling on me recently. After winning an eBay auction for an as-new slipcased trade ed. of KNOWING DARKNESS: ARTISTS INSPIRED BY STEPHEN KING for $58 shipped (!!!...a price I still have trouble believing I paid), I today picked up a very nice NF/NF 1st ed. hardcover copy of DANSE MACABRE for $15. The bookseller (Half Price Books) had it in their collectible section for $15 but had it expressly identified as a bookclub edition...yet the $13.95 on the dustjacket and the RRD281 code on the copyright page tell a very different story. Since I haven't yet read either book, these were great finds, and not only for their collectible value and the fraction paid thereof. Oh, and I just received yesterday an email from Cemetery Dance telling me that my slipcased trade edition of THE DARK MAN has just shipped...the copy that I won for free in their recent competition.

Good times, good times...
    Congrats! What a price!!! And THAT is why I can't stop looking at ebay!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new P&J's!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, it's nice to be able to share my scores with folks who can appreciate them, my friends and family just kind of look and say"that's nice" but don't really get it, but I know that you guys do!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Part 1 ....

After what seemed an eternity (it wasn't, it just felt that way) Rachel Readman's Jake & Oy "Silflay" sculpture (which I was fortunate to have been the successful bidder for in the 2013 Haven Foundation round of auctions) has finally arrived in Australia

Rachel has gone above and beyond with this piece (additional add-on items that are not part of the standard sculpture) - and, as a surprise bonus, generously included my very first piece of Rachel Readman original art - which will be heading to the framers and onto the art wall (ceiling?) before this week is out

I'll shut up now and let the pictures do the talking (except to say that if anyone here on the forum is sitting on the fence about acquiring one of these pieces - fall of it and get one!!!)

We all float down here!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Part 2 ....

Additional details not included on the other sculptures ...

In-situ in the reading room with the 2012 Haven Foundation auction piece by Rachel (Constant Reader) ....

The bonus surprise artwork that accompanied the sculpture (I love it) !!!!

We all float down here!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That is really amazing...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Michaël. It's amazing!

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's beautiful. Congrats.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing.... and so well. Wonderful work.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A beautiful piece indeed

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing! Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a little while back there were some pics posted of various custom cases for THE PLANT which inspired me to see what i could get done.
    i did a little digging and turns out that there was a book binder right around the corner from where i work so i paid him a visit and we discussed a few ideas. long story short, here is what i picked up today:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Country
    Country Flag

Now that's a seriously sweet slip cased production - very nice indeed mate !!!!
    We all float down here!

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very, very cool.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

So, I've been 'collecting' (i.e. looking for collectible books, not simply 'hoarding', which is what I used to do before) for about seven years. During this time I was able to find some good stuff: several pretty scarce US and UK proofs come to mind, and very nice copies of the hardest-to-find UK trade editions (Carrie, Night Shift, Danse Macabre, The Breathing Method to name a few).

Most of you know that I was stupid enough to sell a lot of my best items - first a number of scarce proofs, and a couple of years later most of my UK editions. Obviously, I'm still kicking myself and I really regret letting go of some gems.

Anyway, I'm working on slowly getting some of those goodies back into my collection. Today I received this very nice copy of the Doubleday Carrie ARC.

When I opened my mailbox I almost fainted - the seller shipped it in a flimsy, large envelope. When I opened it, I was both amazed and horrified to see that the book was placed in a plastic ziplock bag for 'protection' - no bubblewrap in sight. The seller did, however, roll the book itself in several layers of sticky clingwrap!

But as you can see it survived unscathed and the clingwrap, although madly sticking to itself and very hard to remove, did not adhere to the book so no damage was done in the end... gave me a good scare though!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

For it's age that looks to be in perfect condition, congrats Michaël

+ Reply to Thread
Page 666 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 766 1166 ... LastLast