Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1053 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 53 553 953 1003 1043 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1063 1103 1153 ... LastLast
Results 26,301 to 26,325 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Ari and ditto on the kudos for RF helping ya out with it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol, that thing is friggen huge! I'd be afraid that it's going to come to life and run over all my books

Great assist, RF!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I received some cool items last Friday.

I am glad they arrived safely, Ari. And congratulations with the Maximum Overdrive promo!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some very nice additions Ari! Big to RF for once again going above and beyond for members of this site
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And for the following item I can't thank Jerome enough for what he did.

A month ago one of the elusive Maximum Overdrive Cardboard trucks was auctioned and I couldn't afford the amount at that precise moment. The auction was over only a couple of hours ago and big was my surprise when Jerome contacted me telling me he bought the item so I'd not lose it. Not only he didn't charge me an extra cent but he even took two installments for the payment. I can't thank him enough for his kindness and help.

And now the funny thing: when I started looking for the Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck I saw one over a bookcase and I calculated it couldn't be larger than 10'' x 5''. So when I got the package and it was HUGE, I realized there are TWO cardboard trucks. One is the small one...and the other the one I got:

There's no way I can have this display at my house. So I only kept displayed the truck and find a great place to show it:

Of course, I'm still searching for the SMALL cardboard truck
    It's not the same one that we saw in the past, but that's a great looking one. Just also a big ass POS ad!

Ari, what is the 22/11/63 book under the truck at the top of the shelf??
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am glad they arrived safely, Ari. And congratulations with the Maximum Overdrive promo!
    Thank you! I loved 'em! I finally have that fucking Redbook magazine!

Ari, what is the 22/11/63 book under the truck at the top of the shelf??
    It's a promo fake book for 11.22.63 in Spanish.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Promo fake book?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like a gigant book but it's not a book. It's for display purposes.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on finally landing that Maximum Overdrive, Ari and really cool of Jerome to do that for you.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Some recent stuff:

Rare unsigned (by Beryl Evans actress) edition. Possibly even more rare as it has Ned Dameron original art and signature:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! I'm still after one of those shirts at a good price.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! I'm still after one of those shirts at a good price.
    You can have one for free if you win the auction...

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice copy of Charlie the Choo Choo, Jerome!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very nice copy of Charlie the Choo Choo, Jerome!
    Thanks. It was fun to get.

Country
    Country Flag

I am in touch with SONY reps.
    The marketing manager dealing with that title forwarded my details to the french reps (and therefore I should not contact the international manager directly), who have never even heard of that book. I guess that i'll never get lucky enough to get one as a freebie :p

Country
    Country Flag

My second favorite author is Bernard Werber, a french author that is literally considered as a superstar in Korea & Russia (only his first book has been translated in english, as EMPIRE OF THE ANTS. As a side note, while King was in front of 2500 people in France, the same evening he was in front of 10,000 in korea).

I personally know that author since about a decade, after meeting him in a signing and presenting my research about his work, which I am trying to turn into a book.
    I know that he regularly invite some friends over on sundays for talking and playing a game (a werewolf card game, where villagers are trying to find out who are the werewolves decimating the village : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_We...Millers_Hollow ) and today was the first time I was actually invited to take part of it.

Before other people arrived, he gave me a copy of his next book to be published (in a month), as a proof copy (which he signed) & a final copy.
    His next book is titled DEMAIN LES CHATS (lit : TOMORROW THE CATS)

At the end of the afternoon, we chatted a bit more, and he invited me to his other flat to get a couple of more proofs he forgot to give me and chatted some more (including about King).

He asked me if I needed any other books, and I replied/made the mistake of mentionning I started collecting EMPIRE OF THE ANTS in foreign languages. At that point, he started handing me over many books in different languages (he was also pleased to clear out a bit of space).
    So instead of leaving with only 3-4 books, I actually left with an entire boxful off books and 4-5 extra proofs I already had!
    Oh, and I guess that my foreign collection will not solely focus on 1 specific book anymore.
    I actually need to sort that box I had to carry for 1h in the metro. I didn't take a good picture, but i'd say there is about 20 books...

On top of that, he also handed me that one :

A printed version of his previous book, with his working title (as printed : the kingdom of dreams, which would become "THE SIXTH SLEEP")... so a version of a book BEFORE even the proof! Told me that he probably got it back from the person to whom he dedicated the book.
    So, for me, this one is quite a gem!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am in touch with SONY reps.
    The marketing manager dealing with that title forwarded my details to the french reps (and therefore I should not contact the international manager directly), who have never even heard of that book. I guess that i'll never get lucky enough to get one as a freebie :p
    The only copy I received for free was auctioned as a fundraiser.

It's odd, but most international "press" want and often receive a free book, and then a short time later, the free book sells for a handsome price.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a great story and what a great haul!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great haul, Jeremy!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Jeremy!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jeremy, that's something really special!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Always cool when an artist sends you a piece, and also does a cool little drawing on the envelope:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Always cool when an artist sends you a piece, and also does a cool little drawing on the envelope:

I like that!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Alex can draw, that's for sure.

Mulleins

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a sucker for crows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1053 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 53 553 953 1003 1043 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1063 1103 1153 ... LastLast