Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1193 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 193 693 1093 1143 1183 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1203 1243 1293 ... LastLast
Results 29,801 to 29,825 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. I love the original art.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Not supernew but..... some time ago i visited Cixin Liu´s fantastic bookreading event.

Ticket + programm

He was so kind to sign. me all his German books.

Cixin Liu - Spiegel

Cixin Liu - Die Drei Sonnen

Cixin Liu- Der Dunkle Wald

Cixin Liu - Weltenzerstörer

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Really neat
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - how great to see him in person. Would love for him to come to the US again sometime. Congrats on the books. Remembrance is one of my favorite series in recent memory.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It took a bit more work to find a 1st edition (at a reasonable price) than I thought it would.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the cover of that edition of PS.

Looks like we'll be getting a new TPB of Cycle of the Werewolf on August 13th.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Is that new Pet Sematary HC already in later printings then? Can anyone confirm?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Is that new Pet Sematary HC already in later printings then? Can anyone confirm?
    I can confirm (after buying from Amazon and Barnes and Noble-only to receive 2nd printings) that there are later printings. As I said, 1st printings are hard to find at a reasonable price.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I can confirm (after buying from Amazon and Barnes and Noble-only to receive 2nd printings) that there are later printings. As I said, 1st printings are hard to find at a reasonable price.
    Seems to be the case with the newer HC of IT as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks for the confirmation. Won't go the amazon route, then. I see that VJ Books has them for $35, but- I'd like to spend less than that on it.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks for the confirmation. Won't go the amazon route, then. I see that VJ Books has them for $35, but- I'd like to spend less than that on it.
    Here is a copy. Not perfect but about $30 shipped.

Link
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post

Link

That's where I got my copy. Traded the DJ out from a 2nd I received (Fine DJ) and sent the 2nd back.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post

Link

That's where I got my copy. Traded the DJ out from a 2nd I received (Fine DJ) and sent the 2nd back.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It took a bit more work to find a 1st edition (at a reasonable price) than I thought it would.

I just got two of those...someone earlier said Amazon was selling 1st/1sts and I can confirm one I got from AMZN was perfect and indeed a 1st/1st

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

I just got two of those...someone earlier said Amazon was selling 1st/1sts and I can confirm one I got from AMZN was perfect and indeed a 1st/1st
    Uneducated collector question: how can a trade edition reprint be considered a first edition?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

New publisher. This is Scribners 1st
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    If it's not a first edition of the original publication or a limited edition what is the attraction, aside from a different dust jacket?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    If it's not a first edition of the original publication or a limited edition what is the attraction, aside from a different dust jacket?
    For me....it's the jackets:

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

And therein lies the great mystery of life.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ben - you have over a thousand posts on this forum, don't you know that we're all a little bit nuts around here?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a slippery slope and all our shoes have Crisco on the soles
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Same as with Ralph for me. The DJ was the draw.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

We're all SUCKERS!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I for one agree with Ben on this... I understand buying the exact same book two (or three, four, five, etc.) times whenever you find a slightly more pristine copy, to get it as close to perfect as possible. I can even understand collecting different versions of the same book (like, say, this edition of Pet Semetary, in addition to the US 1st/1st and the PS Anniversary Edition).

What I don’t get is collecting multiple copies of the exact same book. It’s even worse when the book is a limited edition. If someone is holding on to two or more copies of a limited edition book, that just means one or more collectors who might really want one are deprived of their chance of owning one.

Speaking for myself, I get rid of the previous copy of a book whenever I find a better version. For example, I upgraded my paperback copy of Eyes of the Dragon to a US 1st/1st not too long ago (thanks Biomieg!) but last week I bought a Philtrum Press S/L (thanks Frik!), so the hardback is out of the collection again.

However...

a) I know a lot of you do collect multiple copies of the same title. It is not my intention to open up a can of worms or cause offence. I’m only trying to understand a part of the collecting mindset that’s alien to me. To each their own.
    b) This might not be the right place for this discussion, if that’s what it turns into.
    c) If this has been discussed before on the forum, please point me in the right direction. I’d love to read people’s thoughts and personal collecting philosophies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1193 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 193 693 1093 1143 1183 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1203 1243 1293 ... LastLast