Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 335 735 1235 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    LOL.

It's the first time I find a real jewel at abebooks. I saw it a night and it belonged to a bookstore in Germany. 7 euros for the book, 10 for the shipping.

Yes...I paid more for the shipping than for the book itself.

But it took me some time...been trying to find a good deal on that Rage book for more than a year!

Congrats, Ari!. It is a 1st printing, I assume?.
    I BELIEVE (I may well be wrong) that there wasn't a second printing...

Stunning deal matey - well done on being so patient
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post

I think you are right. I've never seen a later printing of RAGE.

I have seen 2nd and 3rd printings of THE LONG WALK but I don't recall seeing later printings of any of the other early Bachman paperbacks.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post

I think you are right. I've never seen a later printing of RAGE.

I have seen 2nd and 3rd printings of THE LONG WALK but I don't recall seeing later printings of any of the other early Bachman paperbacks.
    I've seen a 2nd printing for Roadwork, and I think Running Man too.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Signed Limited edition.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your band is gold, right? Because mine is and I'm just curious if your flash turned it red.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    Your band is gold, right? Because mine is and I'm just curies if your flash turned it red.
    Mine is kind of an orange-gold (golden orange?), not straight gold.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine too.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    Your band is gold, right? Because mine is and I'm just curious if your flash turned it red.
    Mine is orange-gold as well.

Is your band gold? A golden ticket band?

I would be leery of an invitation to visit the chocolate factory of Chester's Mills

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was a great day today..... I received both Knowing Darkness and Under The Dome S/L.

Knowing Darkness was one HUGE book. The photos do not do it justice. I took these quick photos of the front and back of the case along with the cover of the book. This will be a fun one to read. Jerad did a FANTASTIC job!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a good day. Congrats!

I see you took your S/L out of the shrinkwrap. I'd like to do that as well, but I'm paranoid about accidentally screwing up the band or something afterward, since there's no slip- or traycase to store it in as yet. Not sure how long I'm going to be able to hold out without checking the signature though.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I took mine out and put it in an archival bag. It'll stay there until I get a case.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I had to open it to look it over and see what my $200 got me... I put a cover over the DJ right away to protect it and the band until I can get a case.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick, I understand your hesitation, but you have to remember that S&S aren't like the presses we're use to dealing with regarding limited editions. If you wait too long and open the book to find it's torn, or missing something (like the signature page) there's a chance they won't have any replacement copies left (cause they sold them all after a couple of months).

Just my thoughts mind you. I have no information regarding this.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I just put a Brodart cover over my DJ and band and slapped it back on the book.

I am annoyed by the cards, and frankly wish they did not exist.

The stamped case they came in is over-sized, and as a result the corner was crushed.

My amazon order with my trade edition should arrive today!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was annoyed that they used a double sided tape to stick the card case to the top of the page edges.

What is the possibility of tape residue damaging the page edges and the damage not being seen until the book ages some? (Just a thought, I could be wrong. But it did definitely come to mind when I removed the shrink wrap and saw it.)

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, thanks for all the feedback, you guys. I have today off work, so as soon as the kids leave to go play with their friends, that shrinkwrap is coming off.

Now what's this about tape sticking the card case to the book pages?

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Not to defend S&S - because I certainly am not...

But they are hardly used to publishing limited editions of any kind. So what we may see as a juvenile flaw, they see as a corner cut or even an easier way of doing things.

Again - I don't excuse it because for all the money they rape..I mean raked in over this, they could have paid a professional a fee like... $3,000 to just DESIGN a basic limited for them. In this economy, I am sure any one of us would have come up with something cool.

If not, then at least some type of limitation page!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

My amazon order with my trade edition should arrive today!
    Amazon shipped my trade and deluxe via US mail, so I expect them tomorrow since today is a Holiday.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Ok, thanks for all the feedback, you guys. I have today off work, so as soon as the kids leave to go play with their friends, that shrinkwrap is coming off.

Now what's this about tape sticking the card case to the book pages?
    LOL..it looks like a piece of double sided tape to me. I think they used it to prevent the card case from moving around possibly.

I can take a pic of it and post it when I get home later tonight.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The tape seems not especially sticky--I laid both the signed and unsigned editions on their backs and after a little while, both boxes of cards fell off on their own. I wouldn't worry about the tape affecting the pages.

John

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pre-ordered my trade edition when I ordered Bev's new book from B&N. The trade edition arrived today via UPS and I'm already 50 pages in!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

big list. Having met with, spoken to, and enjoyed a meal with Mark Stutzman, and several other really wonderful folks, I expanded my signed collection by a significant number last night.

First Off, The Limited UtD arrived. I don;t need to show pics. there are enough around by now.

Next, from the King NYC event... CLICK ME. There are a few pictures there, just easier than posting them here individually. Pictured are the sig sheet from the book, the ticket, and the playbill from the event.

and, thanks to a very generous Mr. Stutzman...

Cell
    Duma Key
    Everything's Eventual
    From A Buick 8
    Lisey's Story Regular
    and Slipcased
    editions.

Above all were the memories of a great time with great people, but ari will have to posst the pictures for that part.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Craig!

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 335 735 1235 ... LastLast