Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 633 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 631 632 633 634 635 643 683 733 1133 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,825 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the "holy grails" of promo items.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Got this in today. Artist Edition #18 (of 25). Nice Chadbourne art. I need to go through and see for which story the art was done.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I'm glad someone here was able to get that.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Bob! You know where you should ALSO start posting your latest acquisitions? Your collection thread! Need more!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Only three US HC missing to have 'em all: Different Seasons, 11-22-63 and The Green Mile

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Over the last few years I have found the following deals (all firsts unless noted):

F/F The Long Walk 2nd for a dime

F/F never read copy of The Shining for a quarter

F/F Hunt For Red October for a quarter (not king but a tough book to find and a great price)

F/F Pet Semetary with a signed postcard from 83 talking about Christine that was tucked inside as a book mark for a quarter

VG+ never read copy of Rage for $2.95

NF never read Running Man for $3.50

NF never read Sphere pbo of all 6 volumes of The Books Of Blood by Clive Barker for $3.50 each (same day and store as the Running Man)

F/NF The Gunslinger 2nd $30.00

VG plume Gunslinger with alternate cover for $2.50

NF/G Gunslinger $100.00

VF/VF mint copy of Different Seasons signed to Forry (Forrest J. Ackerman) in the year of Publication for $300.00 in trade credit. my favorite king collection and an association copy to boot.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that's a great list of awesome deals!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Some great deals. Personally I am most impressed with the Hunt for Red October for 25 cents (if it is truly a first edition). Wow!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice deals! Local bookstore?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Yes. Some great deals. Personally I am most impressed with the Hunt for Red October for 25 cents (if it is truly a first edition). Wow!
    That's what caught my eye. The true first F/F is worth about $1,000, right?

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, it is a true first with all the issue points on the dust jacket and the copyright page. I have checked every copy I come across for about 20 years now. found it at a book sale about a year and a half ago. I did a double take on everything before I allowed myself to think wholly shit I found one and its only a quarter!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Nice deals! Local bookstore?
    A couple from bookstores in town, a couple from bookstores in Jacksonville where my folks live. One from a store in St. Augustine that usually charged an arm and a leg for anything that was nice, so it was nice that they missed the 2nd printing Gunslinger. Some from a store in Tampa that sadly closed a while back, I never went there without finding something nice. And a few from local book sales. Whenever I visit friends and relatives I try to hit the local bookstores while I'm there!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to live in the US for a couple of years and get the chance to go to 2nd hand bookstores and actually find books that I'm interested in (they don't even have to be great deals). All my favorite writers are from the US and UK - all I can find here are Dutch translations, 97th printing US/UK mass-market paperbacks or beat-up US/UK hardcover copies of more recent trade editions. No older books and magazines, no proofs, no signed books, no limiteds... I fully rely on eBay, ABE et cetera and often sellers don't want to ship overseas and if they do, it's getting more and more expensive. I'm pretty sure that 25% of the money I invested in my collection was spent on shipping costs alone.

Sorry, I needed to get this off my chest.

Those were some great, great deals, Barlow!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I would love to live in the US for a couple of years and get the chance to go to 2nd hand bookstores and actually find books that I'm interested in (they don't even have to be great deals). All my favorite writers are from the US and UK - all I can find here are Dutch translations, 97th printing US/UK mass-market paperbacks or beat-up US/UK hardcover copies of more recent trade editions. No older books and magazines, no proofs, no signed books, no limiteds... I fully rely on eBay, ABE et cetera and often sellers don't want to shop overseas and if they do, it's getting more and more expensive. I'm pretty sure that 25% of the money I invested in my collection was spent on shipping costs alone.

Sorry, I needed to get this off my chest.

Those were some great, great deals, Barlow!
    I know exactly how you feel my friend. Same thing here in New Zealand. Doesn't it piss you off when you think about how much you've paid on shipping...

I've always dreamt of winning lotto so I could retire and open a second hand book store without having to worry about making a living out of it. Then I could help people find those amazing deals myself

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've got to start visiting the used bookstores again!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My newest:

Vampires: Two Centuries of Great Vampire Stories with King's One for the Road:

This one is rather unique in that the proof contains King's story, but the finished book does not. I don't know the story behind it.

John

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My newest:

Vampires: Two Centuries of Great Vampire Stories with King's One for the Road.

This one is rather unique in that the proof contains King's story, but the finished book does not. I don't know the story behind it.

John
    That's very interesting!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Ari!
    Congrats John that is interesting.
    Christine

Country
    Country Flag

That is interesting, I wonder if some kind of issue copyright issue came up between King, his current publishers who have the story and the publisher of this book? I can't imagine the editor decided One For The Road didn't make the cut!

Country
    Country Flag

Having the used bookstores to look through is awesome, unfortunately they seem to be closing up shop faster much faster than new ones are opening!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I know they still list for that much maybe even a little more! I have no plans to sell it but I wonder if they actually sell for that amount, or if that is just what some of the dealers would like to get for there copies? I hope someday he will do a signing within a reasonable distance of where I live and I can get it signed!

John
    I've got some info on this that I'll pass along later today or tonight. Just some comments that Stuart Schiff made concerning the omission of King's story. Basically he says that King was being a jerk as usual (his feelings, not necessarily mine). I'll quote him verbatim later today.

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I know they still list for that much maybe even a little more! I have no plans to sell it but I wonder if they actually sell for that amount, or if that is just what some of the dealers would like to get for there copies? I hope someday he will do a signing within a reasonable distance of where I live and I can get it signed!
    I think The Hunt For Red October has fallen quite a bit from its high selling prices a few years ago but I haven't priced them recently. I have never owned a copy.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    I've got some info on this that I'll pass along later today or tonight. Just some comments that Stuart Schiff made concerning the omission of King's story. Basically he says that King was being a jerk as usual (his feelings, not necessarily mine). I'll quote him verbatim later today.

Always interesting to read your inside informations
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 633 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 631 632 633 634 635 643 683 733 1133 ... LastLast