Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 855 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 905 955 ... LastLast
Results 21,351 to 21,375 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Were I to sell all three components; I would sell the prints separately. For all three together I wouldn't even consider an offer below $1K.
    Wow !!! I purchased my set ( 3 components ) from Betts for $225 around 3yrs ago...lucky me........

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For what it's worth I paid $350 CAD (think it was around $300 USD at the time, about a year a go) after hunting for a while for my copy of Salem's Lot GE, and seems to be closer to $350 USD on average. I've seen the traycased GE copy go for around $500-525 USD, I imagine you may be able to find it a bit cheaper, but not much. I have yet to see a copy with the prints up for sale at all, so I guess they are the rarest and potentially most valuable component. So a $400+ USD price tag on them and the traycase or even the prints themselves seems feasible.

I would think a price tag of around $800-900 USD for the Lot (see what I did there?) seems about right.

Traveler vbull is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    A few new arrivals today!

I've been after this for a while now, and finally got one. Thank you vbull. Arrived safe.

The 'Salem's Lot Gif Edition with The Collector traycase and all 7 prints.

Having only ever seen photos of this, I never realized it was so big. An idea on size:

This is the Lettered edition of A Life in the Cinema (PC copy).

And finally, a 1st printing/1st impression UK trade paperback of 11/22/63

When I opened the book, there was a surprise inside. This press release.

Glad it arrived safe zelig!
    I'm sure it will be in good hands from now on.
    Jerome

Country
    Country Flag

Well after all your speculations on Salem's Lot GE with traycase and prints, I guess zelig got a good deal with me :-)

I can't see the prints go for 450$ alone. I know Salem's Lot prices have gone up crazy in the last 6-12 months but that's one of the reason I quit collecting SK a year ago. Too many limited editions. Limited Double Day from CD make me sick, not to mention the latest PS Publishing too. Sorry guys but it seems like all reasons are good to make a limited of SK now, more than ever. IT was a good choice and for good reasons, which is the last limited I bought. CD's Salem's Lot is nothing more than a copy of Centipede version in my view. One was made and that's enough.

Enough for my rant here.
    Jerome

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also posted this in my personal thread but wanted to post it here with another observation. I never realized (till I had one in front of me) how deep and how much Hale says with so few lines/color in a piece of his art. Very impressed with this picture of Roland. Thanks to the Caretaker.... your a good friend. kris

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Yeah, it takes way more skill to leave lines out and than it does to put more in.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    Limited Double Day from CD make me sick
    Wow, you should probably see a doctor if you're actually getting sick about something like a book. Sounds like you might have a more serious condition!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Wow, you should probably see a doctor if you're actually getting sick about something like a book. Sounds like you might have a more serious condition!

Brian
    I LOVE my Carrie Gift and Artist Edition!
    Now that asbestos bound Firestarter might be a book that could make someone sick

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any pics BUT you all know it very well. I got a MINT Doctor Sleep 1st signed with all the event material/ticket with it... IN a CD case (REALLY NICE) annnnnnnnnnnd a Brodart cover. I have to make sure people know how amazing Dez (User name: dnemec) was. She made me a trade for a Revival (paid our own shipping) for this book that I did not have. LOL She was shocked as I was prob the only one who did not have one.. and when it cam they charged me duty and taxes of $50CAD... I told Dez (just so she knew in the future to mark gift over borders.. WHICH SHE DID it turns out)... they took the estimated value and hosed me. She OFFERED to split it with me or donate the half to the haven fund. That is classy. Wonderful person to deal with... and I am going to the widget right now to do just that... donate the money Cheers all!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    No doctor needed. Figure of speech... I know it's your business to publish books as other publishers. As stated in the same post, IT was a great and needed limited edition. It was surprising how long it took to have one. I just don't see the needs for every SK books to have a limited edition (even 2 or 3 for some). I still love limited editions, I'm still keeping some even if I'm selling the majority of my collection. I started collecting books because of SK and by doing so I discovered a lot of great authors that way. Sorry if my example was directed at CD or PS but those are the most recent releases that came to mind.

Jerome

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I don't have any pics BUT you all know it very well. I got a MINT Doctor Sleep 1st signed with all the event material/ticket with it... IN a CD case (REALLY NICE) annnnnnnnnnnd a Brodart cover. I have to make sure people know how amazing Dez (User name: dnemec) was. She made me a trade for a Revival (paid our own shipping) for this book that I did not have. LOL She was shocked as I was prob the only one who did not have one.. and when it cam they charged me duty and taxes of $50CAD... I told Dez (just so she knew in the future to mark gift over borders.. WHICH SHE DID it turns out)... they took the estimated value and hosed me. She OFFERED to split it with me or donate the half to the haven fund. That is classy. Wonderful person to deal with... and I am going to the widget right now to do just that... donate the money Cheers all!
    I agree, Dez is very cool! Congrats on the signed Doctor Sleep, I still need one myself but it will be a few months before I could pick one up

Brian
    No doctor needed. Figure of speech... I know it's your business to publish books as other publishers. As stated in the same post, IT was a great and needed limited edition. It was surprising how long it took to have one. I just don't see the needs for every SK books to have a limited edition (even 2 or 3 for some). I still love limited editions, I'm still keeping some even if I'm selling the majority of my collection. I started collecting books because of SK and by doing so I discovered a lot of great authors that way. Sorry if my example was directed at CD or PS but those are the most recent releases that came to mind.

Jerome
    Ha, I know. I completely understood your point, but every now and then a funny response pops into my head and I can't let them slip on by.

Things have gotten very odd in the last year or two. Part of it just unlucky timing -- both for the publishers and the collectors. (For the publishers because, obviously, it would be better for, say CD or PS, if there were NOT all of these other editions out there to compete for collectors' time, energy, money. For collectors because this sort of thing is how people start getting burned out and that's no fun for anyone.)

Part of what is happening is the Hodder in the UK has suddenly decided to start licensing the UK rights to do unsigned special editions of the backlist while also doing some of their own special editions for the newer books. I don't blame Pete in the least for grabbing that opportunity and running with it. The fact that Steve has agreed to sign some of the Lettered Editions is great. But it means you're now seeing A LOT of those types of editions all of a sudden.

And then for our Doubleday Years set, clearly there is overlap with previous Limited Editions. We still think the idea of this very carefully produced and matching set of these early, classic books is a worthy endeavor, but we also understand that there are a lot of collectors who will want to pick and choose because they don't NEED another 'Salem's Lot, etc. And what edition could compete with the Centipede Press edition anyway, right? Although, oddly enough, our new 'Salem's Lot has sold much faster than our Carrie, so it seems to be resonating with someone. But our goal isn't to beat or compete with those beautiful editions that came before, but to create something new with this collection as a whole. We'll see how everyone feels when the set is complete. Hopefully we succeed.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian

Jerome
    Ha, I know. I completely understood your point, but every now and then a funny response pops into my head and I can't let them slip on by.

Things have gotten very odd in the last year or two. Part of it just unlucky timing -- both for the publishers and the collectors. (For the publishers because, obviously, it would be better for, say CD or PS, if there were NOT all of these other editions out there to compete for collectors' time, energy, money. For collectors because this sort of thing is how people start getting burned out and that's no fun for anyone.)

Part of what is happening is the Hodder in the UK has suddenly decided to start licensing the UK rights to do unsigned special editions of the backlist while also doing some of their own special editions for the newer books. I don't blame Pete in the least for grabbing that opportunity and running with it. The fact that Steve has agreed to sign some of the Lettered Editions is great. But it means you're now seeing A LOT of those types of editions all of a sudden.

And then for our Doubleday Years set, clearly there is overlap with previous Limited Editions. We still think the idea of this very carefully produced and matching set of these early, classic books is a worthy endeavor, but we also understand that there are a lot of collectors who will want to pick and choose because they don't NEED another 'Salem's Lot, etc. And what edition could compete with the Centipede Press edition anyway, right? Although, oddly enough, our new 'Salem's Lot has sold much faster than our Carrie, so it seems to be resonating with someone. But our goal isn't to beat or compete with those beautiful editions that came before, but to create something new with this collection as a whole. We'll see how everyone feels when the set is complete. Hopefully we succeed.

Brian
    Very well stated, Brian. I have to admit that previously I was not a big fan of these, I had the originals, but you make a good point in looking at these very well made "Anniversary editions". Sort of like the "LOTR" editions that I so love. Great stuff and keep up the great work!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Previous gift/limited editions notwithstanding, some of us simply can't afford them! Maybe some day, but in the meantime I'm looking forward to my first 'Salem's Lot gift edition from Cemetery Dance.

Country
    Country Flag

Brian

Jerome

Brian
    Thanks for the clarifications Brian. As for Carrie sales vs. Salem's for me it's a no brainer since Salem's is a better novel! :-)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely love CD's Doubleday Years edition of Carrie and will be posting some photos of my copy on this thread shortly, to show how awesome it is!

I for one am definitely looking forward to Salem's Lot as these books are going to be truly spectacular as a complete set!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Brian, thanks for providing this information. I wasn't aware of the licensing changes that Hodder had made, and it makes sense for Pete to have picked up on that. Sure, on the one hand it creates more pressure for collectors financially, at least for those of us who collect all states of King's work, but on the other hand, and to your point about the matching set of the early works as being a worthy endeavor, I agree with that. It will be really nice to have all 6 books, in as many states as one can afford. And so far I must say, the finished products I've seen have been great. Really looking forward to seeing what you do with The Stand.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

On the CD and PS Limited/Gift editions:
    While it can put pressure on collectors who are completists having so many new Stephen King limited editions, it's also nice for new collectors, the CD Gift Edition of 'Salem's Lot can be bought for $95, that's less than a third of the price of CP's edition at the moment. And while the text may be the same, or similar, the completely different art set is a great addition. And like Brian said, some editions may not be for everybody, but Carrie, for example, was in dire need of a limited edition, whether it be CDs or PS publishing edition. Which leads to the next point of why CDs Carrie sold much slower than 'Salem's Lot, PS had just announced their edition of Carrie shortly before and I imagine many customers weren't so interested in double dipping quite so soon.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Came in the mail today.

Old school shipping

From a Buick 8 proof and the graveyard book proof

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Shac! Congrats... And I like seeing packages with a ton of stamps like that. I get that from time to time... like you say, old school... way more character than a printed sticker...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Kris was great to deal with as well. I'm just glad it's all over and the book arrived in one piece!! Stupid Canada!!!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got in mail yesterday directly from PS Publishing! Beautiful Edward Miller variant of Thinner:
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

I've just received two items:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower S/L Vol. I - VII nos. 445

So excited to have received the set below. It is in even better condition that I had hoped. I think if the seller had shown pics of The Gunslinger dust jacket he could have received his BIN price. It's truly in beautiful condition as are each of the other dust jackets and books. Now, to track down the LSOE and WTTKH nos. 445. Nothing like a long term collecting quest. I'm kicking myself for not buying Supersam's Gunslinger Audio no. 445--that would have been a cool complimentary piece (if whoever purchased it wants to make a deal, please PM me).

Sorry for taking up so much space, but I had to share. Not many in Waco, Texas would appreciate it like everyone here.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 855 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 905 955 ... LastLast