Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 266 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/ba...st-1202031124/
    Barack Obama has marked the end of 2018 with his annual list of his favorite books, movies, albums, and more. The former President of the United States is an avid and outspoken cinephile, so it’s not too much of a surprise to discover that his list of the best films of 2018 is one of the most impressive you’ll see this year. Mixing festival favorites with top awards contenders and indie films that deserve a lot more eyeballs, Obama’s list features 15 titles that perfectly represent 2018 at the movies.

Like nearly every film critic this year, Obama had a soft spot for foreign-language titles “Roma,” “Burning,” and “Shoplifters,” plus documentaries “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” and “Minding the Gap.”

Obama is clearly rooting for “Roma” and Marvel’s “Black Panther” in this year’s Best Picture race, while contenders “BlacKkKlansman” and “If Beale Street Could Talk” are also featured on his list.

With “Minding the Gap,” “Blindspotting,” “Eighth Grade,” “Leave No Trace,” and “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” appearing on the list, Obama clearly would have loved being at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival. Cinephiles will also be pleased Alex Garland’s “Annihilation” made the cut.

Check out the full list of Obama’s favorite films of 2018 below:

“Annihilation”
    “Black Panther”
    “BlacKkKlansman”
    “Blindspotting”
    “Burning”
    “The Death of Stalin”
    “Eighth Grade”
    “If Beale Street Could Talk”
    “Leave No Trace”
    “Minding the Gap”
    “The Rider”
    “Roma”
    “Shoplifters”
    “Support the Girls”
    “Won’t You Be My Neighbor”

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I would replace Creed 2 with Bird Box and pretty much agree with this list. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would replace Creed 2 with Bird Box and pretty much agree with this list. Well done!

Thanks, man! I enjoyed Bird Box, but I'm kind of surprised by how much love it's getting.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, man! I enjoyed Bird Box, but I'm kind of surprised by how much love it's getting.
    One of my favs. I was super impressed. And with near 50 million views in a week... Netflix will take notice and try some more stuff like this I hope.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favs. I was super impressed. And with near 50 million views in a week... Netflix will take notice and try some more stuff like this I hope.

It's an interesting discussion though. I could make the argument that if the film was released wide in theaters, they would have made even more money. Netflix is essentially giving the subscriber base something for nothing, which is great, I just don't know how Netflix makes money off of a film like Bird Box. New subscribers? Doesn't everyone who wants Netflix either already pays for it or steals it from someone else?

Country
    Country Flag

It's an interesting discussion though. I could make the argument that if the film was released wide in theaters, they would have made even more money. Netflix is essentially giving the subscriber base something for nothing, which is great, I just don't know how Netflix makes money off of a film like Bird Box. New subscribers? Doesn't everyone who wants Netflix either already pays for it or steals it from someone else?
    Well said. If it was viewed 50 million times at say $10 bucks a ticket.... I mean... wow. Biggest of the year. But as you said.. what do they gain from it? That movie was expensive to man. They make no ad revenue and they make no additional money from playing it. I just don’t get it....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is probably the most comprehensive look at the upcoming films for 2019 that you will find out there. Believe me, I looked!

My Most Anticipated Films of 2019

Country
    Country Flag

This is probably the most comprehensive look at the upcoming films for 2019 that you will find out there. Believe me, I looked!

I AGREE with all this. 2018 was one of the best years for movies for me ever.... BUT I feel this year.... will be the all time greatest. SOmthing that bothers me though... I have not had a movie at the theater BLOW ME AWAY to see it like 5 times since 2005's Dark Knight. I would love and welcome that in 2019
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I AGREE with all this. 2018 was one of the best years for movies for me ever.... BUT I feel this year.... will be the all time greatest. SOmthing that bothers me though... I have not had a movie at the theater BLOW ME AWAY to see it like 5 times since 2005's Dark Knight. I would love and welcome that in 2019
    I think you might be right.

As for seeing movies multiple times, I end up not doing that because there's usually so many other films I have to see. The last time I did that was Mad Max: Fury Road. I wanted to buy a ticket right after the credits rolled for Annihilation, but it was the final showing of the night.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Mike, I haven't been posting but I've been reading your blog lists. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reviews. Always good reads!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hey Mike, I haven't been posting but I've been reading your blog lists. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reviews. Always good reads!
    Thanks, Ricky! Much appreciated as always!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike - apart from your great write ups, I'm always impressed at how consistently you're able to pump this stuff out. Shit ain't easy.

Props my dude.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Mike - apart from your great write ups, I'm always impressed at how consistently you're able to pump this stuff out. Shit ain't easy.

Props my dude.
    Thanks, Nando! Much appreciated! It's tricky around the Holidays especially, but it's something I enjoy doing. I mainly do it for all my movie loving friends here. Most of the people I know on Facebook couldn't give a shit.

Country
    Country Flag

https://filmschoolrejects.com/50-best-movies-of-2018/
    50. Love, Simon
    49. Support The Girls
    48. Borg vs. McEnroe
    47. The Endless
    46. Let The Sunshine In
    45. Night Comes On
    44. A Simple Favor
    43. A Star is Born
    42. The Tale
    41. Upgrade
    40. Bad Times at the El Royale
    39. Isle of Dogs
    38. Game Night
    37. Wildlife
    36. Thunder Road
    35. The House That Jack Built
    34. Minding the Gap
    33. Madeline’s Madeline
    32. Crazy Rich Asians
    31. Cold War
    30. The Death of Stalin
    29. Cam
    28. Leave No Trace
    27. Burning
    26. If Beale Street Could Talk
    25. The Rider
    24. Avengers: Infinity War
    23. Revenge
    22. The Night Comes For Us
    21. A Quiet Place
    20. Roma
    19. You Were Never Really Here
    18. Widows
    17. Private Life
    16. Won’t You Be My Neighbor
    15. Mission: Impossible – Fallout
    14. Shoplifters
    13. Blackkklansman
    12. Suspiria
    11. Hereditary
    10. First Reformed
    9. Mandy
    8. Paddington 2
    7. Sorry to Bother You
    6. Blindspotting
    5. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    4. The Favourite
    3. Eighth Grade
    2. Annihilation
    1. Black Panther

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hereditary needs to be in the top 10.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ummmm.... I've watched it quite recently, and was much underwhelmed...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://filmschoolrejects.com/50-best-movies-of-2018/
    50. Love, Simon
    49. Support The Girls
    48. Borg vs. McEnroe
    47. The Endless
    46. Let The Sunshine In
    45. Night Comes On
    44. A Simple Favor
    43. A Star is Born
    42. The Tale
    41. Upgrade
    40. Bad Times at the El Royale
    39. Isle of Dogs
    38. Game Night
    37. Wildlife
    36. Thunder Road
    35. The House That Jack Built
    34. Minding the Gap
    33. Madeline’s Madeline
    32. Crazy Rich Asians
    31. Cold War
    30. The Death of Stalin
    29. Cam
    28. Leave No Trace
    27. Burning
    26. If Beale Street Could Talk
    25. The Rider
    24. Avengers: Infinity War
    23. Revenge
    22. The Night Comes For Us
    21. A Quiet Place
    20. Roma
    19. You Were Never Really Here
    18. Widows
    17. Private Life
    16. Won’t You Be My Neighbor
    15. Mission: Impossible – Fallout
    14. Shoplifters
    13. Blackkklansman
    12. Suspiria
    11. Hereditary
    10. First Reformed
    9. Mandy
    8. Paddington 2
    7. Sorry to Bother You
    6. Blindspotting
    5. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    4. The Favourite
    3. Eighth Grade
    2. Annihilation
    1. Black Panther
    Solid list. There's a lot of my favorite films from 2018 on your list as well. A lot of underrated films, which I feel was a major strongpoint for 2018.

I loved First Reformed, so I'm happy to see that so high. I've heard a lot about Mandy, but I haven't been compelled to watch it just yet.

I will say, I'm surprised by your #1. I didn't realize you enjoyed Black Panther that much. To me, it was a very good comic book movie, I'm not sure what people are seeing that is separating it from the herd. It was also featured very highly on your list, but Spider-Verse is the best comic book movie of 2018.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, that wasn't my list, that's from the site linked above it Just posting for some discussion. Mine won't be ready for a while, still need to see a bunch of 2018 releases.

Country
    Country Flag

In fact, here's a sneak-peak at my top two:

Spoiler Alert!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Oh no, that wasn't my list, that's from the site linked above it Just posting for some discussion. Mine won't be ready for a while, still need to see a bunch of 2018 releases.
    I didn't see the link.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ummmm.... I've watched it quite recently, and was much underwhelmed...
    Really? I absolutely loved it. It had some really good surprises and seriously creeped me out, which rarely happens for me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

See, I watched it, like, a week ago, and I already have a problem remembering what happened there. I remember having fun watching it, and feeling very "wtf? that's what it was about?" when it ended. There was one scene I totally loved, when the boy comes home after you know what happened, but alas, there was one detail that distracted me from it.
    Spoiler:
    I can believe there can be a family where a daughter suffers from a potentially lethal condition, and where this fact isn't on mother's mind all the time. In all the families I know both in reality and in virtuality, such factor actually defines the lifestyle. Everyone is aware of it 24/7, they always have the pen/syringe/spray within reach, and mother would never never never let such a child go anywhere with someone else but herself without having rehearsed with this someone ten thousand times what s/he should do in case of emergency, and without giving them the appliance/medication

That said, my "underwhelmed" only meant that I am not going to place it among the best horror movies of all time, not among the first - I think - thirty (maybe more); but still it was a very enjoyable watch. If I ever get around to doing that thing I used to, rating the horrors on the 1 to 5 scale, I will give it a solid 4, maybe even 4+. But not 5.
    (and I absolutely love Toni Colette!)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 266 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 ... LastLast