Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime and Crunishment

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Prime and Crunishment

This will be a place for short stories, ramblings, poems, new EP/LP information, bloggage of sorts, and the like. All from me.

Untitled Story #?

It was 5.00 when Thomas walked into the diner along Highway 91. He was unaware of anything out of the ordinary when he entered the place, cognisant only of the scent of frying meat and the sounds of forks clattering against plates. 'A symphony of found sounds' is how it might have been described by a critic. But Thomas wasn't a critic, nor was he fond of the sounds or scents coming from the dining area. Sitting down on a bar stool that might have been as old as he was, if not older, he quickly told the waitress, 'Cuppa coffee and two eggs, over easy.' Hardly dinner fare she thought, but acknowledged him with a nod and a pleasant, 'Bring it to ya right away!'

The food cooked slower than molasses in Fargo during a winter storm, but it wasn't a problem. Time was irrelevant to him. Taking his coat off, Thomas revealed his face to the other patrons for the first time. Eyes the colour of the sky on a cloudy day, hair a deep brown, and a light haze of a beard that might have resembled freshly razed grass when put into scale. Everything was normal about him, save for the scar of stitches that ran from his left temple to the back of his head. They all looked pretty new to boot--and they were.

After what felt like a small eternity his dinner of breakfast items arrived. The eggs had a texture akin to old tyres and the coffee was less water and more grounds. Nothing salt and cream wouldn't fix in other words. By then the place had emptied considerably, leaving only Thomas, the staff, and an old woman eating a donut greedily and sucking down endless cups of milk. As he sat there drinking his cream/coffee grounds creation and eating his egg-replica meal, the memories returned.

Three days ago he had fought with his girlfriend (what was her name? Lillian? That seemed right), and he had left her crying on the bathroom floor with a bloodied nose and a black eye. Twenty miles away he had left a pool table with a nasty scratch and a man with a few less teeth. And thirty more miles away he had left with that wound and a man's life taken. How it happened was unclear. All he knew was something got out of hand, and that a dark alley could lead to bad choices. Was it simple chance that a pipe had been there, or was it some person who knew his nature? Was it the man's fault, or his? Where had it been? Had the police found the body? And why did that woman in the diner look familiar? More questions that he needed now, and fewer answers than he could tolerate.

As he choked down the last of his milk/coffee grounds/sugar concoction, the memories flooded him. A torrent of things past came to him faster than he could bear. He suddenly remembered Lillian's argument about his friends, about the man provoking him--a piss-drunk activist--and how the man in the alley died. He remembered how the man had surprised him, and WHY he had that pipe...
    . . .
    As the torrent of images came to him--a demented set of flickering images--he realised his errors. Breaking up with Lillian was the deepest cut. He had been with her for over 3 years now, close to proposing, and deeply in love. But all over a minor spat over bills (of all things) he had left her beaten, broken, and bruised. The mental reel changed. The location: A pool bar. A man with crooked teeth, eyes too close together, and a slightly bent nose, piss drunk and smelling of old tobacco, had picked a fight with Thomas. His recent break-up had not helped the situation. One pool cue and 3 billiard balls later the man had some major dental bills and splinters lodged into his skull. Thank God the police were not around--Thomas could escape easily. And so he did, running for his life. He heard sirens, the Doppler effect making them a hideous chorus. Ducking into an alley, he hit his head on a pipe--lightly, but enough to give him a helluva headache. He grabbed it in frustration, and heard footsteps. Without thinking, he swung the pipe and turned simultaneously. A man of about 27 was on the ground in a slump with a broken nose, bleeding profusely and breathing shallowly. Thomas tried everything he could to revive him (his name was Robert, or so said his ID). It was all for naught. Robert died within 10 minutes. The police report would later say of blood loss and several skull fractures. Repeating his bar stunt, Thomas ran more.

Four hours later, he hobbled to an Enterprise and rented a cheap car. That was when he found the diner.

The moment he walked out of the Enterprise, ready to drive to a Burger King he saw the diner. Plasticised magic, 24 hours a day, roadside diner--straight out of the 1950s. Walking in, he found himself in a haven. And that was when his slideshow ended.
    . . .
    Snapping back to reality, Thomas put down $20, left his seat hastily, jumped into the seat of the small Honda and turned on the ignition. Driving on the freeway, he wondered if it was too late to apologise to Lillian. He knew it was, but the small glimmer of hope left was gleaming brightly. As he sat there, foot on the gas, alone on the road, radio playing Stairway To Heaven, windows down, he came to a simple conclusion: He was a dead man. If he returned, the cops get called and he gets his ass put in gaol. If he returned to the bar or (God forbid) the crime scene, his ass gets placed into a cell for even longer--maybe life. But that didn't matter. He was too smart to do that type of stunt, and too smart to kill himself. He would go out of state, change his name legally, and start a new life.

It was 2.30AM, a Wednesday morning, coming to the border of Kentucky. He was a long way from home, and, after several days of marathon driving and living off of dollar burgers and Pepsi, had a case of stomach cramps worse than anything. There it was--his salvation. A cheap motel called The Maroon Lady, rent was $15/night. He knew with enough talking he could get some sort of deal worked out. The car came silently into the only space in the lot, and Thomas found the sound of his shoes hitting the asphalt to be sweeter than any Beethoven or Mozart symphony, more grandiose than any Wagner opera. That was the last time he would ever be happy.

'We have news of a man on the run, suspected of battery, assault, and possible murder,' the TV blared from inside the front office/check in area/lobby. Thomas knew it was America's Most Wanted, that Lillian had obviously reported him, and that his picture would be plastered in every post office, scanned across every TV screen, and imprinted on the mind of everybody. Nonchalantly he walked in--don't make a big deal of things was his adjustable slogan. But it WAS a big deal.
    'You-you-you-you-you're that Thomas guy! I JUST saw you on AMW!!!' the clerk screamed. Picking up the phone and pressing 9-1-1 would take 5 seconds. Just long enough for Thomas to get to the car and drive off.
    Running to the car, the Convict (as he called himself now, sarcastically) jumped into the Honda and got it running. Just as he was about to get into the next town, a small squadron of cars with blue flashing lights surrounded him. He gave up instantly.
    . . .
    Good won out once again.
    Lillian got the news three hours later that Thomas had been caught. Her only words were, 'Serves that asshole right.'
    The bar received news an hour after that, and received praise 2 days later for providing witnesses to the attack.
    The family of the man who was killed received a letter from Thomas explaining it all. That was discarded in the rubbish bin after being torn up.
    Thomas received 30 years in prison--no more, no less. His last words were, 'This is not happening. This isn't real.....this can't be happening.'
    He was found three weeks later dead in his cell. Thomas Clark Porter had hung himself using his bed sheets at 3.00AM on October 26.

He was not too smart to kill himself.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Country
    Country Flag

Most All Can Be Something
    You say that nothing is nothing,
    That something is all.
    You can't see that when a bird sings
    That that something is more than a call.

Most all can be something,
    A water jug blurp, a lightbulb flick'r,
    The old news ticker.
    Everything is art.

Everything is something,
    Nothing the old thing,
    Something is nothing.

While music gets boring and makes people sicker,
    The bullshit we tread is getting thicker.
    Beer cans dropped by a drunkard with his likker
    Can all be art.

You gotta see what is real,
    What is fake,
    What is GLORP.

Most ALL can be anything
    In the right hands.
    - - -[Cut along dotted line]
    Incandescent
    Incandescent is the light that shines through the window.
    Incandescent is the light that's harsh and blinding.
    Incandescent is the light that is close to a burnout.
    Incandescent is the light that shows my way.

Shinin' on like a ray of light,
    That harsh light bulb is a welcome sight
    From the dakrness of the country and the dead of night.

Flourescent are the bulbs in the restroom here.
    Flourescent are the bulbs that fool the eye.
    Flourescent are the bulbs that create my beams.

Burning bright like a hi-beam on the 5,
    Follow the light to stay alive.
    Keep on goin' on that long drive.

All I see is Incandescent.
    - - -[Cut here]
    Weapon
    I'm the weapon guarded by the mind,
    I'm the WIT, the acerbic togue,
    I'm the HUMOUR all have lost.

The lost children locked away by tests,
    They all got nothing with all that stress.
    While school makes sure they stay under duress
    ONE slips through the cracks and uses me for the best.

Gotta keep on the run from the gun called
    SERIOUSNESS.
    Gotta look out for the suits and run with the loons.
    Gotta follow me if you wanna see why I'm the right one.

People treat me like I'm nothing but a weed.
    Let comics do the thinking and let FOX tell 'em what to believe.
    Nobody cares anymore, would rather watch 'em bleed.

I'm the weapon guarded by the skull,
    I'm the BRAIN which is no longer in use.
    Blindly led by the media and pop culture
    ______________________rot_______*
    I can still think, but am clouded by bias.

Those select few who can still use me
    Who don't abuse me
    Realise what they see
    Is a load of lies.

Talking heads on the TV make me useless.
    WHO NEEDS TO THINK?

Anything can be a weapon.
    As long as you hold it right.

[*If recited or sung, the word 'rot' is said simultaneously with 'pop']
    - - - -[Snippity snip snip]
    On Ignorance
    Everybody's mind is stuck on Ignorance:
    A mode which is devious and makes them oblivious.
    What they think is funny, right, and wrong
    Is so goddamn swayed that before long
    They are victims of the status quo.

Almost all are stuck with a case of bad taste.
    Eat yer force-fed music and 'art'
    That shit don't come from th' heart.
    It's produced by a Machine.
    If you look at the bleak landscape, you know what I mean.

Nobody is right on track, on cue.
    Dontcha know that liberation is what you gotta do.
    You gotta run away from that crap that is being pumped out today.
    Gotta be your own person, and stray
    From the igornat ones on the street.
    You know them--they're everyone you meet.

Everybody's stuck in the Gray,
    Don't know how to think or what they oughta say.
    Everybody thinks they're in the pink.
    Don't realise their maudlin ways are making this world stink.
    - - - -[Trim, frame, and repeat twice daily]
    Rinse & Repeat*
    Rinse, repeat
    Rinse, repeat
    Rinse, repeat
    Rinse, repeat
    Rinse, repeat
    Rinse, repeat
    [*This is meant to be a single line looped and phased a la It's Gonna Rain]
    - - - -[Lather]

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you for posting it! I read it a very long time ago, and always remembered this one:

The eggs had a texture akin to old tyres and the coffee was less water and more grounds. Nothing salt and cream wouldn't fix in other words.
    (more later)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    Something for Something
    As we go about in our daily lives
    Coping with stress and strain
    Stopping to sift through the good is hard with all the lies
    Being propagated and drilled into our brains.

Do we want something?
    We all want something!
    Can we get it for nothing?
    Nothing for nothing!
    Something for something
    Nothing for nothing
    Something for nothing is a nice idea.

I understand how mixed
    The messages may seem
    But all here sitting betwixt
    The words one may glean
    That something is attempting to be conveyed.

Do you want something for nothing?
    We all want something!
    Can you get nothing for something?
    You will get nothing!
    Something for nothing.
    Nothing worth noting.
    Nothing for something.
    Something worth saying.
    - - - -
    - - - -
    Smoky Cumin?
    Ray gets it all wrong.
    Cumin ain't smoky, long pork ain't long.
    'Tard fucks it all up,
    Will kill your dog with food that's wrong.
    Has a billion shows
    All are boring or schadenfreude-tastic
    Yet her Jokeresque smile
    Is creepier in wax and plastic.
    EVOO--what the hell is that?
    And it's a spatula not a spoonula.
    We are adults here, not two and a half.
    So sod off and take everything with ya.
    - - - -
    Chemical Reactor Squeal
    Why do the cities stop?
    Before ten oh clock.
    After four Ay Em.
    Things grind to a halt. Er. Top.
    Things slow to a stop. per. Plug.
    Cars are countable on your hands.
    People are an endagered species.
    You can smell the fog, taste the smog.
    The chemical reactor's squeal will
    Pierce your ears.
    The chemical reactor squeal comes
    At ten oh one. Ten oh one and one second.
    Ten oh one. Ten oh god.
    The steel mill smell comes through you,
    Enters your lungs like a noxious smoke
    The smoke it is. Comes from the
    Kem-ih-kall re-ak-tor.
    Why does the city stay dead before ten Ay Em?
    When does it die?
    - - - -
    Twelve Captions for Unmade Paintings
    Like A Choir Singing Hosannas in the Sahara
    As Robert trudged with heavy heart and empty pockets through the desert, the vision of water and food appeared.

Akin To A Sinister Rhubarb
    Perilous shopping at the Whole Foods left Alexis hungry and willing to kill.

Talking To A Honey Bear
    Rachael realised what a loser and waste of life she was during her talk show.

Four four four FOUR
    Sixteen objects slowly morphed into one another during a midnight party celebrating the fall of the Communist empire.

Bottles and Cans and Bottles
    A homeless man has an epiphany while digging through a rubbage bin in Santa Monica for aluminium cans.

Halfway isn't close enough to the end
    A large man and a rail-thin woman marry and have a child who is in between them in terms of looks, size, and smarts. They soon realise how awful this will be and divorce.

One Lie and 1000 Defences
    A criminal prepares a meal of gnocchi and red wine for his lawyer.

Scene Eight
    The benefits of using the number 8 as a number, infinity symbol, and handcuffs.

Nut Allergies lead to greater things
    As a man in his 20's chokes due to a peanut allergy, he thinks of how much money he can get out of pity for his allergies.

There is no caption 10
    4'33"

Seed Your Foal
    Chia pets, the immortal soul, and a businesswoman fight over an avocado.

Endings are a Way of Starting Something over
    An elderly man decides to live as if he were a popular 16 year old in today's society.

The captions and descriptions can be used for any one of three things.
    1. To create a series of paintings, drawings, collages, or digital artworks based off of what you think each one means. As long as it carries the caption and uses the description as a base, it's safe.
    2. To create a series of 12 short films based off of the descriptions.
    3. To create a continuous suite of 12 pieces of music that convey the captions and descriptions.

©2007, Matthew Olmos, Migraineur Music & Art
    - - - -
    Last edited by Frunobulax; 10-29-2007 at 11:52 AM.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story Fruno. It made me kind of think of this mystery story I read once and I really enjoyed it.

The imagery is something that seemed to jump out at me and once it grabs you, it will pull you in.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

Ah, great stuff from the man himself.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Great story Fruno. It made me kind of think of this mystery story I read once and I really enjoyed it.

The imagery is something that seemed to jump out at me and once it grabs you, it will pull you in.
    I felt the same way. You know how to make the reader be there.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, everyone.
    I always hesitate about posting new material or dredging up older stuff mainly because my writing is always a self-conscious thing for me. But as long as you guys like it, I'll keep posting it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We do, very much.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

W00tness indeed, Matt. Look for more tonight then!

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    Two Concept Pieces
    The following are summaries for actual pieces to be performed by an artist.

1. SCRIBE [For one performer in a crowded room]
    Sit & write (on paper or Post-Its) random bits of dialogue you hear. Post on a bulletin board next to you. Point & laugh. Repeat.
    Objects Needed: (1) Grand piano, lid removed (1) Sand bag placed on the sustain pedal as to keep it depressed (3) microphones--one for ambiance, one below the piano, and a PZM above the strings [For recording ONLY, not live performance] Assorted plectrums (plastic plecs, metal plecs, car keys, press-on nails, pen caps)

Performing the Thing: The performer(s) stand over the open piano on the side with their chosen plectrum (the rest will be in a small bin on a stool next to the piano). One performer sets the sandbag on the sustain pedal as silently as possible. All performers then work together to craft a song by plucking the string directly with their plectrums or fingers/nails. At no point is a key on the piano to be depressed! ONLY the strings in their full length may be used. Eventually all performers slowly rit. to a single note or open chord, then place their plectrums in the bin, remove the sand bag as NOISILY as possible and replace the piano lid as SILENTLY as possible.

ETC.: Total time of piece--4' to 25'. The song should start focused on low and high strings, then add in mid-range, switch to high and mid, converge to mid only, then split into all three ranges at once. Performers are encouraged to switch places often.

On Recording: ALL PERFORMANCES ARE TO BE RECORDED IN SOME WAY! This means via video or digital/analog source. A CD is ideal, especially one from an analog source (IE tape, not ProTools), but digital is okay. DVDs/movies should have soundboard feeds from the mic set up (5 mics used) mixed in. Since every performance is different from the next, all possible combinations must be recorded.

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    Some random poetry shit.

#x
    I sit and wander in this confined space,
    Suffering from depression and death anxiety.
    All that greets me in the morning is a harsh alarm
    Red lights
    Grey weather
    and Cold.
    If it's not Friday or a weekend, the scent of
    Stale grounds and
    The moan of the snobbish rich
    Greet me, mixed with the cheers of coworkers who
    Are friends.
    Why am I lonely??
    Then it clears up on those great days.
    Grey days.
    Grey dais.
    Come my way,
    Leave my way,
    Let me stay.
    - - - -

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    Projects for the Unfinishing
    Crop circles meld into flesh
    When you deny my protestations
    And denial rages forth.
    A clicking slice of your tongue
    Sets off feelings within my subconscious mind.
    A dark matter emits from your pores
    And envelopes my eyes,
    Fumes in my mouth
    And fills my teeth.
    Forth we move and wards we back.
    And you attend night school classes at dusk,
    We learn to be lawyers but strive to be friends.
    What you learn does not reciprocate into
    Life lessons are learned the hard way
    With us as captains to some doomed
    Ship wrecks line the harbour.
    And all we do is talk and spit.
    - - - -

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    Chalazion
    My eyes are swollen shut
    And bleeding tears.
    They puff up
    And smoke irritates it worse.
    My ears ring and ring.
    And cottonmouth makes it worse.
    Drinking does nothing and
    My curse continues.
    My eyes tear blood.
    - - - -

#x = Good stuff. I have that exact same feeling right now. Poignant, almost.

"Projects for the Unfinishing" = The best of the three. Solid, dude.

"Chalazion" = That's the reaction I get when I listen to Michael Bolton. Good way to capture it. Excellent work as always, Fruno.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, man.
    #x is based on my first month and last month in Seattle. It also reflects on my moods of the past three months.
    Projects was the hardest to write because it's even more personal than others. Glad you liked that one so much.
    And Chalazion--you got the message perfect.

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    One For The Rode
    By writ and by rite
    Do big girls fight
    And by wrote and by rote
    Kick and scream, tear at throats
    By thin and by thick
    Men stab with sticks
    And by claiming a throne
    They make power be shone.
    So goes the ways of politics.
    - - - -

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    Your random bit of nonsense for the month.
    Today I stopped by my mother's friend's house (with the parents) to pick up her half of the rent cheque for our storage unit. She hadn't seen me in a couple of weeks, mind you, and after doling out some DVD sets that were marked For Your Consideration (some promo stuff she gets from a night job), stopped talking and after a few seconds said, 'You know, you should shave down that scruff a little bit to take off the curl. You'd look very distinguished with a beard.' For some reason, that made my day. I think I'll buy a pipe and use it as a prop.
    - - - -

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One For The Rode is a little masterpiece. I know some people say that puns and spoonerisms and play on words are the lowest form of tropes, but I always suspected it was envy speaking in them. The last line is rather anticlimactic, though, it is way too declarative.

I can't say anything about either #x or Chalazion, but Projects went at least some way towards changing my opinion on free verse.

the first of those lines is just good, and the last is brilliant. It stuck in my mind, probably forever. Say it aloud, it's good.

(and congratulations on your beard's success! Don't forget it was me who suggested the pipe!)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    One For The Rode is a little masterpiece. I know some people say that puns and spoonerisms and play on words are the lowest form of tropes, but I always suspected it was envy speaking in them. The last line is rather anticlimactic, though, it is way too declarative.

I can't say anything about either #x or Chalazion, but Projects went at least some way towards changing my opinion on free verse.

the first of those lines is just good, and the last is brilliant. It stuck in my mind, probably forever. Say it aloud, it's good.

(and congratulations on your beard's success! Don't forget it was me who suggested the pipe!)
    Jean, the last line was this way to get out of the rhyme scheme and drop the ideas like a tonne of bricks. I'm also now very aware of your leanings towards free verse, but I'll change those views one day! You wait!

That line DOES sound good aloud...sometimes the top of my head has good shit there![/egostroke]

And should a pipe be obtained, I'll engrave in the bowl 'Suggested by Jean Melkovsky.'
    Last edited by Frunobulax; 11-21-2007 at 11:27 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    Tungsten Tone
    Clouds drift by
    The sea is a colourless
    Tungsten tone.
    As a sailboat turns into a frigate
    The waves lop and plop
    Gently crash into one another
    And hit rocks.
    The clouds move faster now
    And a tempest rages in them
    As they turn a gray
    Tungsten tone.
    People walk near the seaboard
    Get drenched as waves
    Thunder and crash into them
    Yet they smile and shiver
    Blindly holding children,
    Hands, cameras.
    Obscure obfuscation
    Mimics the patterns of growth.
    As their hair turns a dull
    Tungsten tone.
    Leaves collapse into mulch
    And egg shells crack under your feet,
    As if a ringworm were in them.
    The clouds move slower now
    And the bark of the tree
    Is an oddly vibrant
    Tungsten tone.
    - - - -

This evokes the themes I use in my postapocalyptic fiction almost perfectly, so I think this is (in my opinion) your best work thus far. But then again, what do I know, right? Anyway, the vision of a vast gray sea washing on the rocks dead and lifeless makes me think, There's nobody listening to that surf right now because they're all dead.

This is A+ work here, Matt my man. And I mean that sincerely.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Country
    Country Flag

- - - -
    Flooring the Reed
    Cattails wave a gentle hello in the wind
    Propping up greetings to wraiths of the past.
    A small patch of grass cracks the sidewalk near them
    Expressing its defiance to society.
    Near the wetlands a heron plays with a tern.
    Rabbits jump through reeds in some escape route.
    And a man stands next to the water breathing heavily,
    For he is scared of the future.
    The cattails salute him in their odd way,
    Monocots who offer salutations and this
    Odd sense of comfort.
    - - - -

For some reason the Travelogue music plays in my head when I read this. I think of one of those old fishing shows where the narrator calmly and quietly sets up the scene. It's beautiful. Not on par with "Tungsten Tone," but pretty damn close.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Country
    Country Flag

Now I'll have to use Tungsten Tone as my personal yardstick.
    Flooring... is about my experiences while visiting the Ballona Wetlands here one time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast