Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 267 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 6656

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Nope. I don't care what you say, I will not get excited about this movie

Ahh, crap I just got excited.

Hey, Towerguard, how was the theater? Pretty full? Did they seem into the movie?
    yeah, good amount of people in there. As I said, the whole audience was tensed up. Not one person went to the bathroom. lol
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, that's what I like to hear.

I hate when I go see a movie and people seem like they'd rather be anywhere else but there.

I especially hate the people who keep getting up like they have the bladder of a 5 year old girl.

I need to say this though, any one who comes back here complaining about the camera angle should just turn off their computer go jerk off to the Godzilla remake and suck a golden dick.
    I'm sick of hearing shit about it.
    FIRST PERSON MADE THE MOVIE
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post
    any one who comes back here complaining about the camera angle should just turn off their computer go jerk off to the Godzilla remake and suck a golden dick.
    I won't complain, but the rest is part of my nightly ritual.

A bunch of people on the IMDB message board for Cloverfield were complaining about the violent camera motions.

One person even said he was looking into what kind of legal action he could take against the filmmakers because they did not post a warning before the movie.

One of the big complaints about the Bourne series was the jittery camera movements. As somebody who works with video cameras as part of my job, I can say that I get tired of always locking it down on a tripod or using a steady cam. It's just boring.

In the case of Cloverfield, it's supposed to feel like it's shot by an amateur. That's the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post
    any one who comes back here complaining about the camera angle should just turn off their computer go jerk off to the Godzilla remake and suck a golden dick.
    I won't complain, but the rest is part of my nightly ritual.

A bunch of people on the IMDB message board for Cloverfield were complaining about the violent camera motions.

One person even said he was looking into what kind of legal action he could take against the filmmakers because they did not post a warning before the movie.

One of the big complaints about the Bourne series was the jittery camera movements. As somebody who works with video cameras as part of my job, I can say that I get tired of always locking it down on a tripod or using a steady cam. It's just boring.

In the case of Cloverfield, it's supposed to feel like it's shot by an amateur. That's the whole point.
    People with a heart condition, people in NY during 9/11 and people with P.T.S. disorder should probably avoid it. Thats my warning.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Rescue Dawn on DVD yesterday. I love Christian Bale, and I know the Director literally immersed himself, cast and crew into the jungle-but it was boring. Christian Bale doing a German/English accent is almost unbearable, yet alone unintelligable. The attempt to imitate being 'crazy' in a prison failed (other than of course the actors looking like refugees from Biafra). Also tough to suspend disbelief when Bale is wearing a Pilot's jumpsuit in the aircraft carrier scenes and it's noticeable they don't want him to appear gaunt, and thus have a loose jumpsuit on him.
    Slow, plodding, beautifully shot.
    3 Beers on the RFSPRS.

Took my 10 year old daughter to see '27 Dresses' today.
    Furmulaic, slow to work through to a predictable ending, but I must say that Katherine Heigel rescues the movie as she is beautiful, yet has that (seemingly real) girl next door, slightly imperfect, image.
    No half beers here-what pussy drinks 1/2 a beer.
    Rolls up to 4 beers.
    Check it out (with your 10 year old daughter-or any unmarried daughter.)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Before I give my review of Cloverfield, I would like to get something off of my chest. If you would like to go straight to my review, skip this and read my next post.

I will say this though, if you have children or one day plan to have children, reading what I'm about to write could save their life.

During the last preview, a fellowship of about 8 thirteen year old kids come stomping in. There was a mixture of females and males. In order to keep from offending anybody, I will not reveal their ethnicity.

As soon as they sat down, most of them left and did not return until about 5 minutes into the movie. This is just the start of what would become the worst movie experience of my life.

Anybody who knows me knows I like to exaggerate, but when I say they talked the whole movie, I mean they talked the WHOLE movie. They weren't even talking about the film, they were talking about nonsense.

The only reason I sit here at my computer typing this is because of self restraint. If murder was legal, I would have slain every last one of them as they reclined in their rocking chairs eating their gubers and sipping their soda.

And as their bodies slowly grew hard, I would have sat there. I would have sat there enjoying the movie. While their blood leisurely made it's way down the steps of the stadium seating and mixed with the popcorn and discarded candy wrappers beneath my feet, I would have sat there. I would have sat their and enjoyed the movie.

I say this to you now to save your child. One day they may be in a theater and they will encounter somebody who's not as nice as our old friend Servant here.

The phone will ring and you will answer it. When you find out that your beautiful baby had just been killed because they could not keep their fucking mouth shut at a movie, you would weep at the trivial way in which he or she came to their demise.

So when your child comes to you and says, "Mom, I'm going to see a movie with my friends."

Your response should be, "Okay honey. Remember, shut the fuck up during the movie."

It may just save their life.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I feel better now.

Overall, I thought Cloverfield was pretty good. Unfortunately, due to some annoying kids (see post above) I feel that I could not fully enjoy this movie.

I thought it had a lot of suspense and that it was set up nicely. I think they totally pulled off the home video feel. They did a great job with that. I can see how some people may find it hard to watch though.

That being said, the home video format might have handcuffed the movie. Being able to see the events unfold through the eyes of a select few made me feel cheated.

I wanted to see how others were dealing with the situation. I would have loved to see how the government and the military were dealing with it.

I know this would have made it more of a formulaic disaster film along the lines of Independence Day, but I think I would have liked that more.

I thought the monster was cool, but I would have liked to see it in action more and it could have been a little more original looking.

I think it is worth a recommendation. The unknown actors were believable and watching them made me feel like I was with them, or as close as I could feel as a bunch of fucknuts talked the whole time.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

kill death lung feces on anyone that talks during a movie

or that takes more than 2 whole seconds to open up a plastic wrapper. dont fucking play with it, and dont fucking try and open it as slowly as possible as you're trying to reduce the noise because ITS NOT WORKING.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

any info about the mist release date in ireland? have looked everywhere, all i'm getting is continental europe dates...

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

What the hell?? Heath Ledger found dead?!?!?
    In Digitized Remorse

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I already ranted about Ledger in another thread so I will pass.

Instead I will talk about The Savages.

My sister and I have wanted to see this film for a while. It turns out that there was only 1 theater in our area playing the film. It was in Hartford (about 25 minutes away) in a little hole in the wall theater.

It was hidden in back of a Days Inn and other establishments that kind of got built around it. The theater was so old that the opening they played before the movie started warned not to talk or smoke during the movie.

Anyway, this all added to the feel of the movie for me. I really enjoyed it. Hoffman and Linney give their standard spectacular performances. It made me really think about getting older and some of the choices that come along with it.

I think everybody can relate to having a loved one getting older and this movie nails it really well.

If you can find it, I would say go see this movie.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

First person camera angles make me literally ill.

We saw Sunshine over the weekend, it was damn good.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

balls of fury....stupid funny

mr. woodcock...stupid kinda funny
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    First person camera angles make me literally ill.
    They don't make me sick in a literal sense, but I find them incredibly annoying. I can certainly understand why the technique is used, but it's not for me. In this case it wouldn't matter bc I wasn't planning on seeing Cloverfield anyway, but in general I find it distracting.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It happens to me on some video games as well.

And I can't ride thrill rides.

Or skydive.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Has anyone see The Orphanage yet? It looks pretty good.

And Matt, I'm glad you enjoyed Sunshine.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I feel better now.

Overall, I thought Cloverfield was pretty good. Unfortunately, due to some annoying kids (see post above) I feel that I could not fully enjoy this movie.

I thought it had a lot of suspense and that it was set up nicely. I think they totally pulled off the home video feel. They did a great job with that. I can see how some people may find it hard to watch though.

That being said, the home video format might have handcuffed the movie. Being able to see the events unfold through the eyes of a select few made me feel cheated.

I wanted to see how others were dealing with the situation. I would have loved to see how the government and the military were dealing with it.

I know this would have made it more of a formulaic disaster film along the lines of Independence Day, but I think I would have liked that more.

I thought the monster was cool, but I would have liked to see it in action more and it could have been a little more original looking.

I think it is worth a recommendation. The unknown actors were believable and watching them made me feel like I was with them, or as close as I could feel as a bunch of fucknuts talked the whole time.
    We're probably going to see another movie, I'm sure. Me I loved the perspective, it was what made me want to see the movie. If it was another Godzilla or Independence Day I wouldn't have cared as much. The Host was good, I liked how it focused on a family instead of everything else.

I'm unsure of what this fascination with wanting to know how the military dealt with it. We seen it anyways; ground infantry with assault rifles, tanks, rocket launchers etc., evacuation/hospital set ups as well as air strikes and fighter jet attacks. Not sure what else a military perspective could add to a movie besides this besides cliche.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's what I liked best about the movie. How it focused on such a small group of people. And the way in which it was shot, made me feel like I was right there with.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mike: Linney and Hoffman are two of my faves, I reckon. Have you seen:

The Squid and the Whale
    Magnolia
    Happiness
    Primal Fear

?

Sunshine was awesome, I even had a banner for it at one point:

"You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Mike: Linney and Hoffman are two of my faves, I reckon. Have you seen:

The Squid and the Whale
    Magnolia
    Happiness
    Primal Fear

?

Sunshine was awesome, I even had a banner for it at one point:

I've seen Magnolia and Happiness. Both are very different but good movies. Hoffman gives a memorable performance in both.

I have yet to see Squid & the Whale and Primal Fear. I do want to see Primal Fear because I like Edward Norton.

I think the first time I remember seeing Hoffman was in The Talented Mr. Ripley. He gives a great understated performance. The first time I remember seeing Linney was in The Truman Show.

I'm also hoping to see Sunshine one of these days. I've heard you guys say some good stuff about it.

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Where the fuck did I get Danny from? Oh, wait, I have two delears named Danny.
    probably danny boyle

as far as sequels to horror movies that have the army in them this is one of the best

probably number 2 next to day of the dead

the only thing that sucked about it was no cillian murphy

and the whole thing where they hid in a tunnel with no light instead of an apartment or somewhere safe untill the fire-guys went away

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Juno last night. I loved it! LOVED IT!! I "laughed out Loud" several times and truly enjoyed the conversation. The very last scene was one of my top ten all time favorite movie moments.

Recommended!!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Juno is awesome. I loved everything about that movie. Every actor, every line written by Diablo Cody, I bet I would have even loved the spread put out by the catering company.

I hope Hollywood starts putting female characters like Juno into more movies.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Rambo.
    More blood and guts than a slaughterhouse. Exactly what one would expect from the franchise, and not a bit more.
    3 beers on the RFSPRS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 267 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast