Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread or not but it looks as if Sub Press still has gift editions of The Shining available for $95. It looks like the restrictions as to who could and couldn't order have been removed.
    Thanks for the reminder. I had thought about buying the gift as I already have the S/L, but was wavering. Now I have two on the way. No self-control.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Link to the S/L of Rise of Endymion page is now up HERE!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Is there a place you can see all the Dan Simmonds S/L's?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Not to my knowledge unfortunately. I know the early ones came from Dark Harvest (Carrion Comfort, Prayers to Broken Stones, etc.) all they way to the latest Subterranean Press ones. Only a few were never issued in Limiteds (Fires of Eden, Darwin's Blade, The Abominable, Summer of Night(!))

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, Dark Harvest!

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Some were done by Lord John Press

Not to my knowledge unfortunately. I know the early ones came from Dark Harvest (Carrion Comfort, Prayers to Broken Stones, etc.) all they way to the latest Subterranean Press ones. Only a few were never issued in Limiteds (Fires of Eden, Darwin's Blade, The Abominable, Summer of Night(!))

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Some were done by Lord John Press

True, heck he even had a couple of Easton Press leather-bound limiteds!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

For SF readers:

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/an...mes_s.a._corey

From Publisher's Weekly:

"Corey (the shared pseudonym of Ty Franck and Hugo-nominated fantasist Daniel Abraham) kicks off a sprawling space opera series with this riveting interplanetary thriller. Relations among Earth, Mars, and the unincorporated "Belter" settlements of the asteroid belt and outer planets are rarely more than cordial. When ice hauler Jim Holden investigates an emergency beacon on a derelict Belter ship, he finds—and broadcasts—evidence that it was attacked by Mars forces. Burnt-out Ceres Station detective Joe Miller is puzzled by a drop in organized crime violence and an oddly compelling case involving a missing Earth heiress and a cutting-edge biochemistry company, Protogen. As interplanetary civil war heats up, egged on by the aggressive IRA-like Outer Planets Alliance, Holden and Miller fight and think their way through a sticky web of politics, corporate secrets, and a possible alien invasion. The strong characterization and excellent world-building will have readers jonesing for the planned sequels."

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain Signed/Lettered "B" for Bradbury broadside. Terrific piece with a fun sketch by Joe! Great service from SubPress.

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Bought my first SubPress title of the year: HELL'S BOUNTY by the Brothers Lansdale. A short announcement yesterday that it will ship OP on publication and based on the blurb and the PW reviews, it looks like a good one.

Hopefully we'll see a sale from them soon....

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck!

I just took my s/l shining out of my book case to take a photo for someone, and hadn't realised my slipcased gunslinger was pushed up next to it on the shelf. This is the damage the slipcase has done being pushed together over a long time:

I've just emailed SP to see if they have any replacements, but this is a warning to you all if you have one, to make sure nothing is touching it on your shelf!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh how horrible. I hope you find a replacement without too much effort and cost. That's a good lesson too, I'l recheck my shelves in the morning to make sure they aren't overly tight.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ouch - that hurts!

sk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Fuck!

I just took my s/l shining out of my book case to take a photo for someone, and hadn't realised my slipcased gunslinger was pushed up next to it on the shelf. This is the damage the slipcase has done being pushed together over a long time:

I've just emailed SP to see if they have any replacements, but this is a warning to you all if you have one, to make sure nothing is touching it on your shelf!
    WE JOKED ABOUT BLUE INFECTION ON OUR BOOKS.... SEE PREVIOIUS THREADS..... tHIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.....

for some reason, I had CHRISTINE S/L sitting next the SHINING. CHRISTINE IS NOW STUCK ON THE SHINING!!!!!!!!!! HEED JIMIMCKs warning!!!! MY SLIPCASE IS RUINED ITS LIKE PLASTIc wrap stuck to my other book!!!! Totally cheap material!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh No Way! Given the $$ cost of these things, this is ridiculous - this edition has been fraught with problems. All the best in sorting this out guys. It's not even possible to cover it in anything to protect the other books, because it's likely whatever covering goes on it will just stick to it too? I'm away on holidays and now all I can think of is my S/L Shining sitting high on a shelf at my home during an Aussie summer. First thing I'm going to do when I get home is check. Again, best of luck sorting this.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just had a panic reading this. My SP Shining is between IT and the bright white tray case of Doctor Sleep. Phew! They're okay as not too tightly packed. I have now separated them a bit further with an exclusion zone around the The Shining. Sad we have to do that!

Sorry, James and Glenn for your problems. That sucks!!!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG that's terrible. I just went and checked mine and looks like I kept it loosely in the plastic bag it came in fearing the blue might transfer to another book. It's not stuck to the bag at all.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Crazy James! I didn't have to check my copy because I don't own one! Good to know though for whenever I finally get a copy. Hope you can sort it out.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had to check mine too. It was a bit tightly packed but no damage - removed a book from shelf, spaced it out a little and placed the shining chapbooks on either side as a buffer - hopefully that will appease the shining. That texture on the traycase is just an odd material.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    OMG that's terrible. I just went and checked mine and looks like I kept it loosely in the plastic bag it came in fearing the blue might transfer to another book. It's not stuck to the bag at all.
    I do the same thing with the plastic bag and no damage whatsoever.

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just checked mine also. Quite tightly placed between SL's of Black House & Prime Evil but thankfully it's OK (and now moved).

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill has been in touch and is going to look if there are any replacements when he gets a a chance. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the comments team. This is the one place that understands these types of worries.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It wouldn't be a bad idea for him to email everyone who purchased a copy and let them know of the potential problem.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is totally unacceptable for such an expensive book! No one should have to "separate' other books on their shelf from this edition - that whole concept is fucking ridiculous!

You have my deepest sympathy, James! The damage to your copy is truly obscene and you must be very upset! I hope this is rectified for you, my friend!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All my "special" books are hidden in a bug-resistant bag because I live in hell where the roaches grow huge, have wings, and ruin books. As a result, all my books are piled on top each other in said big bag. ANYWAY, mine is thankfully okay. But if Bill doesn't have any, I think I still have an extra traycase, although it has some blue transfer inside. I'd be glad to help a brother out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast