Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Dark Tower Relatives ...

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

I felt absolutely the opposite.
    When I first met Roland he was a killing-machine and as the story was going on I could meet and got to love Roland's human side.
    I agree, wholeheartedly. I do think the Roland of the original Gunslinger was a simpler character, but friendly? I never really saw him as friendly. Cold, calculating heartless bastard, maybe...

Donna

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    only if shardik promises not to chase me up a tree whilst trying to eat me for dinner. can shardik promise that?
    as a close relative, I have to warn you that shardiks never make promises they don't intend to keep.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    only if shardik promises not to chase me up a tree whilst trying to eat me for dinner. can shardik promise that?
    as a close relative, I have to warn you that shardiks never make promises they don't intend to keep.
    yeah, see. that's pretty much what i thought.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rider_of_Discordia is on a distinguished road Rider_of_Discordia's Avatar

**Spoilers**

Yeah, that Roland! lol ... if you compare how he interacts with the boys as he just enters Tull ... revised version compared to original version, he is much more chatty and friendly (or so it felt to me).

The Tull mob got it (aside from those final few who were running away) because Roland had no choice. They were attacking him. Had he not pulled ittsy and bitsy and got ta shootin', they would have minced him up for the church barb-be-que! The last few Tull villagers (the running away ones) were a victim of a Gunslinger with his "blood up" .. in the killing frenzy, if you like. So not being neighbourly like.

Hey, Syliva Pittston, I re-read that recently and was trying to figure out what was going on there. Its unclear in both original and revised texts. He certainly pops the gun between her thighs, but he doesn't let her touch him with her "secret flesh" ... (?) and is working something on her with some mojo to take the demon spirit out of her. It was a scene that could really have done a touch of clarification. Again, as with the cull in Tull, I see Roland just doing his civic duty here. Do you leave the mad evangelical demon possessed harpie bitch queen to carry on whipping up the township into dangerous stranger killing fury, or do you have a quiet word with the help of Mr Magical Gun, and try to calm the lady down.
    Roland could have shot her after he got the information, I know I would have been tempted to if she went all Jerry Springer Guest on me!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Rider_of_Discordia, believe me I do love Roland but in Gunslinger (revised or original) he was everything but friendly.
    My two cents.

Roland would have understood.

RoD - "jerry springer guest" -- that is fucking hilarious!

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

There are two things that, I suppose, people expect from a father...lessons and love. I could pick Roland or Cort but I think they'd only be able to fulfill that first role. If I want a father that will make me feel loved...Alain or Jake but I think they'd be to soft. My impression, even with as little as we know of him, is that Stephen Deschain would do best at fulfilling both roles...so I suppose there it is. Stephen Deschain. But I'm not speaking from experience. My father was a lot like Jake's.

Rosa as my mother. She, I think, would fulfill the traditional role well but I also think she'd be fun to have as a mother. She seemed relaxed and able to have a good time.

Eddie or Cuthbert...close cousin but not a brother. I don't think I'd ever sleep with either of those two clowns lurking in my house.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland as my father, because i think he'd make a great dad. Susannah as my older sister, and Eddie her boyfriend that's really cool. Jake would be my younger brother. Oy would be the family pet. Also, if letti was married to Roland, Letti would be my Mum, which isn't that bad I'd want Callahan to be my crazy uncle, that's always funny at weddings and family get togethers.

Oh, and Greta Shaw as my comforting Auntie
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Roland as my father, because i think he'd make a great dad. Susannah as my older sister, and Eddie her boyfriend that's really cool. Jake would be my younger brother. Oy would be the family pet. Also, if letti was married to Roland, Letti would be my Mum, which isn't that bad I'd want Callahan to be my crazy uncle, that's always funny at weddings and family get togethers.

Oh, and Greta Shaw as my comforting Auntie
    yeah, you're gonna need greta to keep roland from dropping you my friend.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Ted as my grandfather, Roland as my father, Cuthbert as my brother, Olive Thorin as my grandmother.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Also, if letti was married to Roland, Letti would be my Mum, which isn't that bad
    Daaarling!

Roland would have understood.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    great thread!!!

ok.... i'd want Jake as a son, Oy as a pet, Susannah as a best friend, Eddie would be a much better BIG brother i think.. i'm not sure i'd want to be related to Roland as he wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice me for his tower. i agree that Moses Carver would make a kickass grandfather, but i think Aaron Deepeneau would too...Rosalita would be a good mom i think..
    I totally agree--Eddie Dean as a BIG brother would rock my socks! Eddie really is the character I feel the closest to for some reason, so I imagine we'd have a lot of fun growing up together.

I think Aaron Deepeneau would make a cool grampa, too, or an older uncle. He'd be a really great older man to have around to wax philosophic or just pass the breeze.

I'd say I want Jake as a son or little brother, but I don't know. Maybe a nephew I could hang out with whenever I wanted. And Oy would definitely have to be my pet.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I forgot Callahan! I suppose I'd want him as an uncle, too. Uncle Callahan and Uncle Aaron!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2