Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6649

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This might be unpopular, but does anyone else think that Michael Cera should actually start trying to convey a different character? hes like fucking woody allen.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Today I watched a film, that altho' I had heard many things about it, I had never viewed. It's title was American Beauty. It was really quite good. I was
    impressed with the actors, the story, and the simplicity of it's beauty.
    Why didnt you guys tell me about this film or is it so old you forgot about it?
    I enjoyed it... haven't seen it in years!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Seek View Post
    This might be unpopular, but does anyone else think that Michael Cera should actually start trying to convey a different character? hes like fucking woody allen.
    I agree. I really like him in all the movies he's been in, but I do think it's time for him to branch out a bit.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Him and ellen page should get together, and spawn endless astonishing indie films.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Today I watched a film, that altho' I had heard many things about it, I had never viewed. It's title was American Beauty. It was really quite good. I was
    impressed with the actors, the story, and the simplicity of it's beauty.
    Why didnt you guys tell me about this film or is it so old you forgot about it?
    There is a reason I made sure it was first nominated in the Best Movie of All Time Tournament. It's just about the greatest movie ever made. I think it's a fantastic movie that delves into a lot of issue in society and goes to show what ugliness can lie in pretty suburbia (especially the concept of the house next door) and how there is beauty in everything, you just have to see it. I think it's ingenious. It's no wonder it's writer, Alan Ball, also created Six Feet Under. I'm waiting for his next contribution. Brilliant directoral debut for Sam Mendes as well.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    I watched Superbad with a friend...At her suggestion. Very Un- P.C. but parts of it were laugh out loud funny.
    I just didn't find that movie very funny. I mean sure it had some classic parts but I didn't think it was any big deal. Rottentomatoes.com and some of my friends just loved it. I think I am too old to get it or care. I just found it a waste of money. ($5.99 on HDonDemand)
    Superbad is a great movie. I thought it had well developed characters. And while it was a teenage sex romp at heart it offered a lot more. I do agree the cops and mclovin were the best part but I enjoy a lot of other parts as well. Then again, I can relate to a lot of the movie. I've seen just about every teenage high school movie and I'd say it's the best of them.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

superbad rose above the typical sexcapade and tried to find the humor in the adolescent world. it may have had a lot of t & a humor....but it didn't resort to gratuitous nudity like say good luck chuck which was a little funny, had above average nudity but very little important to say.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The only part that actually made me laugh out loud was:

"McLovin? What are you, an Irish popstar?!?!"

I liked when the friend saw the ID: "You look like a future pedophile"

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    superbad rose above the typical sexcapade and tried to find the humor in the adolescent world. it may have had a lot of t & a humor....but it didn't resort to gratuitous nudity like say good luck chuck which was a little funny, had above average nudity but very little important to say.
    I liked how there was no nudity (I don't recall any), hardly any drug use and besides the tampon leg I didn't think there were any gross out moment which American Pie was famous for. Superbad was able to get laughs out of you from having an honest to life film, with character you could actually believe to be the losers at your high school who haven't gotten laid...as opposed to American Pie's cast

After discussing how amazing American Beauty was I watched it.

Also watched 30 Days of Night and have Punch Drunk Love to watch tonight

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The only part that actually made me laugh out loud was:

"McLovin? What are you, an Irish popstar?!?!"

I liked when the friend saw the ID: "You look like a future pedophile"
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that part!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev forgot part of a movie???? Can this be?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Feev forgot part of a movie???? Can this be?
    hey! cut him some slack! It's not like it was a part from Predator or Terminator!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did I say 'forget'? What I meant to say was that I leaned over to pick up a piece of Twizzlers that I dropped on the floor so I didn't get to see that part...yes...that's it! Twizzlers! Ha-Hahaha-Ha!...

*pats fp on the back*

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*burp*

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's okay, you you can redeem yourself with some Clockwork Orange trivia.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

That would be ....wicked fun!!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

YES, It would.

If you rescue me

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

alinda...American Beauty is a great movie. I think they did a great job. Script , actors and all. glad to find others who enjoyed it.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Punch Drunk Love is such an amazing movie. It's a shame it's so underrated because it's a gem and essentially one of the greatest love stories ever told.

Going to watch Reign Over Me tonight as a Adam Sandler double feature. Can't wait to see what he was able to accomplish in Reign Over Me.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Punch Drunk Love is such an amazing movie. It's a shame it's so underrated because it's a gem and essentially one of the greatest love stories ever told.
    I loved that movie. I'm not an Adam Sandler fan, but he was great in that movie.

American Beauty is also a wonderful film. One of my favorites.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Reign Over Me was fantastic. I watched it twice. Last time I recall watching a movie twice was The Good Girl. Now that was a movie that surprised the hell out of me...Aniston with acting talent? Pleasant surprise.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought The Good Girl was great also.

I seriously need to catch up on my film watching...do you know, I've never even seen Donnie Darko

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Not once?!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, not ever!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast