Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 267 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes it’s getting raves all over. It’s also more broadly about the ups and downs of womanhood, so definitely more than just a toy movie, even if it is wrapped in a campy pink wrapper. It’s already getting a lot of Oscar buzz.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It sounds like it’s far from foolishness.
    Sorry Mae.. I think Barbie is a toy that is meant for kids... SO to ME.. an adult... its silly. If you like it that is A-OK though. I am sure some adults that played with them and collect / collected them will enjoy it as well. I for one.. think its foolish and looks beyond campy. I have so many more movies that I want to spend my hard earned money on! haha
    Don't be fooled by the -admittedly effective- marketing. I'm positive it's going to start off as cutesy and pink-glazed, but the film will eventually turn into a much more mature tale. I'm guessing Barbie enters the real world and things take a darker turn.

They hired Noah Baumbach to write this, he doesn't do happy lol.

If Oppenheimer wasn't out the same day I would have caught Barbie opening weekend. I still might if I'm able to move some things around this weekend. I know this film is going to surprise a lot of people.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It sounds like it’s far from foolishness.
    Sorry Mae.. I think Barbie is a toy that is meant for kids... SO to ME.. an adult... its silly. If you like it that is A-OK though. I am sure some adults that played with them and collect / collected them will enjoy it as well. I for one.. think its foolish and looks beyond campy. I have so many more movies that I want to spend my hard earned money on! haha
    Don't be fooled by the -admittedly effective- marketing. I'm positive it's going to start off as cutesy and pink-glazed, but the film will eventually turn into a much more mature tale. I'm guessing Barbie enters the real world and things take a darker turn.

They hired Noah Baumbach to write this, he doesn't do happy lol.

If Oppenheimer wasn't out the same day I would have caught Barbie opening weekend. I still might if I'm able to move some things around this weekend. I know this film is going to surprise a lot of people.
    its reading a 10/10 on IMDB now.. insane
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not surprised! There's a lot of talent in front and behind the camera. The score will level out eventually but I can see this staying in the upper 8's given everything I've been reading about it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I called a Best Picture nomination when the trailer dropped. I’m sticking to it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oppenheimer - 10/10 by IGN

"Christopher Nolan’s atomic biopic is big, bold, and surprisingly intimate / A masterpiece"

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Barbie and I have no words. It was even better than I had anticipated. I knew Greta Gerwig could pull this off, but what they did was astounding. Instantly my #1 movie of 2023. Cried all the way driving home listening to the soundtrack.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just don't get the love for Barbie. To each their own, but for me, I wouldn't pay money to see it. Hell, I can't even make it through the preview without turning it off.

Having said that, the last movie I actually saw in a theater was the first IT a few years ago. That was only because I won tix for it and really didn't want to wait for it to stream, LOL!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Barbie... SMH. Lol
    I will never see that movie. Not even for free lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Just try not to think if it as “The Barbie Movie” but a movie about what Barbie represents, both positive and negative, gender dynamics for both men and women play a big role. It’s not a kid’s movie about playing with dolls.

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Barbie... SMH. Lol

Dude, you are missing out on one of the films of the past decade.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Barbie... SMH. Lol

What do you mean "one of the films of the past decade"? I miss a lot of films that were made in the past decade.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Barbie... SMH. Lol

What do you mean "one of the films of the past decade"? I miss a lot of films that were made in the past decade.
    Of all the films made in the last decade, Barbie was definitely one of them.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Barbie... SMH. Lol

Of all the films made in the last decade, Barbie was definitely one of them.
    lol yep
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Barbie. Its funny and has some very interesting things to say about the dynamics of gender, even if it gets a little too heavy handed near the end. Gosling was hilarious.

It might be part of my top 10 of 2023 when the year is over.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I enjoyed Barbie. Its funny and has some very interesting things to say about the dynamics of gender, even if it gets a little too heavy handed near the end. Gosling was hilarious.

It might be part of my top 10 of 2023 when the year is over.
    It’s my #1 at the moment but it’s possible something else will supplant it, like perhaps Past Lives.

Country
    Country Flag

My wife's bday is this week and she asked to se Barbie. Well yeah I seen it. Just finished and yes it made me laugh. A bit over the top and the ending was a bit much BUT... it's good. I can admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong. Barbie was a fun film. Ryan killed it... made the movie for me. Haha 8/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Barbie... SMH. Lol

You know what I mean...Glad to see you came to your senses and saw it, and I am not surprised you liked it.

Country
    Country Flag

Barbie... SMH. Lol

You know what I mean...Glad to see you came to your senses and saw it, and I am not surprised you liked it.
    I did buddy. I laughed my ass off. Ryan G was so funny. HE NAILED IT. Sometimes one has to eat his words.. and I have here.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit!
    Webstar admitted he was wrong.
    Epic moment in history!

Glad to see Kris gave it an honest try, and thus enjoyed a movie he may never have viewed without the urging of his wife.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Holy shit!
    Webster admitted he was wrong.
    Epic moment in history!

Glad to see Kris gave it an honest try, and thus enjoyed a movie he may never have viewed without the urging of his wife.
    Lololol
    I'm wrong a lot. Haha I can admit it brother

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry bro, we all have movies we judge beforehand. I'm certainly guilty of it. Happens to all of us.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 267 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 ... LastLast