Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 266 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6646

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

They should look into Family Video as well. They are apparently only in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan but they seem to be doing pretty well. The one by my house is usually pretty busy on Friday and Saturday nights. And I don't live in a small town where wifi is expensive or hard to get. I'm in the 4th largest city in the state.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...ing-in-alaska/
    There’s no shortage of nostalgia for the video rental store among Generation X and even older millennials. Budding film buffs once wandered their aisles, strolling past the new releases to peer through fingers at the horror section’s VHS covers and browse the employee picks, which more often than not included your next favorite movie. But the rise of streaming services like Netflix and Hulu caused video rental juggernaut Blockbuster to file for bankruptcy in 2010, with many independent locations closing soon after. As Indiewire notes, only 10 franchise-owned Blockbuster stores still exist in the U.S., and you’ll find more than half of them in Alaska.

A new Vice documentary visits one of the state’s thriving Blockbusters, discovering that the chain’s survival up north is due to the fact that Wi-Fi is pricey up there. Small towns are spread out and unlimited data is not a viable option for many of the families living there. The concept of streaming video, then, is untenable. The locals seem happy, however; many cite themselves as old-school types who still own VHS players and enjoy the routine of renting videos for less than a buck. Hey, maybe the next great American filmmaker is strolling those aisles as we speak.
    Fuck Blockbuster. They put my parents out of business. What goes around, comes around.

In happier news, I heard there's a 4 hour cut of Blade Runner 2049. I need it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...ing-in-alaska/
    There’s no shortage of nostalgia for the video rental store among Generation X and even older millennials. Budding film buffs once wandered their aisles, strolling past the new releases to peer through fingers at the horror section’s VHS covers and browse the employee picks, which more often than not included your next favorite movie. But the rise of streaming services like Netflix and Hulu caused video rental juggernaut Blockbuster to file for bankruptcy in 2010, with many independent locations closing soon after. As Indiewire notes, only 10 franchise-owned Blockbuster stores still exist in the U.S., and you’ll find more than half of them in Alaska.

A new Vice documentary visits one of the state’s thriving Blockbusters, discovering that the chain’s survival up north is due to the fact that Wi-Fi is pricey up there. Small towns are spread out and unlimited data is not a viable option for many of the families living there. The concept of streaming video, then, is untenable. The locals seem happy, however; many cite themselves as old-school types who still own VHS players and enjoy the routine of renting videos for less than a buck. Hey, maybe the next great American filmmaker is strolling those aisles as we speak.
    Fuck Blockbuster. They put my parents out of business. What goes around, comes around.

In happier news, I heard there's a 4 hour cut of Blade Runner 2049. I need it.
    Can I ask how they put your parents out of biz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They owned a movie store in the 80's. Things were going very well for a while. VHS was at its pinnacle. Then Blockbuster came into town. Where are you going to go on a Friday night when the hottest new rental just got released? My parents store that was lucky to have 5 copies of the newest release, or Blockbuster that had a whole wall of them?

The rest is history. Ironically, there's always somebody bigger and better and Blockbuster learned that the hard way.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They owned a movie store in the 80's. Things were going very well for a while. VHS was at its pinnacle. Then Blockbuster came into town. Where are you going to go on a Friday night when the hottest new rental just got released? My parents store that was lucky to have 5 copies of the newest release, or Blockbuster that had a whole wall of them?

The rest is history. Ironically, there's always somebody bigger and better and Blockbuster learned that the hard way.
    I hate to say it but it's business. Someone is always gonna swallow the little guy. And your right... Blockbuster became the little guy, as your parents did then too. Sorry to hear that though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thor: Ragnarok was a fantastic movie going experience. Easily the best Thor film and it's not even close. It might just be my favorite Marvel film. It's also one of the funniest films I've seen in a few years.

I was a big fan of Hunt for the Wilderpeople, but when I heard the director of that film, Taika Waititi, was going to helm the next Thor film, I was a little surprised. Not to mention we are also talking about the same guy that directed Green Lantern. Well, he's redeemed himself.

I thought it was really cool how he used a few actors from Hunt for the Wilderpeople like Rachel House and Sam Neil, who was also reuniting with Jurassic Park alum, Jeff Goldblum. Speaking of Goldblum, he's always been a favorite of mine and I really hope he starts doing more movies. There's also a few other really great cameos.

Lastly, Tessa Thompson steals almost every scene she's in. I've been a fan of hers since she was on Veronica Mars. She's also great on Westworld. Here, she's just a badass, and fine as hell. If you've never been a fan of the Thor films, give Ragnarok a chance. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

But they sure matter when it comes to people going to the movie or not. I try not to... but man it affects me going. More so... it affects my excitement level. For instance, Suicide Squad I was over the moon pumped for... when the reviews were shit... I lost that passion, and I hadn’t even seen it yet

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I typically try not to let the reviews about a movie affect whether or not I want to watch it. I'd rather watch it myself and form my own opinion. Many times I'll have the opposite opinion of whatever the critics thinks or what the ratings say. There have been many times I've watched a movie, didn't really like it and then I'm surprised when I see how many people are talking about how good it was/is.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like a purge has begun in Hollywood and in general, and there seem to be new cases being revealed on a daily basis. This is both sad, because in some instances these are people we used to admire, and necessary, in order to progress as a society.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I think the catalyst for this revolution was Donald Trump getting elected president. To hear the way he talks about women and some of the things he has said he does to women and then he still becomes president, I think people are just fed up and they feel that now is the time to blow the lid off of this stuff.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know where a good spot to sell about 50 Blue Ray 3D movies never opened? I collected them for the last 6 years or so... and want to sell them. Have ALL the big titles
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone know where a good spot to sell about 50 Blue Ray 3D movies never opened? I collected them for the last 6 years or so... and want to sell them. Have ALL the big titles
    If you post a list, I might be interested in buying some of them. Unless you want to sell them all together, then you're better off selling them on ebay or even Facebook Marketplace.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ulture-1060165
    Jill Soloway, Lena Waithe Offer 13 Suggestions on How to Change Hollywood's Harassment Culture

“Don't be a dick.”

Words to live by, courtesy of Lena Waithe.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just be a normal human. Unless you have some kind of mental disability, we all know the difference between right and wrong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also wanted to make this statement and I don't know if this is the right or wrong place for this. Hell, there might not be a right place for this.

Our entertainment is under attack. I'm not saying it's not warranted. This is a big issue that's been going on for way too long and it needs to stop. At the end of the day, we all use movies and TV as a way to escape and right now the conversation always comes back to this. Another form of entertainment is currently plagued by the same thing and that is the sports world. I want to sit back and relax and just watch some football. I don't want to hear about who's sitting and standing for the national anthem and I don't want to hear about concussions.

I want my entertainment back. I want to escape from all this other bullshit. End of rant.

Country
    Country Flag

I also wanted to make this statement and I don't know if this is the right or wrong place for this. Hell, there might not be a right place for this.

Our entertainment is under attack. I'm not saying it's not warranted. This is a big issue that's been going on for way too long and it needs to stop. At the end of the day, we all use movies and TV as a way to escape and right now the conversation always comes back to this. Another form of entertainment is currently plagued by the same thing and that is the sports world. I want to sit back and relax and just watch some football. I don't want to hear about who's sitting and standing for the national anthem and I don't want to hear about concussions.

I want my entertainment back. I want to escape from all this other bullshit. End of rant.
    Well said.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yes! It's that time of year already. I love these, but I'm going to hold off on watching them until we get closer to the end of the year.

Country
    Country Flag

LOL

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

CGI eyes. I don't care what anybody says.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooooooh, I love her accent. Mmmmmmm

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Accent? Dialect? Accent! ... right? Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 266 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 ... LastLast