Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 266 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I will say, The Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer would probably work a whole lot better if you saw it in the theater, without knowing what the movie was. It is set up to be one kind of movie in the first 30 seconds, and then gradually revealed to be the Ghostbusters trailer by the end. It’s pretty well done, actually.
    I agree, and thought the exact same thing when I watched the trailer.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Great points. Considering track record so far? I would cast a big vote for "nothing".
    I can't say I disagree with you.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Great points. Considering track record so far? I would cast a big vote for "nothing".
    I can't say I disagree with you.

HBJ
    You made some great points as well.

Hope Ghostbusters is good. Excited.

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House #'ed, RB Gift,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Split on opening night and it was one of those rare moviegoing experiences where people (including myself) were genuinely surprised by the ending.

It's just not something that you see nowadays with the internet.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I saw Split on opening night and it was one of those rare moviegoing experiences where people (including myself) were genuinely surprised by the ending.

That ending was ruined for me.... I would have lost it had I been in the theater and not known. I wish you would see that shock more often.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I managed to see it spoiler-free, and yes, the ending was great. The thing is, it's still a fine movie without that ending, but the ending recast the whole movie in a different light.

Split is one of my favourite movies of 2017. It might BE my favourite, although I'm probably just forgetting a better one of that year.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

That ending was ruined for me.... I would have lost it had I been in the theater and not known. I wish you would see that shock more often.
    I'm sorry about that.

I managed to see it spoiler-free, and yes, the ending was great. The thing is, it's still a fine movie without that ending, but the ending recast the whole movie in a different light.

Split is one of my favourite movies of 2017. It might BE my favourite, although I'm probably just forgetting a better one of that year.

HBJ
    Completely agree! The film has a ton of rewatch value because of that. As you mentioned, the film still works even if you had never seen Unbreakable, which a testament to M. Night.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://thefilmstage.com/the-film-st...films-of-2019/
    50. Bait (Mark Jenkin)
    49. Monos (Alejandro Landes)
    48. Us (Jordan Peele)
    47. América (Erick Stoll, Chase Whiteside)
    46. To the Ends of the Earth (Kiyoshi Kurosawa)
    45. Blinded by the Light (Gurinder Chadha)
    44. The Two Popes (Fernando Meirelles)
    43. Gemini Man (Ang Lee)
    42. Luce (Julius Onah)
    41. The Farewell (Lulu Wang)
    40. The Wild Pear Tree (Nuri Bilge Ceylan)
    39. Waves (Trey Edward Shults)
    38. Atlantics (Mati Diop)
    37. Honey Boy (Alma Har’el)
    36. Peterloo (Mike Leigh)
    35. Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese
    34. The Lighthouse (Robert Eggers)
    33. High Flying Bird (Steven Soderbergh)
    32. I Was at Home, But... (Angela Shanelec)
    31. Knives Out (Rian Johnson)
    30. Invisible Life (Karim Aïnouz)
    29. Vitalina Varela (Pedro Costa)
    28. An Elephant Sitting Still (Hu Bo)
    27. Richard Jewell (Clint Eastwood)
    26. The Beach Bum (Harmony Korine)
    25. La Flor (Mariano Llinás)
    24. Glass (M. Night Shyamalan)
    23. Hotel by the River (Hong Sang-soo)
    22. Hustlers (Lorene Scafaria)
    21. Under the Silver Lake (David Robert Mitchell)
    20. Her Smell (Alex Ross Perry)
    19. Dragged Across Concrete (S. Craig Zahler)
    18. High Life (Claire Denis)
    17. Synonyms (Nadav Lapid)
    16. Asako I & II (Ryūsuke Hamaguchi)
    15. Little Women (Greta Gerwig)
    14. The Souvenir (Joanna Hogg)
    13. Midsommar (Ari Aster)
    12. Long Day’s Journey Into Night (Bi Gan)
    11. Ash is Purest White (Jia Zhangke)
    10. Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Céline Sciamma)
    9. Marriage Story (Noah Baumbach)
    8. Ad Astra (James Gray)
    7. Uncut Gems (Benny and Josh Safdie)
    6. Pain and Glory (Pedro Almodovar)
    5. A Hidden Life (Terrence Malick)
    4. Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino)
    3. Parasite (Bong Joon-ho)
    2. Transit (Christian Petzold)
    1. The Irishman (Martin Scorsese)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Surprised to see Ad Astra so high.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Irishman is good but it is NOT the top movie of 2019.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Irishman is good but it is NOT the top movie of 2019.
    No. It is not.

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

soooooooooooooooo 1917 won the Golden Globe for BP over Irishman, Joker, Marriage Story, and Two Popes.

Thoughts?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

soooooooooooooooo 1917 won the Golden Globe for BP over Irishman, Joker, Marriage Story, and Two Popes.

Thoughts?
    Going to see this week. I am SO glad Phoenix won... I do wish that Todd won for director BUT at least actor was right. I also loved that Brad Pitt won.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts?
    Of course it did because it's literally the only film I haven't seen prior to the show. I'm hoping to see it this weekend. I'm hearing great things and Mendes is usually pretty dependable.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm catching it on Thursday with a couple co workers.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently it's only playing in San Francisco, so I must wait until Friday to see it locally. I'm going to the 10:30 am showing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I AGREE with this list 100%. It would be the same as me pretty much. While I cannot imagein getting a 2020 like I got a 2019 for films.... It should still be good
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I'm less excited by the movies on this list, but there are a few I'm looking forward to.
    - Dune, which will probably be something special even if it doesn't (can't?) adhere closely to the source material.
    - Halloween Kills, just because I love Halloween 1978, and Halloween 2018 was surprisingly solid - mainly because of JLC. And she's back in this one.
    - Mulan. Really? Yeah, I know, I had no interest in the movie until I saw the trailer. It actually looks decent. And they cast Gong Li, which immediately scores points with me.

Others that I will see, but aren't particularly excited about:
    - WW84, because the first one was solid
    - Ghostbusters: Afterlife, just because they seem to be doing something interesting with the premise.
    - No Time to Die: It's Bond. I see Bond moves in the theater, no exceptions.
    - Godzilla vs. Kong: yes, really. Last year's Godzilla movie was fun schlock.

Nothing else on the list remotely interests me. Some make me actively angry.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm less excited by the movies on this list, but there are a few I'm looking forward to.
    - Dune, which will probably be something special even if it doesn't (can't?) adhere closely to the source material.
    - Halloween Kills, just because I love Halloween 1978, and Halloween 2018 was surprisingly solid - mainly because of JLC. And she's back in this one.
    - Mulan. Really? Yeah, I know, I had no interest in the movie until I saw the trailer. It actually looks decent. And they cast Gong Li, which immediately scores points with me.

Others that I will see, but aren't particularly excited about:
    - WW84, because the first one was solid
    - Ghostbusters: Afterlife, just because they seem to be doing something interesting with the premise.
    - No Time to Die: It's Bond. I see Bond moves in the theater, no exceptions.
    - Godzilla vs. Kong: yes, really. Last year's Godzilla movie was fun schlock.

Nothing else on the list remotely interests me. Some make me actively angry.

HBJ
    Do you watch any films that aren't remakes, reboots or sequels?

I know, right?

I actually do watch and enjoy original movies, but I usually watch them after I hear a bit more about them, or on home media, unless I know the director. I anticipate the “remakes, reboots or sequels” because I know what to expect going in.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 266 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 ... LastLast