Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 621 1121 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 32426

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice Hbgunslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

It's not really the same as some of your amazing grabs that I've seen here but... I was at a car swap meet in Stafford Connecticut last weekend and while browsing (no bs on this) I spotted from about 20-30 feet away a book sitting on a table that I recognized at once and quickly made my way over afraid someone would grab it. It was a DT7 hard cover in absolutely beautiful condition for $12. Needless to say that I left a auto swap meet with a book.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hbgunslinger View Post
    It's not really the same as some of your amazing grabs that I've seen here but... I was at a car swap meet in Stafford Connecticut last weekend and while browsing (no bs on this) I spotted from about 20-30 feet away a book sitting on a table that I recognized at once and quickly made my way over afraid someone would grab it. It was a DT7 hard cover in absolutely beautiful condition for $12. Needless to say that I left a auto swap meet with a book.
    Stafford Springs CT I used to live there! Baker's Furniture, the old Woolen Mill. Do you live close by? I am in Fairfield CT now. Oh, and nice grab on the DT book!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbgunslinger View Post
    Stafford Springs CT I used to live there! Baker's Furniture, the old Woolen Mill. Do you live close by? I am in Fairfield CT now. Oh, and nice grab on the DT book!
    I grew up in Fairfield, CT!!! Love it and miss it. Hopefully I will be moving back to the north east in a year or two!
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I happened to stumble upon this little gem last week. It had just been listed on ABE and I had never heard of it before. It is called The Cure, written by Owen King and published by something called One Story. It is a short story published in stiff pale grey wrappers in December 2006. It is also signed by Owen. I bought it for $7

Here are a couple interesting links about the story:

http://litpark.com/2006/08/31/kelly-braffet-owen-king/

http://www.one-story.com/index.php?p...ry&story_id=85

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is great Wiz.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That is a nice find, David. Is it a good story? I've never read any Owen King so I don't know if I would like his writing or not.

If anyone is interested you can follow the second link that David provided and go directly to the One Story website where back issues, including this one, are available. I doubt they are signed like David's but the price is very reasonable.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice find, Dave!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That is a nice find, David. Is it a good story? I've never read any Owen King so I don't know if I would like his writing or not.

If anyone is interested you can follow the second link that David provided and go directly to the One Story website where back issues, including this one, are available. I doubt they are signed like David's but the price is very reasonable.
    Bob-

I have not read it yet myself, but I did listen to Owen's reading of one of his recent short stories at the Three Kings Event in April, and I liked his style quite a lot. Parts were bizarre and disturbing, just like his dad. Funny, as a father of three kids myself, I cringed a little bit as Owen used the "eff" word and made some sexual references in his reading with both his parents sitting right there, even though he is a grown man himself...it was just a little bit weird.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Check it out, my friends.

A wonderful gift was made to me, a signed Jae Lee comic.

I'm so touched by this self-less and considerate present.

I had to share it with you all.

My favorite Jae Lee cover, no less.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Very nice. Looks like you have a friend who was in Las Vegas recently.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I would say.

Great gift!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have this drawing on the way, it is a prelim for TLRH #5 by Lee Bermejo. It is 8 1/2 X 11 compared to the actual cover drawing which is 11 X 17. It's interesting how very close to the final cover this is, very subtle differences.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Turtlex will be so so jealous, oy! That's absolutely gorgeous!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice Hbgunslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I live right over the state line in Brookfield, Ma other side of Sturbridge. Small world, I always seem to be in and out of Stafford Springs now. Whethere for the paranormal invests I do or my Fathers girlfriends house. Fairfield is relatively close to Stratford is it not? I'm down there all the time to.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oy, that's niiiiice.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Wow! Very nice. Looks like you have a friend who was in Las Vegas recently.
    Thanks. I love it so much. Almost feels like I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    That's what I would say.

Great gift!
    Was a wonderful surprise and it touched my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I have this drawing on the way, it is a prelim for TLRH #5 by Lee Bermejo. It is 8 1/2 X 11 compared to the actual cover drawing which is 11 X 17. It's interesting how very close to the final cover this is, very subtle differences.

OMG !!! Freaking awesome, Oy! Soooo very cool. Wonderful. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Turtlex will be so so jealous, oy! That's absolutely gorgeous!

Yes, my honorary turtle, I am very jealous. Oy has an amazing collection and that's a super-cool piece!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've fell way behind on this thread.

Belated congratulations to: Ari, Woofer, RF, Jhanic, Tippy4, Herbwest, Wiz, Turtle and OY for your recent purchases.

Enjoy them all.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stafford Springs CT I used to live there! Baker's Furniture, the old Woolen Mill. Do you live close by? I am in Fairfield CT now. Oh, and nice grab on the DT book![/QUOTE]
    Cool. I live right over the state line in Brookfield, Ma other side of Sturbridge. Small world, I always seem to be in and out of Stafford Springs now. Whethere for the paranormal invests I do or my Fathers girlfriends house. Fairfield is relatively close to Stratford is it not? I'm down there all the time to.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Fairfield is a stone's throw away from Stratford.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post

Dave-

Of all the covers thus far, that one is by FAR my favorite. I am INSANELY jealous!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

ok. A couple of you asked me to post this so here it is....my Dark Tower comic collection to date, 71 individual pieces (some duplicates) and EVERY ONE of them signed by Jae Lee!

And my favorite piece in the collection, inscribed Gunslinger Born hardcover:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!

John

My Mood
    Gay

O M G ! Lookit those comics !!!
    That's amazing !!!

Sooooo impressive.

And that is about the coolest inscription ever.

ETA : wiz, what are those two in the upper right corner? With the large white writing on the covers?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    O M G ! Lookit those comics !!!
    That's amazing !!!

Sooooo impressive.

And that is about the coolest inscription ever.

ETA : wiz, what are those two in the upper right corner? With the large white writing on the covers?
    Thanks! I was waiting for someone to ask that very question. Those are Marvel Spotlight editions. I think they were given out are freebies by comic shops, but they were limited in number and were only available for a very short time. I don't think many people thought of them as collectible.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Thanks! I was waiting for someone to ask that very question. Those are Marvel Spotlight editions. I think they were given out are freebies by comic shops, but they were limited in number and were only available for a very short time. I don't think many people thought of them as collectible.
    Wow. Could you, maybe, please, take a close up of one and post it?

I've never seen them before.

: adding to my list of comics to look for :

Thank you!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course, mine's not signed, but here's a picture.

John
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 621 1121 ... LastLast