32 11.76%
  • 2 - not satisfied, although there are things I liked about the ending

25 9.19%
  • 1 - completely dissatisfied

8 2.94%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official End Thread

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah, if he gets there and does what he needs to do with Los', and then walks away. Hmmmm, don't know if he could do that. Also, isn't there always a chance that he could fail and Los' wins? I think there is...too many seem to think not on here. They think its guaranteed that he will win in every loop.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think those problems would go away if Roland cried off. They weren't after the Tower, they were after Roland who is his own "tower" imo
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Yeah, if he gets there and does what he needs to do with Los', and then walks away. Hmmmm, don't know if he could do that. Also, isn't there always a chance that he could fail and Los' wins? I think there is...too many seem to think not on here. They think its guaranteed that he will win in every loop.
    i think nothing is guaranteed. there but for Oy, mordred would have eaten Roland on this loop. i still don't even see why i should believe the loops are the same. all i believe for sure is Los will continue to try to rule the Tower or bring it down and Roland will keep trying to stop him.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think each loop is the same at all.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Yeah, I don't think each loop is the same at all.
    i think the general nature of the quest is the same [ie. stop Los from getting to the top of the Tower] but not necessarily the events from desert to Tower and not necessarily the people he meets/draws/kills.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Next time Roland will end up in a McDolands. We all know it.

Roland would have understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    and if he supersizes it, he has to do the loop again

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    and if he supersizes it, he has to do the loop again

Roland would have understood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Do we actually KNOW that the universe will collapse if the Tower is left unprotected? Not really.
    The other side of the coin : We also have no way of knowing that it won't.

But couldn't Roland just protect the beams and leave the Tower alone?
    with the CK hanging out there and Mordred on his way? not sure that'd been a great idea.
    My thoughts exactly.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still disagree with you odetta. I agree about Roland keeping his tet intact but he still needs to reach the tower, just with his tet intact. You say that he didnt learn this time around that things were more important than the tower, but i think he did i. Im sure that he dedicated reaching the tower to each member of his tet in turn before he enterd. I also belive that is why the tower gave him the horn this time around, thats why i belive things will be different.

You thoughs sai?
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Do we actually KNOW that the universe will collapse if the Tower is left unprotected? Not really.
    The other side of the coin : We also have no way of knowing that it won't.
    precisely. better to err on the side of caution and not find out when it's too late. "oops, the Tower fell. Rule discordia."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

(confetti)

here's one for you Ka-Tet [and others who think the whole gang has to be there with Roland to go into the Tower]... what then do you make of Suze's departure? did she leave bc she knew they ALL had to go in, or bc she knew only Roland could go in, or another reason altogether. if the lesson to be learned is all for one and one for all, then surely Roland and Suze would have been better than just Roland, right? so why did she leave and why did he allow her to leave?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-tet View Post
    I still disagree with you odetta. I agree about Roland keeping his tet intact but he still needs to reach the tower, just with his tet intact. You say that he didnt learn this time around that things were more important than the tower, but i think he did i. Im sure that he dedicated reaching the tower to each member of his tet in turn before he enterd. I also belive that is why the tower gave him the horn this time around, thats why i belive things will be different.

You thoughs sai?
    I posted my opinion on the horn on another thread somewhere around here. Hmmm... let me check...
    *digs around*

nope, can't find it at the moment. But it was something to the effect of...
    'you know when you finish the final boss on a video game and they give you some kind of stupid cheat like invincibility that is totally irrelevant because you've already beaten the game? That's the horn.'

i DON'T think Roland learned anything. AND even if he did, it will be irrelevant because once he starts the new loop he will forget everything from the previous loop. It all starts with Jake. If he doesn't let go of Jake, then maybe there's hope that he cares more for his tet than the Tower.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

He has the Horn of Eld at the end meaning he has progressed, meaning inside Roland HAS learned something. I think its slow, but he has taken the change from this loop with him and that is why he has the Horn. I think its also evidence that this loop he will have his whole ka-tet with him like it says he should at the end of the poem, and with the Horn of Eld the top of the Tower will open to him.

Thats if he survives to get inside it of course.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It all starts with Jake. If he doesn't let go of Jake, then maybe there's hope that he cares more for his tet than the Tower.

Yep, that's the deal right there. Maybe having the horn will mean that he at least gives a shit about something other than the Tower and that will mean he has the capacity to give more of a shit about Jake and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It all starts with Jake. If he doesn't let go of Jake, then maybe there's hope that he cares more for his tet than the Tower.

Yep, that's the deal right there. Maybe having the horn will mean that he at least gives a shit about something other than the Tower and that will mean he has the capacity to give more of a shit about Jake and so on.
    or maybe the loop will be completely different than the last and there won't be a Jake to consider dropping or not

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

He has the Horn of Eld at the end meaning he has progressed, meaning inside Roland HAS learned something. I think its slow, but he has taken the change from this loop with him and that is why he has the Horn. I think its also evidence that this loop he will have his whole ka-tet with him like it says he should at the end of the poem, and with the Horn of Eld the top of the Tower will open to him.
    how optimistic of you

I guess maybe I don't want a happy ending in this story. That could be why I see it the way I do.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

or maybe the loop will be completely different than the last and there won't be a Jake to consider dropping or not
    I was using what we know as an example. With or without Jake he will be tested somehow and he needs to pass that test.

I was using what we know as an example. With or without Jake he will be tested somehow and he needs to pass that test.
    i know what you mean.

how optimistic of you

I guess maybe I don't want a happy ending in this story. That could be why I see it the way I do.
    Why wouldn't you want a happy ending though?

how optimistic of you

Why wouldn't you want a happy ending though?
    good question. I've never been a fan of the typical 'happy ending', which is why I loved the ending of the series!
    I don't know that Roland deserves a happy ending, I guess.

good question. I've never been a fan of the typical 'happy ending', which is why I loved the ending of the series!
    I don't know that Roland deserves a happy ending, I guess.
    Well I doubt whenever it really ends it will be a perfectly "happy" one, but happier than having to try to get to the Tower again and possibly failing.

mayhaps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast