Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally watched No Country For Old Men. What a great movie. I did get a bit confused by the ending the first time, so had to rewatch it. At first I was a bit upset by the ubrupt ending, but now I think I like that better as it makes you think long after the movie has ended.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Wow, Reign Over Me was fantastic. I watched it twice. Last time I recall watching a movie twice was The Good Girl. Now that was a movie that surprised the hell out of me...Aniston with acting talent? Pleasant surprise.

I love The Good Girl...it's one of my favorite movies. I'm still amazed that a man wrote that story...to me, it so perfectly sums up the whole "affair" thing.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Every time I watch Return of the Jedi, I can't help but think that Boba Fett went out like a bitch.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, The Good Girl and Reign Over Me are nice little gems.

Mattrick / girly, if you like Aniston in The Good Girl, see Friends With Money. Nice little flick with a phenomenal cast (Jennifer Aniston, Frances McDormand, Greg Germann, Joan Cusack, Scott Caan, Catherine Keener). And on a similar but far darker and disturbing vein, Happiness (Phil Seymour Hoffman, Lara Flynn Boyle, etc - ensemble cast)
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I thought The Good Girl was great also.

I seriously need to catch up on my film watching...do you know, I've never even seen Donnie Darko
    I can't believe when I found out the two friends I was hanging out with had never seen Jurassic Park...It was like bizarro world

Watched Dan In Real Life and I thought it was very well done. I wasn't expecting the whole movie to take place during a family get together but it added a lot of charm to it. Carrell's acting abilities are very good but subtle. If find he's really good at coming across as a nice guy and a complete dick in the same movie, scene to scene. It was predictable but it was so well put together I ignored that.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, Jurassic Park I have seen, at the cinema too

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If I was hanging out with people that had never seen Jurassic Park, I would immediately stop hanging out with them.

There are some movies that everybody should have seen by now and Jurassic Park is one of them. When I find out a person has not seen one of those films that everybody should have seen by now it makes me wonder what kind of psychological issues that person may be harboring.

But that's just me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a list?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel a thread coming on...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    If I was hanging out with people that had never seen Jurassic Park, I would immediately stop hanging out with them.

There are some movies that everybody should have seen by now and Jurassic Park is one of them. When I find out a person has not seen one of those films that everybody should have seen by now it makes me wonder what kind of psychological issues that person may be harboring.

But that's just me.
    Both of them say they don't watch many movies so I can give them some leeway but still...Jurassic Park. I thought everyone my age had seen that movie.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, there should be a list of must see movies. That would make a good thread.

I also have a friend who says he "doesn't care for movies." Whenever we start talking about movies he just sits there with nothing to add. I kind of feel bad for him.

He says he will watch them on occasion but just doesn't care much for them. I just can't wrap my mind around that. I just can't.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He doesn't like movies?! What is wrong with him?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Hmm, there should be a list of must see movies. That would make a good thread.

I also have a friend who says he "doesn't care for movies." Whenever we start talking about movies he just sits there with nothing to add. I kind of feel bad for him.

He says he will watch them on occasion but just doesn't care much for them. I just can't wrap my mind around that. I just can't.
    My good friend Ginter just doesn't know about a lot of movie or have a drive to see them. I'd like to think I've made him like movies more. He loves war movies and action movies but I've got him to watch some good movies; Dawn of the Dead (2004), Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Letters From Iwo Jima, Grandma's Boy.

The best about this guy was I tried to convince him at blockbuster for twenty minutes to rent Starship Troopers, it's a great movie and he like 'oh man that sounds completely gay...humans fighting bugs inthe future is stupid' so I convince him and he thanked me for it. He loved the propaganda videos littering the movie and all the gore of course.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I JUST got that movie from Netflix.
    Last time I saw it I was sober.
    That will not be the case this time.
    And I think it will make even more sense

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?!?!?"

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Starship Troopers, what a fun movie.
    In Digitized Remorse

Has anyone seen The Wrong Guy with Dave Foley? It is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    Starship Troopers, what a fun movie.
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

*kids*

I'M DOING MY PART! *they stomp on bugs at school*

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone else seen Redemption? The one with Jamie Foxx where they tell the story of Stan "Tookie" Williams? Man, I forgot how great that flick is.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw The Ruins. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either but still inferior to it's written counterpart. I know most books are better than the movie simply for the information and extra stuff that isn't included but this movie included many of the high points the book had, it just changed what character experienced certain things. But the ending, they just plain dropped the ball on that one. They definitely went for the safe ending which left the original ending in ruins.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Superbad is one of the best comedies I've seen in years. The only thing better than the film itself is the commentary track.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Some Movie Two-Cents Input :

"Friends With Money" - Excellent cast. Keener rocks!
    "The Station Agent" - The best movie you probably never saw.
    "Into The Wild" - What should have been nominated but wasn't.
    "Starship Troopers" - One of the best bad-movies ever!
    "Grease 2" - Because awful can be fun.
    "Jurassic Park" - Just plain awesome. Plus, one of my favorite movie quotes ever - LEX : "It's a UNIX system. I know this."

If you have some time, check out my DVD collection at : www.turtlexicon.com (listed as turtlexflix)
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Fight Club for the millionth time a couple of nights ago. I freakin love that movie. It never gets old for me. It has got to be in my top ten list of all time.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Just watched Fight Club for the millionth time a couple of nights ago..
    1. WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB.
    2. (See No. 1)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Just watched Fight Club for the millionth time a couple of nights ago. I freakin love that movie. It never gets old for me. It has got to be in my top ten list of all time.
    "We do not talk about Fight Club!"

It's the first rule!
    And the second rule !

Jeeze
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast