Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 237 of 266 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25496
    Lionsgate Home Entertainment has provided us with a brand new video in which director Francis Ford Coppola introduces the new 4K restoration of his classic film Apocalypse Now (1979), which will be release on 4K Blu-ray on August 26.

The 4K restoration will also open in select theaters across the nation on August 15.

Francis Ford Coppola's stunning vision of "The Heart of Darkness" in all of us remains a classic and compelling Vietnam War epic. Martin Sheen stars as Army Captain Willard, a troubled man sent on a dangerous and mesmerizing odyssey into Cambodia to assassinate a renegade American colonel named Kurtz (Marlon Brando), who has succumbed to the horrors of war and barricaded himself in a remote outpost.

The Apocalypse Now Final Cut restoration will be brought to life with Dolby Vision HDR, bringing entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality.

When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. The 4K Combo Pack and Digital 4K release also feature Dolby Atmos audio mixed specifically for the home, to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. In addition, the film has been enhanced with Meyer Sound Laboratories' newly developed Sensual Sound™, a technology engineered to output audio below the limits of human hearing. All of these technologies work together to present Coppola's true vision of the film, one that delivers deep, visceral visual and auditory impact. Coppola believes Apocalypse Now Final Cut "looks better than it has ever looked, and sounds better than it has ever sounded," and he is "thrilled beyond measure to present the best version of the film to the world."

In addition to the restoration, this 4-disc Apocalypse Now Final Cut anniversary set also includes the film's Theatrical Cut and Extended Cut (Redux), as well as the acclaimed Hearts of Darkness documentary. Loaded with hours of in-depth special features, the set will also feature tonight's fascinating Tribeca Film Festival Q&A with Coppola and the prolific Steven Soderbergh (Sex, Lies, and Videotape), which has not been seen or heard outside of the festival until now, and newly discovered behind-the-scenes footage. The Apocalypse Now Final Cut 4K Blu-ray Combo Pack features new, collectible Mondo artwork and will be available for the suggested retail price of $34.99.

4K BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES AND TECHNICAL SPECS:

NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM FROM THE ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE
    DOLBY VISION HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
    DOLBY ATMOS TRACK/Sensual Sound enhanced
    Audio Commentary by Director Francis Ford Coppola
    Optional English, Spanish, French, English SDH subtitles for the main feature
    4K Blu-ray includes:
    The Final Cut (183 Minutes)
    Redux Extended Cut (202 Minutes)
    Theatrical Version (153 Minutes)

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:

DISC ONE

Audio Commentary by Director Francis Ford Coppola

DISC TWO

An Interview with John Milius
    A Conversation with Martin Sheen and Francis Ford Coppola
    "Fred Roos: Casting Apocalypse" Featurette
    The Mercury Theatre on the Air: Heart of Darkness – November 6, 1938
    "The Hollow Men" Featurette
    Monkey Sampan "Lost Scene"
    Additional Scenes
    "Destruction of the Kurtz Compound" End Credits (with Non-Optional Audio Commentary by Francis Ford Coppola)
    "The Birth of 5.1 Sound" Featurette
    "Ghost Helicopter Flyover" Sound Effects Demonstration
    "The Synthesizer Soundtrack" Article by Bob Moog
    "A Million Feet of Film: The Editing of Apocalypse Now" Featurette
    "Heard Any Good Movies Lately? The Sound Design of Apocalypse Now" Featurette
    "The Final Mix" Featurette
    "2001 Cannes Film Festival: Francis Ford Coppola" Featurette
    "PBR Streetgang" Featurette
    "The Color Palette of Apocalypse Now" Featurette

DISC THREE

NEW: Tribeca Film Festival Q&A with Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Soderbergh
    NEW: Never-Before-Seen B-Roll Footage
    Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse (with Optional Audio Commentary by Francis and Eleanor Coppola)
    John Milius Script Excerpt with Francis Coppola Notes (Still Gallery)
    Storyboard Collection
    Photo Archive
    Unit Photography
    Mary Ellen Mark Photography
    Marketing Archive
    1979 Teaser Trailer
    1979 Theatrical Trailer
    1979 Radio Spots
    1979 Theatrical Program
    Lobby Card and Press Kit Photos
    Poster Gallery
    Apocalypse Now Redux Trailer
    Optional English, Spanish, French, English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Damn I want to see that on the big screen!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Top 2 greatest war movie of all time, right alongside Come And See.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil Blomkamp exits Robocop Reboot. MGM Will move on without him.

Early today, writer/director Neill Blomkamp (District 9) announced on his official Twitter account that he has exited MGM’s RoboCop sequel RoboCop Returns.

Instead, he’ll shoot a new “horror/thriller” that seemingly would happen first and MGM won’t be waiting around for him. Alluding to another director will be announced in the near future as the studio wants to begin shooting soon.
    Source.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Neil Blomkamp exits Robocop Reboot. MGM Will move on without him.

Early today, writer/director Neill Blomkamp (District 9) announced on his official Twitter account that he has exited MGM’s RoboCop sequel RoboCop Returns.

Instead, he’ll shoot a new “horror/thriller” that seemingly would happen first and MGM won’t be waiting around for him. Alluding to another director will be announced in the near future as the studio wants to begin shooting soon.
    Source.
    First of all, we don't need a Robocop reboot.

Second of all, that's the last thing Blomkamp should be doing right now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mike, I watched Tell No One the other night based on your recommendation. I wasn't crazy about it.

A review I read afterwards kind of summed up my feelings on it in that it had good ideas, but it felt like three movies in one with not enough time dedicated to each plot thread to let the information really sink in. I enjoyed aspects of it, but overall it just didn't do it for me. Can we still be friends?

It actually reminded me a bit like Gone Girl (which I won't mention for spoiler reasons, but you probably get what I mean).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Mike, I watched Tell No One the other night based on your recommendation. I wasn't crazy about it.

A review I read afterwards kind of summed up my feelings on it in that it had good ideas, but it felt like three movies in one with not enough time dedicated to each plot thread to let the information really sink in. I enjoyed aspects of it, but overall it just didn't do it for me. Can we still be friends?

It actually reminded me a bit like Gone Girl (which I won't mention for spoiler reasons, but you probably get what I mean).
    Yeah, but what would you know!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know you are but what am I?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

‘Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski

Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

Warner Bros. has been trying for the last of couple years to find a way to get back into “The Matrix” universe, but a hold-up over producing rights slowed the project down. Over the past couple of months, the studio saw an opportunity to ramp up development, with Reeves boasting a strong summer that included box office hits “John Wick 3” and “Toy Story 4” and a script from Wachowski that drummed up excitement.

Plot details are currently unknown, as is how the role of Morbius will be handled, originally played by Laurence Fishburne. Some sources say the role may be recast for a younger take.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year, marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting on Aug. 30.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it can't be much worse than Reloaded and Revolutions.

I just don't think we need it, but that's really not the point anymore.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Revolutions was awesome. Reloaded... not so much. However, I welcome a new one with open arms and best news I heard all day! Man with tech the way it is now... it could be such eye candy. I cannot wait for this. #daymade
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how many people realize The Matrix was essentially the Wachowski's metaphor for their trans identities:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Revolutions was awesome. Reloaded... not so much. However, I welcome a new one with open arms and best news I heard all day! Man with tech the way it is now... it could be such eye candy. I cannot wait for this. #daymade
    True, but we want more than just eye candy. That's where a lot of these sequels and reboots falter. We don't just want pretty things that blow up. What makes the original Matrix so great is some of the smaller scenes with dialogue, character development and world building.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True, but we want more than just eye candy. That's where a lot of these sequels and reboots falter. We don't just want pretty things that blow up. What makes the original Matrix so great is some of the smaller scenes with dialogue, character development and world building.
    15 years to write another one..... you don’t think they have some good ideas? Man, they must have something for the cast to come back.... and to start next year? Oh big oh boy u bet it’s amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

15 years to write another one..... you don’t think they have some good ideas? Man, they must have something for the cast to come back.... and to start next year? Oh big oh boy u bet it’s amazing!

The lure of a big payday brings the cast back. I would hope that time would make the franchise ripe for new ideas. See also: Terminator franchise and the Alien franchise. I hate to sound cynical, but we've been burned more than a few times.

Country
    Country Flag

The lure of a big payday brings the cast back. I would hope that time would make the franchise ripe for new ideas. See also: Terminator franchise and the Alien franchise. I hate to sound cynical, but we've been burned more than a few times.
    true true.... both excellent examples. However I loved Prometheus and while the new Terminator looks bad.... I am
    Holding judgement. Matrix was my fav movie of all time so one can dream/hope right?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

And Independence day. And Saw. And a dozen other franchises I love that promise "We've got a killer story and wouldn't make another one unless we knew it was the best one EVER!"

And it's usually not.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Default General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

And Independence day. And Saw. And a dozen other franchises I love that promise "We've got a killer story and wouldn't make another one unless we knew it was the best one EVER!"

And it's usually not.
    One key thing..... they didn’t have the original writer, director and actors. I cannot think of any THAT did... that bombed. I can’t think of one.... when I do, I think of T2, Indiana Jones sequels, and a dozen others. Even most recent... John Wick!! That’s the key right there.... the same peoples involvement.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Independence day.
    You shut your mouth! Just when I scrubbed that scourge from my memory, you have to bring it back up.

Country
    Country Flag

One key thing..... they didn’t have the original writer, director and actors. I cannot think of any THAT did... that bombed. I can’t think of one.... when I do, I think of T2, Indiana Jones sequels, and a dozen others. Even most recent... John Wick!! That’s the key right there.... the same peoples involvement.
    Yeah, I think having the same involvement has a hand in the quality for sure.

You shut your mouth! Just when I scrubbed that scourge from my memory, you have to bring it back up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Honestly I'm looking forward to it. I like the Matrix sequels more than most, plus there was some really cool stuff done outside of the movies as well (looking at you Animatrix). So I'm looking forward to a Matrix 4, I mostly just don't know how you do a Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Ann Moss given what happened to their respective characters at the end of the third movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, it will probably be underwhelming. There are really no good examples in films that get revisited 10+ years later and end up being as good as their progenitors. All the examples listed above, plus a few more I can think of (hello Kingdom of the Crystal Skull).

Country
    Country Flag

Blade Runner 2049?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

An exception.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 237 of 266 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 ... LastLast