+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221
Results 5,501 to 5,517 of 5517

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 is on a distinguished road Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

which is why i don't read those, i don't give a shit about rotten tomatoes either, why? simple i prefer IMDB and the answer to that is i pay more attention to someone like say Christopher Lee's Filmography than reading what people think of all of his films. i love yes love Maxium Overdrive it's a great popcorn flix that i have loved as a kid. and while Stephen King isn't no hitchcock as a director he did pretty good not great for a guy who was coked out his mind when he made it.

i would like to see him director one more film even if it's just made for tv just to see if he's a good director now that he's clean. honestly i'd rather watch any movie he directs than fucking Paul Greengrass or however ya spell his last name. a guy who who loves to use shaky cam and the older he gets the more he uses it. and i saw the last one in the theatre last year with my folks i got a headache and so did my mom from watching the damn thing. the film wasn't bad it was just really poorly directed. at least with King i don't have that issue, my point is that has a really low rating on Rotten Tomatoes when there are far far worse films out there than that.

the (2004) remake of Salam's Lot for one thing. sorry for my shit spelling,. that thing was fucking awful and i know King wasn't a great director he was fair at it

Manni Folken DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I've somehow been able to keep my expectations in check for Blade Runner 2049, which is kind of amazing considering how much I love Denis Villeneuve. Not to mention the fact that Roger Deakins is the cinematographer.

That being said, the early reports borderline on ridiculous. They're almost too good to be true.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...waited-sequel/
    I know, Mike. Definitely very, very promising. I'm really happy they picked exactly the right director for it.

I help where I can.
    I will not fight!

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 is on a distinguished road Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

they played the trailer before IT when i went on Friday and it does look promising actually but i really do hope it turns out good

Maerlyn's Imp Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode's Avatar

I've somehow been able to keep my expectations in check for Blade Runner 2049, which is kind of amazing considering how much I love Denis Villeneuve. Not to mention the fact that Roger Deakins is the cinematographer.

That being said, the early reports borderline on ridiculous. They're almost too good to be true.

Looking at the link, I'm more excited that they are making a sequel to Wreck-It-Ralph.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Pennywise fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

I know, Mike. Definitely very, very promising. I'm really happy they picked exactly the right director for it.
    This is one of those rare cases where the stars align and all the right creative pieces are firmly in place. Villaneuve is now the premiere science fiction story teller, Deakins is a visual mastermind, and Gosling has been demonstrating for many years now that he has what it takes to carry a film.

My only point of skepticism comes from Harrison Mumbles Ford who I feel is just a mercenary taking paychecks from anyone these days. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he adds much to the film beyond a cameo tying the two timelines together.
    "Here, take it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty amazing how these floodgates seem to be opening with regard to sexual harassment inside Hollywood and women finally coming forward and being public about it:

This is just the most recent case in a string of five or six in the past several months. I won't be posting any ScreenJunkies videos in the foreseeable future.

Some doors cant be closed Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What the fuck? I watch Screen Junkies all the time. I had no idea. I don't think you have to stop posting though. There's a lot of other people at Screen Junkies who put out great content that don't have these accusations.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some doors cant be closed Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Madness. Just madness. This shit has got to stop. I could never fathom treating women the way some of these guys treat women. Don't they have mom and sisters or nieces? Or even cousins? It's a power thing, I get it, but it's unacceptable.

Country
    Country Flag

Madness. Just madness. This shit has got to stop. I could never fathom treating women the way some of these guys treat women. Don't they have mom and sisters or nieces? Or even cousins? It's a power thing, I get it, but it's unacceptable.
    It's crazy and it's hard to put this into words. Maybe it's a power thing, maybe it's just being an asshole, but what make this worse is that a lot of these dudes were publicly very pro-women, pro-equality, male feminists and so on. Which is why it's sad to read a piece like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...selves-allies/ and having to mostly agree with it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's crazy and it's hard to put this into words. Maybe it's a power thing, maybe it's just being an asshole, but what make this worse is that a lot of these dudes were publicly very pro-women, pro-equality, male feminists and so on. Which is why it's sad to read a piece like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...selves-allies/ and having to mostly agree with it.
    Interesting article, but ultimately very worrisome. It sucks that women now have another reason to distrust men. Even ones that seem like good guys. Now you can't even be a good guy without a woman thinking, "Is this mother fucker some creep that's trying to have sex with every woman he comes across?"

I'm sure there's a whole bunch of married women who are breathing a sigh of relief. "Phew, I found the man of my dreams. Thank god I don't have to worry about this." That's a mistake as well. It's proven time and time again that the biggest offenders are married men.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What the fuck? I watch Screen Junkies all the time. I had no idea. I don't think you have to stop posting though. There's a lot of other people at Screen Junkies who put out great content that don't have these accusations.
    You had no idea ... what? That people can get accused of anything?

What does an accusation mean? You're one of the most well-spoken, thought-out people on this forum, I would think you know that an accusation is simply an accusation. And while it deserves a thorough investigation into all sides of the accusation, and the evidence may lead a little bit this way or seem to good to be true going the other way, you shouldn't have any feelings toward the person until there is a confession or a legal ruling.

Pennywise fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

While I agree that an accusation is only just an accusation until proven otherwise, there must be some grounds for action if his company pressed the nuclear button and fired him.

I mean, with statements like “there is simply no justification for his egregious and intolerable behavior", you gotta imagine there is evidence to substantiate these claims.
    "Here, take it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Companies fire people over accusations all the time. Unfortunately, as we've just seen, people are guilty until proven innocent.

Demon of the Prim allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Companies fire people over accusations all the time. Unfortunately, as we've just seen, people are guilty until proven innocent.
    So odd people here are talking about this. At work, I have two women that are being harassed by a guy. One girl for over a year and though she joked he was her stalker, it was much more then that that she never told anyone the extent of it. I had no idea. Anyway, this guy was texting one the other girl with explicit messages about what she could do for him. So. I have two women at work being sexually harassed, AND a third guy that vouched for it. Hence, the harasser in question was fired today. What makes it worse is that he is married with 5 kids. I say worse because he is married.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You had no idea ... what? That people can get accused of anything?

What does an accusation mean? You're one of the most well-spoken, thought-out people on this forum, I would think you know that an accusation is simply an accusation. And while it deserves a thorough investigation into all sides of the accusation, and the evidence may lead a little bit this way or seem to good to be true going the other way, you shouldn't have any feelings toward the person until there is a confession or a legal ruling.

What I meant was I had no idea this whole thing was going down. I watch Screen Junkies videos a few times a day. I also follow many of the people from the Screen Junkies channel on Twitter. I figured somebody would have mentioned something. I probably had a busy day and didn't check or something.

That's all I meant by having no idea. Thank you for the kind words by the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221