Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 266 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 6649

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is Face/Off on Netflix? Kinda wanna watch it now:

https://twitter.com/sashaperlraver/s...96957917696001
    My friend is a film professor. This is a real paper a student turned in. #iBelieveTheChildrenAreOurFuture

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is Face/Off on Netflix? Kinda wanna watch it now:

https://twitter.com/sashaperlraver/s...96957917696001
    My friend is a film professor. This is a real paper a student turned in. #iBelieveTheChildrenAreOurFuture
    That's great. I want to read the whole thing. Do you watch the Schmoes Know on Collider? Sasha Perl-Raver is on there a lot?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She is, she's hilarious. She's also on their weekly TV Talk show.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=pablo;1009819]Is Face/Off on Netflix? Kinda wanna watch it now:

You know what I have to say about that......
    Spoiler:
    FUCK Netflix!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    She is, she's hilarious. She's also on their weekly TV Talk show.
    I don't watch that one. Is that the one that Macuga is on a lot? He drives me crazy.

Country
    Country Flag

But she's fun.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just came back from the Purge: Election Year.

Movie. Was. Very. Enjoyable. That's all I'm going to say about that.

What I AM going to talk about it the audience. I somehow ended up at a theater that had a five dollar movie night. Didn't plan for it, but it happened. Cool with me, I saved a little bit of money. LOTS of people in line for all movies, and lots of people in the theater with me. I would venture to say it's as full as it could have been. So who do I have next to me? Some fucking teenager that talked (quietly, but still) to his fucking teenager friend next to him through the entire movie. Who did I have diagonally to the front left of me? Some fucking guy playing Pokemon Go every ten minutes on his fucking phone. And down two rows directly in front of me? Some fucking teenage girl who ACTUALLY pulled out her phone and called someone in the middle of the movie.

But the worst? The absolute WORST? I saw at LEAST twenty kids in the theater. Not teenagers, but kids. Parents actually brought their five, six, seven, eight year old kids to a movie where the entire plot of the movie is based around murder and torture. Graphic murder and torture. And the icing on the cake? As we were leaving the theater, the "man" in front of me was carrying an infant in his arms.

Un-fucking-believable.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lol, I had a similar experience recently when I saw Tarzan. So annoying.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A somewhat interesting read about Maximum Overdrive...

Why Stephen King failed to make a great Stephen King movie

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Every day I check my go-to site for advance movie screenings and there's been nothing new posted for days and days. I check this morning and there was a ton of new screenings posted (always when I'm sleeping, it seems). I was going to post how irritating it is that even if something is posted two minutes ago, by the time I click on it, all the passes are gone. So after trying to get tickets to four separate movies just now, I succeeded with Don't Breathe on the 23rd. I like going to screenings of movies I haven't heard of, but it's also great to go to one for something you wanted to see anyway.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really hate that just about every comedy being released is raunchy. When you have to rely on sex, drugs, and profanity every 10 seconds, it's a crutch; it's not funny. I know these are the kind of comedies that appeal to the key demographic, but not every line of dialogue has to have the f-bomb for the movie to be funny. There's more to humor than that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I never watch films you talk about, but generally speaking, I agree with every word of the above.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I also agree, which is why I very rarely watch comedies. My idea of what's funny seems to be vastly different from what the majority of people view as funny.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There are way more raunchy comedies now. At least overtly. A lot of the older comedies were also raunchy, but it was a little bit more clever with it. It also wasn't the entire focus of the film.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Another reason why Four Lions is one of my favourite comedies of the past decade. Say what you like about a comedy focusing on jihadists, but one thing that movie wasn't was definitely raunchy.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. The problem with Hollywood has always been that when something works, they copy it until something else comes along. A few raunchy comedies made a lot of money a few years ago so that's all we get now.

Country
    Country Flag

And don't even get me started on raunchy comedy sequels.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I like raunchy comedies

Country
    Country Flag

There's nothing wrong with that. I like them in small doses when it doesn't go too far. A good example of that would be We're the Millers. One of my favorite comedies I'd seen in awhile. It's just that it seems like that's the only type of comedies we get anymore. You can have humor without lazy jokes about pot, sex, and alcohol.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love raunchy comedies too, but Ricky is right, many of them get way too lazy. I haven't found the word penis funny in at least 20 years.

I would say We are the Millers is on the more tame side when it comes to discussing raunchy comedies.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Well it looks like this new Sausage Party movie will be a very conservative and austere comedy indeed.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Well it looks like this new Sausage Party movie will be a very conservative and austere comedy indeed.
    I can't wait for that one. It may be raunchy, but we don't get a whole lot of raunchy animated films.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Can anyone recommend a website or blog for movie/TV news? The one I was using (iwatchstuff.com) recently shut down.

To give an idea of what I'm looking for, this site posted basic news (with minimal commentary) about upcoming TV shows and movies, the occasional trailer, etc. I don't need original content/reviews, just news/info sorted in one place. I pretty much just want mainstream stuff (I'm not much of an indie or art-house viewer and I already go to bloody-disgusting.com for horror). I get some info from seriable.com, but they are mainly useful for renewal/cancellation news and not so much new things (and I don't think they touch movies). The other problem with seriable is that they turn one bit of news (or non-news, often) into two dozen or so posts; I mainly just check their twitter feed.

I know there must be a million of these out there (I will try cinemablend.com out), but I'm not going to spend much time looking around and hopefully someone can recommend something basic and useful.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Can anyone recommend a website or blog for movie/TV news? The one I was using (iwatchstuff.com) recently shut down.

To give an idea of what I'm looking for, this site posted basic news (with minimal commentary) about upcoming TV shows and movies, the occasional trailer, etc. I don't need original content/reviews, just news/info sorted in one place. I pretty much just want mainstream stuff (I'm not much of an indie or art-house viewer and I already go to bloody-disgusting.com for horror). I get some info from seriable.com, but they are mainly useful for renewal/cancellation news and not so much new things (and I don't think they touch movies). The other problem with seriable is that they turn one bit of news (or non-news, often) into two dozen or so posts; I mainly just check their twitter feed.

I know there must be a million of these out there (I will try cinemablend.com out), but I'm not going to spend much time looking around and hopefully someone can recommend something basic and useful.
    http://collider.com/all-news/
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

thanks
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 266 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 ... LastLast