Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 267 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

John F. Kennedy S.Brewedr is on a distinguished road S.Brewedr's Avatar

Has any one else seen Southland Tales yet? And if so, was I the only one that thought it was pure genius?

Damn, I love Richard Kelly.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I haven't seen it yet, but it is on my list. I'll probably pick it up when I next return mailers to blockbuster.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I really want to see Run Fatboy Run. I really like Simon Pegg. I'm glad he's in the new Star Trek movie too.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by S.Brewedr View Post
    Has any one else seen Southland Tales yet? And if so, was I the only one that thought it was pure genius?

Damn, I love Richard Kelly.
    Cast completely turns me away...Gellar, Timberlake, Mandy Moor AND Sean William Scott and The Rock in one movie?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    This will most likely kill the mood, but has anyone seen the movies August Rush or Martian Child. These have got to be some of the best, most touching movies I've seen in a long time. Your thoughts?
    I haven't seen Martian Child but I will say that August Rush is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. I am currently showing it to my 102 English courses because of the music element. Freddie Highmore is such a great little actor.

I went and saw Doomsday and Never Back Down this weekend and I loved them both.

Also, I really really love watching The Mist in Black & White.
    I highly suggest Martian Child if you liked August Rush!

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Today my son gave me two movies....August Rush, and The Seeker.
    I LOVED August Rush, and I havent been so touched by a film in ages!!
    I reccomend this film to everyone who believes in the power of LOVE!

The seeker was also very good, more fantasy type movie
    White vs Dark....sound familure? I enjoyed it very much.
    PS. Guess who wins?
    Same to you, dear Linda! Martian child is just as good.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Galaxy Quest the other day on TV and about died of laughter. I don't ever remember thinking that movie was so great. I must have been in a mood or something because I thought it was hilarious.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I watched Galaxy Quest the other day on TV and about died of laughter. I don't ever remember thinking that movie was so great. I must have been in a mood or something because I thought it was hilarious.
    Were you high when you watched it this time?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that movie.

"I gave you the K-I-L-L gesture!
    No, you were saying we were dead, I was agreeing with you"

"Look, I understand perfectly that it's just a TV show-
    It's all real-
    I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!"

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

But Galaxy Quest IS hilarious!
    Alan Rickman is brilliant in that movie.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post

But Galaxy Quest IS hilarious!
    Alan Rickman is brilliant in that movie.
    I like that bit in the beginning where they're at that show and he says that he will absolutely not say that 'I shall avenge you' line again, and when he goes out into the stage a video of him saying it is blasting full volume.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What is Martian Child about? I haven't heard of it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It's about this guy (John Cusack) who adopts an overly eccentric child who believes he is from Mars, hence, Martian Child.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I watched "Surfs Up" tonight. It had some pretty funny moments.....I'd watch it again.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It's about this guy (John Cusack) who adopts an overly eccentric child who believes he is from Mars, hence, Martian Child.
    Exactly! It is really good.

I just watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. I really enjoyed it.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree... I howl every time i see that movie

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Superbad with a friend...At her suggestion. Very Un- P.C. but parts of it were laugh out loud funny.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched I am Legend last night.
    In this case, the changes made from the book were too much for me. I score it a B-

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I just watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. I really enjoyed it.
    I tried to get that one last night but the shitty movie place didn't have it.
    Maybe it is On Demand...
    I know I will enjoy that one too.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    I watched Superbad with a friend...At her suggestion. Very Un- P.C. but parts of it were laugh out loud funny.
    I just didn't find that movie very funny. I mean sure it had some classic parts but I didn't think it was any big deal. Rottentomatoes.com and some of my friends just loved it. I think I am too old to get it or care. I just found it a waste of money. ($5.99 on HDonDemand)

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just didn't find that movie very funny. I mean sure it had some classic parts but I didn't think it was any big deal. Rottentomatoes.com and some of my friends just loved it. I think I am too old to get it or care. I just found it a waste of money. ($5.99 on HDonDemand)
    Don't worry, I didn't find it all that funny either.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The only funny parts involved the two cops....that's it.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The movie as a whole was mediocre.....but it is the first movie i can remember in a while where i busted out laughing at a scene. That was surprising.... Kinda like Madea's family reunion.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only part that actually made me laugh out loud was:

"McLovin? What are you, an Irish popstar?!?!"

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Today I watched a film, that altho' I had heard many things about it, I had never viewed. It's title was American Beauty. It was really quite good. I was
    impressed with the actors, the story, and the simplicity of it's beauty.
    Why didnt you guys tell me about this film or is it so old you forgot about it?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 267 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast