Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it came out two weeks ago, along with the Fountain (which by the way was directed by the same man who did Pi and Requiem)
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am hoping to watch Apocolypto some time this weekend.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    it's an absolutely great movie, one of the best I've ever seen. Even better than Braveheart, which wasn't entirely free from Hollywood.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I went to go see it last night I think the perfect word to describe that movie (besides entertaining) is intense...
    Precisely!!!

To me, it was one of the most intense and horrifying (Horrifying... not creepy) movies i've ever seen in a theater. If you are planning on seeing this, please, I beg you, see it on the big screen in a theater with a good sound system. There is no possible way that the intense nature of this movie can be conveyed the way it is mean't to be conveyed in the comfort of your home.

It's the only 'zombie' movie i've ever seen where I truly felt that the scope of the epidemic and the the terror that the survivors endure is what would truly go down.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to go see it again last night, and I took my sister. I wouldn't shut up about it and the curiosity finally got to her. I told her that there was a scene there that would make her squirm and wince, and she said : "there hasn't been a single scene in any movie to make me squirm."

Once again, I'm talking about the scene where

Spoiler:
    the guy digs his thumbs into his wife's eyes.

When that scene came on, I could hear her muttering "ohmygodohmgodohmygod", then she finally broke and buried her face into her hands

Gunslinger Apprentice David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lany did the same thing, except it was, "IwannagoseeShrek!IwannagoseeShrek!"

Traveler Kristi is on a distinguished road Kristi's Avatar

I agree Apocolypto is a great movie. It has you on the edge of your seat thru the whole thing.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

we;ve got gold class tix but will save them for simpsons movie i think
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Along the Path of the Beam LadyGan is on a distinguished road LadyGan's Avatar

Hey Zone, have you seen this movie called 300?
    I thought it was pretty good.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Pan's Labyrinth is very good. Its not necessarily about what you think, though...
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is too anyone who hasn't yet seen Pan's Labryinth....GO RENT IT/BUY IT NOW!
    I watched that the other night, loved it. I highly recommend it to those who haven't seen it yet.

I just watched it last night, such a great movie, just flew by. Highly recommended as well.

And now I must see the Fountain...
    I also rented this the other night, but I thought it was just ok. Nothing special.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dang Vol! You are one movie-rentin' fool aren't ya?

And yeah, Apocolypto was great! Actually the only two movies we actually went to the theater for this year were Apocolypto and Pan's...and both were subtitled....guess I was just tryin' to culturalize myself...ha!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I just rented Children of Men... gonna watch it this weekend!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit, everyone is talking about that movie. I guess I'll have to jump up on the bandwagon and rent it as well!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just returned from seeing Bug.
    Wow! It is a Tour de Force for Ashley Judd, and a return to greatness for William Friedkin.
    William Friedkin's latest film, "Bug," begins as an ominous rumble of unease, and builds to a shriek. The last 20 minutes are searingly intense
    It just builds and builds till the tension is so thich you could chew on it.
    I give it 5 beers out of a six pack.

Spoiler:
    A paranoid personality finds its mate, and they race each other into madness.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullivan19 is on a distinguished road sullivan19's Avatar

My Mood
    Asleep
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought 28 weeks later was pretty good. The coolest thing for me was the locations in London on the big screen. I walk across that bridge, where Cillian picks up all the money, all the time. And the tunnel they get chased through is down the road from me. Bloody thing, its murder at rush hour! I'd rather go through with the infected than the commuters!

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

They probably had to jump through hoops to get those locations emptied!
    In Digitized Remorse

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    Dang Vol! You are one movie-rentin' fool aren't ya?
    They're all through Netflix but yeah, I watch a lot of movies, maybe too many.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just returned from seeing Bug.
    Wow! It is a Tour de Force for Ashley Judd, and a return to greatness for William Friedkin.
    William Friedkin's latest film, "Bug," begins as an ominous rumble of unease, and builds to a shriek. The last 20 minutes are searingly intense
    It just builds and builds till the tension is so thich you could chew on it.
    I give it 5 beers out of a six pack.

Spoiler:
    A paranoid personality finds its mate, and they race each other into madness.
    I thought this movie looked cool from a trailer I saw. I wish I could go and see all the movies I want that are coming out, but I'll just have to let all but a few go and wait 'til I can Netflix 'em.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Old Boy

Has anybody seen a movie called Old Boy?

I shall now wait for your response.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullivan19 is on a distinguished road sullivan19's Avatar

My Mood
    Asleep
    Country
    Country Flag

They did during the summer, around four in the morning when nobody was about.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Watched Rocky Balboa last night. (aka Rocky 6)

It actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting. He wrote to be a lot like the style of the first Rocky.

Rocky 5 was way worse than this one.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Disturbia today.
    Interesting new teenage take on Rear Window.
    It unwound a bit in the 3rd reel and turned into the typical slasher flick.
    3 beers out of a six pack.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Anyone seen Spiderman 3, I have heard mostly bad things about it, but a couple of friends saw it and said it was good.

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody seen a movie called Old Boy?
    No, but somebody recommended it in the horror forum, so I looked it up up, thought it sounded cool, and added it in my queue.

Rocky 5 was way worse than this one.
    For sure, it was so much better than that one. That's why I'm kinda glad he made this movie, it leaves this series with a better taste in your mouth than that horrid piece of crap which is #5.

Saw Disturbia today.
    Interesting new teenage take on Rear Window.
    It unwound a bit in the 3rd reel and turned into the typical slasher flick.
    3 beers out of a six pack.
    It shall be relegated to rental status for me.

Anyone seen Spiderman 3, I have heard mostly bad things about it, but a couple of friends saw it and said it was good.
    I liked it but it was not on par with the first two.
    Spoiler:
    It just feels like it has too much content crammed in w/o enough build up time. With all the characters they try to fit in.

I saw Letters From Iwo Jima the other night. I thought it was real good, definitely worth a rental. I liked getting to see what that battle might have looked like from the opposing perspective.
    Spoiler:
    It was also interesting to see the act of them commiting suicide covered in the way that it was. All the other movies I've seen just depict them doing it as emotionless robots. It was interesting to see how they showed the emotions of those who were about to kill themselves for honor's sake, and also the ones who didn't want to go through with their own suicide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast