Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 738 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 238 638 688 728 736 737 738 739 740 748 788 838 1238 ... LastLast
Results 18,426 to 18,450 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Jonahwriter, where in Europe are you? We have the same customs tax issues in the Netherlands so whenever possible I ask booksellers to put a low value on the customs form. It not only saves money but time as well (up to three weeks in most cases!).

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome editions everyone! Wow! That Ira Levin is a great catch!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Jonahwriter, where in Europe are you? We have the same customs tax issues in the Netherlands so whenever possible I ask booksellers to put a low value on the customs form. It not only saves money but time as well (up to three weeks in most cases!).
    I'm in Ireland. The seller said something like it was fraud for him to mark it as gift or declare lower amount - but I didn't ask him beforehand, only after, so in future I will. I like Ebay's Global Postage Programme - sometimes the shipping is more expensive but it guarantees no customs charges. When "The Talisman" arrived I was really pissed off about the $150 customs charge (112 euro).

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Awesome editions everyone! Wow! That Ira Levin is a great catch!
    Yes! It's falling apart but it's still awesome! The signed page slid out of the book when I opened it lol, but I still feel it's a bargain - something I rarely find!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    I'm in Ireland. The seller said something like it was fraud for him to mark it as gift or declare lower amount - but I didn't ask him beforehand, only after, so in future I will. I like Ebay's Global Postage Programme - sometimes the shipping is more expensive but it guarantees no customs charges. When "The Talisman" arrived I was really pissed off about the $150 customs charge (112 euro).
    Did Customs tell you what the charge was for? Did the package state it was a book? AFAIK the VAT laws in Ireland are the same for the UK with regard to books, ie Zero rated. According to this website that appears to be the case and also includes imports from outside of the Country - "The rates which apply to publications printed within the State apply similarly to publications acquired by traders from other Member States of the EU and to those imported from outside the EU"

I would query this with customs.

EDIT: This is also why i hate eBays Global Postage, sometimes eBay does not take the 0% VAT into consideration and it just inflates the shipping costs.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Did Customs tell you what the charge was for? Did the package state it was a book? AFAIK the VAT laws in Ireland are the same for the UK with regard to books, ie Zero rated. According to this website that appears to be the case and also includes imports from outside of the Country - "The rates which apply to publications printed within the State apply similarly to publications acquired by traders from other Member States of the EU and to those imported from outside the EU"

I would query this with customs.

EDIT: This is also why i hate eBays Global Postage, sometimes eBay does not take the 0% VAT into consideration and it just inflates the shipping costs.
    They didn't tell me what it was for. I just had to pay it at the post depot. I've kept the packaging and will check that. Thanks for this info! I have an email for customs and will follow it up with them, complain, and send them this link. I'm not optimistic about it as Ireland is notorious for being expensive and a rip-off but I will try. Thank you again.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They didn't tell me what it was for. I just had to pay it at the post depot. I've kept the packaging and will check that. Thanks for this info! I have an email for customs and will follow it up with them, complain, and send them this link. I'm not optimistic about it as Ireland is notorious for being expensive and a rip-off but I will try. Thank you again.
    No, problem, glad to help (especially in areas of clawing back money from the Taxman!)
    one more piece of info that might be useful in the future. The zero rate does NOT apply to slipcases. If you order an empty slipcase, be prepared to pay additional import charges. If however the slipcase CONTAINS a book (any cheap paperback will do), then it is considered part of the book and not subject to VAT. It's a loophole and if they checked the book did not match then you could potentially incur the charge, but normally its down to what the seller puts on the customs form. ie. 'Book' and not 'Slipcase'. The seller is not lying on the form and you don't have to pay the duty.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Ari's philosophy.... The more in one delivery the better

Contents to be shown in My Collection thread soon....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations all!

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Three short stories.

What's included in USA Weekend mag?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Luckey Quarter

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Thanks to DIVEMASTER I have a matching, under 500, near complete set of DT s/l. We entered a deal some months ago and today we have officially completed it. Can't wait to receive my s/l WTTKH!

All I have left to find is the gunslinger and wastelands!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Thanks to DIVEMASTER I have a matching, under 500, near complete set of DT s/l. We entered a deal some months ago and today we have officially completed it. Can't wait to receive my s/l WTTKH!

Congrats! Those last 2 should be a breeze right? May we enquire as to # ?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Three short stories.
    Glad they arrived safely this time, P.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Congrats! Those last 2 should be a breeze right? May we enquire as to # ?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

This isn't King-related but I also picked up a signed first edition of Ira Levin's "A Kiss Before Dying" (his first novel) from 1953. My grail goal is still a signed first of "Rosemary's Baby" but this was unexpected and a bargain, only $13.49 plus similar price for international shipping, so the whole thing came to $26.59 - but for a first signed from 1953 this is a STEAL in my opinion even if the condition of the book is not great. I rarely grab a bargain so was chuffed with this.

WOW--great deal!! As for your grail, check out my book collection thread. I picked up a signed 1st of RB a couple years ago. And the store where I bought it has another if you're interested...

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    WOW--great deal!! As for your grail, check out my book collection thread. I picked up a signed 1st of RB a couple years ago. And the store where I bought it has another if you're interested...
    I'm definitely interested. Can you PM it to me? And I'm going to go check out your collection now. Thanks!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Luckey Quarter
    How lucky!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy

Two Laymon signed books arrived today, and an unexpected copy 19 of 100 of "Open Air" poetry casebound from 1972 by Peter Straub (I'd ordered a cheap library edition of paperback and they sent me library marked rare limited instead). Photos to follow in my collection. Also my double signed Dorothy Parker "Sunset Gun" limited 1928 shipped today - so excited to get it!!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

My review/galley arrived Monday. Excited to read the new story & write my review!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to seeing how you like it.

John

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I got #27 of "The Talisman" S/L by Straub and King today. I paid $600 for it on ebay, shipping was another $50, but sadly I was stung by custom charges of $150 so all in all it ended up costing me $800, way over budget, but it's a book I've wanted to own for a long time, and a realtively low number so I'm pleased with that. Not sure if I went way over value or if I'm still within range of the price it's worth??
    but I'm happy with it - just pissed off about the customs charges.

Also picked up a signed Gift Edition of "Insomnia" - I wasn't sure whether to go with the gift edition or the S/L but I found a signed Gift not much less than cost of a S/L but with intriguing inscription by King so went with that. So those are my two new King pieces and overall am happy with them.

I Paid $900 for my Talismam S/L & matching Blachouse S/L.........

Brian.....

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Stuff Everyone..........

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    My review/galley arrived Monday. Excited to read the new story & write my review!
    Congrats!
    7th US proof that I heart of.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two new items: finally got around to taking photos of The Shining (#121). Also picked up the King-signed limited of The Big Book of Necon (#70 of only 150)

The Shining S/L'd #121

The Big Book of Necon #70

There's actually over 50 signatures, but you get the point.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Your copy of "The Shining" looks like it is flawless. If so, congratulations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 738 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 238 638 688 728 736 737 738 739 740 748 788 838 1238 ... LastLast