Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would If I Could

Sunset Alex is on a distinguished road Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Would If I Could

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat" -Theodore Roosevelt

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Books that I would love to have and read but don't and cannot afford

It --I have borrowed this book and have to return soon
    INsomnia--I borrowed this one as well
    Desperation
    The Regulators
    Black House
    Cycle of the werewolves

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me it is just The Stand. The only version that is in my local bookstore is a hardcover for like 30 bucks so I cant buy it. (I am too young for a job, so I cant go spending that much on a book. I also can't find it at the library. And I have a friend who owns it but wont let me read it and then return it. I think that is because he knows how much I want it and he thinks I will keep it.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i know how you feel there. I have to find my copy of the stand. When I find it I will let you read it no problem

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Milissa,

I have duplicates of two of those books on your list.
    I could send one to you if you like PM me your address
    and it is yours!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Alinda, I could just hug your neck. thanks a million

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I sometimes buy books by the box load @ yard sales etc...
    And have more than 1 copy of BH and Regulators or Desperation
    I cant remember....do you have a preference?

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

any or all will work for me. It is up to you which one you send. I am just gratefull

My Mood
    In Love

Okay I'll send both, and then you'll have 2 books to read!

The answer is within

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

there was this one book i started reading in third grade. i got halfway through it, and then it vanished. i still want to finish it, see how it ends

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    i know how you feel there. I have to find my copy of the stand. When I find it I will let you read it no problem
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to read The Probability Broach, and the rest of that series. I could order it online, but I'd much rather just check it out at the library... unfortunately none of the libraries around here have it.
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an extra Hardcover copy of The Stand Uncut (no dust jacket) that I got at a garage sale of $1. First person to pm me can have it for free.

EDIT: Razz was first.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

that was a very nice thing to do marelyn, congradulations razz

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

thanks, maerlyn

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Revised Gunslinger

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There is no such book, Jean. Don't believe the wicked lies. The story is meant to be read as you read it.

Spoiler:
    I think I have a copy you can have. Let's see if the mail experiment works first though.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    yes, yes, soon!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I've never read
    children of the corn
    or
    the shining.
    I know, shocking, but I plan on rectifying it eventually.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have all the books I really want to read... but I can't find or afford pretty much all of the comics I want.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

My list is pretty long.
    Just glancing at my bookshelf I've got:
    The House Next Door
    The Exorcist
    Rebecca
    Snuff

and for King stuff:
    The Dead Zone
    Misery
    Dolores Claiborn
    Danse Macabre
    Rage, and Roadwork
    Apt Pupil

I've also got many others but these would be the ones on the top of my list. I just have to find the time to read them. I also tend to go crazy buying books when I already have so many to read, that they just keep piling up.

Some other ones that I want to read, but have yet to get would be:
    The Terror by Dan Simmons
    The Twilight series
    Invsible Monsters, Choke, Stranger than Fiction by Chuck P.
    Water for Elephants
    I Am Legend
    The Road

I could just keep going on and on.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Last week I found Rage, The Long Walk, Roadwork and The Running Man in one volume at Value Village for $1.99! Haven't read it yet but I consider it a good find!
    Alex, I'm reading the Bachman Books right now. I fucking love them. Rage was awesome and I'm half way through The Long Walk which is absolutely terrifying. I'm surprised that I'm enjoying them so much, both are phenomenal and will rank among King's best for me.

I wanted to read The Long Walk so I could post in The Long Walk thread and know what I was talking about!

I have to finish Skeleton Crew first.
    Fuck Skeleton Crew.

I'm trying to read everything with a DT connection.
    It's going to take me a while!
    I didn't care for Skeleton Crew. Why not take a break and read something phenomenal? Its like you're settling for skittles when a steak dinner just came in off the grill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast