Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Excellent!

That means one Joe Hill Deluxe NOS4R2 on the way.
    They just HAD to repost that just ONE MORE TIME, didn't they.
    I was all accepting that I wouldn't be able to get one for cover price, and what do they do?
    They PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!

"Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    SubPress now have a Stephen King news item with links to buy Carrie/Christine/Salems/Thinner from PS, Salems from Cemetery Dance - and they seem to have found a few more of their own gift editions of The Shining

SK page: http://subterraneanpress.com/news/st...reorder_update
    $175 for Christine?!?

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

SubPress now have a Stephen King news item with links to buy Carrie/Christine/Salems/Thinner from PS, Salems from Cemetery Dance - and they seem to have found a few more of their own gift editions of The Shining

Thanks for the info!!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Excellent!

I was all accepting that I wouldn't be able to get one for cover price, and what do they do?

Hahaha! Congrats! We are following in each others footsteps in a way! I had been wanting the PS Pet Sematary and Carrie to complete the PS editions. David had sold the Pet one so I was able to get both from here.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Excellent!

Hahaha! Congrats! We are following in each others footsteps in a way! I had been wanting the PS Pet Sematary and Carrie to complete the PS editions. David had sold the Pet one so I was able to get both from here.
    Good job! They are great looking editions.

I was trying to figure out why I keep ordering more stuff when I have clearly drawn a line in the sand that says "enough for now".
    Then I realized the line was below the high tide mark and was getting erased every twelve hours!
    Doh!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Excellent!

Good job! They are great looking editions.

I was trying to figure out why I keep ordering more stuff when I have clearly drawn a line in the sand that says "enough for now".
    Then I realized the line was below the high tide mark and was getting erased every twelve hours!
    Doh!!
    THIS is my kind of thinking!

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting that, I already have the King books,but I did pick up a couple copies of Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. I love his writing.

~Mark

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I've been debating about a couple SP books Penric's Demon and Midnight Tides (which just became available again), but I am really not a fan of the art. Both happen to be relatively new artist Lauren Saint-Onge, and something about her style just doesn't sit well with me, at least not for fantasy. It looks too fake, like a video game or something, maybe a JRPG. A big part of what sells me on SP books is the art, and I think these are a bit of a let down.
    I really like the art I've seen but I don't collect those author's. I came close to ordering Penric's Demon until I realized it was part of a larger series.
    I haven't read her works yet myself, but it is a novella (I know it's part of a larger series, but I hope it can be read as a stand alone) and I like a shorter work to introduce myself to an author or series sometimes. And Sub Press. novellas are always exceptional.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

If I placed an order with Subterranean, would I receive an email from Stamps.com with a tracking number and the name William Schafer?

The timing is right, but being my first time with SP, I want to be sure as the email dosen't actually mention Subterranean by name.

Thanks!
    Yep, that would be Bill.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I've been debating about a couple SP books Penric's Demon and Midnight Tides (which just became available again), but I am really not a fan of the art. Both happen to be relatively new artist Lauren Saint-Onge, and something about her style just doesn't sit well with me, at least not for fantasy. It looks too fake, like a video game or something, maybe a JRPG. A big part of what sells me on SP books is the art, and I think these are a bit of a let down.
    I really like the art I've seen but I don't collect those author's. I came close to ordering Penric's Demon until I realized it was part of a larger series.
    I haven't read her works yet myself, but it is a novella (I know it's part of a larger series, but I hope it can be read as a stand alone) and I like a shorter work to introduce myself to an author or series sometimes. And Sub Press. novellas are always exceptional.
    That's a smart idea. Never thought to do that.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Would anyone have a copy of the Subterrnanean press edition of Ancillary Justice that they would be wiling to part with?

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

https://subterraneanpress.com/store/...arseer_trilogy

Wonder if they will be doing a slipcase for the set?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got a shipping notice this week but can't remember what I ordered. LOL. It seems too early for McCammon's Last Train which is the only one that comes to mind.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe Summer of Night

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received a shipping notice Aug 10th and can't remember what it's for either! I did not order Summer of Night.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Did you order This Census Taker by China Mieville. I got mine yesterday from SP.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Did you order This Census Taker by China Mieville. I got mine yesterday from SP.
    I did not. I just checked my email and now I'm thinking it's probably PS Publishing's edition of Salem's Lot. I think the only other thing I have on per-order from them is The Last Days of New Paris by China Mieville, and I don't think that's shipping yet.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

I got my 'SALEM'S LOT from them on Friday, so it's a good bet.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Grab Bags are available:

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...etail/grab_bag

As with the last CD offering, I love the thought and idea of Grab Bags too much to keep my resolution to not to anymore. This one has a new Lansdale, and phrases like "Most of the titles we're using have never before been offered in a Grab Bag" and "In addition, we're clearing our inventory shelves of many one- and two-of-a-kind items, so there's no telling what sort of rarity you might find in your grab bag" are pretty much book crack. So.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm waffling back and forth on this one. I usually stay away from grab bags, and rarely regret it.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No more grab bags for me (unless it is a Stephen King specific grab bag). I took six copies of Pork Pie Hat to Half-Price Books already.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    No more grab bags for me (unless it is a Stephen King specific grab bag). I took six copies of Pork Pie Hat to Half-Price Books already.
    Lol. I only have four. I also stopped because I was spending too much money on books I never read by authors I don't collect.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Lol. I only have four. I also stopped because I was spending too much money on books I never read by authors I don't collect.
    Pork Pie Hat is actually a very good story. Of course no one needs multiple copies but it is a pretty good read.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My mystery book turned out to be Salem's Lot. Didn't even realize I had ordered ithe PS version from Sub Press.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Received Sub Press limited edition Summer Of Night today. Overall a nice presentation although they missed an opportunity to make it the definitive edition by not including Banished Dreams and Watching The Presidential Debates In Elm Haven as bonus material.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast