Thread: The Official End Thread

John F. Kennedy hisDudeness is on a distinguished road hisDudeness's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On another note. How did Roland even get the horn if it broke in book4

John F. Kennedy hisDudeness is on a distinguished road hisDudeness's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was no other way for it to end. End of discusion...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hisDudeness View Post
    There was no other way for it to end.
    I agree

End of discusion...
    I suspect not.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

There was no other way for it to end. End of discusion...
    That was a categorical opinion.

Roland would have understood.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

There was no other way for it to end.bEnd of discusion...
    I think the ambiguity of the ending [which I love by the way] shows there are many ways it could have/did end, and that makes discussion of the possibilities endless.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure that repairing the broken horn is certainly within Gan's power.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The only way for Roland to meet the man in black is to let Jake fall.
    Or did you all forget that.
    Plus Roland saves Jake mutiple times throughout the series.
    Kind of works like REDEMPTION.
    I haven't forgotten that, the question is was it more important to catch Walter or Jake?

Some seem to think that saving Jake may have been the real key to the Tower.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Wait, this looks like the discussion is continuing!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only way for Roland to meet the man in black is to let Jake fall.
    Or did you all forget that.
    We don't really know that. It's all Roland's conclusions from Walter's implications, and Walter can never be believed. Moreover, the next time everything may turn differently.

Agree with Matt's post above, too.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's weird

The ending was Kings and for that reason it was exactly as it should have been.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

:check:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Some seem to think that saving Jake may have been the real key to the Tower.
    <------Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    We don't really know that. It's all Roland's conclusions from Walter's implications, and Walter can never be believed. Moreover, the next time everything may turn differently.
    <--------- Twice bingo.

"It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The ending was Kings and for that reason it was exactly as it should have been.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

eek! wrong thread!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The end and the responsibility of the writer

Many of us are satisfied with the ending there are people who aren't and of course there are ones who can't stand it at all.

There was another thead where we talked about who the stries write themselves and we feel we have no power over them. Suddenly the characters start to live there own lives they make their own decisions and we are just a chanel they can get into our world.

We cannot decide if the ending is good or bad - that's way too relative - but do you think Sai King has any responsibility of the ending? Can anyone be angry with him?

I voted "Yes", because it is his series, so he has the responsibility for it of course.

I also voted yes. As much as Sai King did a beautiful job of suggesting that he doesn't write the stories, but that they flow through him, it's just a beautfiul metaphor. While he may feel inspired to the point feeling like he is just wrtiting down this vision he sees/hears, in the "real" world he is the one writing it, and ulitmate responsibility for the story is his. He's a writer, and criticism, fair or unfair, is his lot to deal with. Personally, I thank him big big for not only devising the stories he's given us over the years, but having the courage to put them out there for our consumption. There may be points here and there I like to debate or find "inconsistent" with others, but ultimately, I wouldn't change a thing [except maybe the end of Flagg, and even that I don't know how I'd have done it specifically]. Good question Letti!

It seems like a little bit of both..he had control of how the saga was constructed but the story did come to him in a certain way whether he liked it or not. Overall the responsibility of the end product was his.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't agree with you guys.
    I mean I think he has no responsibility for the ending. He couldn't decide what to write.
    He could decide only one thing - how to write it. No more.

Just my two cents, of course.

Country
    Country Flag

I am inclined to think the same. I always felt the nature of Sai King's talent was visionary. He sees - he writes; sometimes more than he understands. (That refers only to major things, of course, not all meat on the bones of a story)

Country
    Country Flag

I am inclined to think the same. I always felt the nature of Sai King's talent was visionary. He sees - he writes; sometimes more than he understands. (That refers only to major things, of course, not all meat on the bones of a story)
    "The same" - I am afraid to ask it but who did you mean there? *hopes*

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    He couldn't decide what to write.

It's a nice thought, and I know as a musician I have encountered the idea before that the artist is simply channeling some creative force beyond him/herself. Carlos Santana uses the metaphor that the music is water and the audience is the flowers with himself being the hose that brings the one to the other. It's a lovely metaphor, but ultimately I think that's all it is. I have had more than my share of creative ideas that seemed to just form themselves completely in my mind without any forethought, but at some point the artist makes a conscious choice to go with it and develop it. As wonderful as the story is, it's still fiction and though he may see his creative process differently than I see it, King is still the originator of the ideas within.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    It seems like a little bit of both..he had control of how the saga was constructed but the story did come to him in a certain way whether he liked it or not. Overall the responsibility of the end product was his.
    I agree Jean it was visionary, but I also feel that he has responsibility for how the story was written because it is King's story.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    He couldn't decide what to write.

It's a nice thought, and I know as a musician I have encountered the idea before that the artist is simply channeling some creative force beyond him/herself. Carlos Santana uses the metaphor that the music is water and the audience is the flowers with himself being the hose that brings the one to the other. It's a lovely metaphor, but ultimately I think that's all it is. I have had more than my share of creative ideas that seemed to just form themselves completely in my mind without any forethought, but at some point the artist makes a conscious choice to go with it and develop it. As wonderful as the story is, it's still fiction and though he may see his creative process differently than I see it, King is still the originator of the ideas within.
    I see. I don't know much about music I just listen to it so you can be write but...
    Altought I don't think I am a writer or anything similar but I love writing and for my part I can't decide about the ending. I can decide how I will put it into words but that's all.
    Sometimes I don't write about the topic I would like to write and when I look at the "short story" I wrote I can't believe my eyes. Really.

Country
    Country Flag

"The same" - I am afraid to ask it but who did you mean there? *hopes*
    you! you!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he does (and should) have full responsibility for it. Like a parent does their children.

It is molded and unleashed on the world but where it goes is up to it for the most part imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast