Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 266 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great! I love it...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That is so fucking cool. I love cinematography, it's a big part of the experience.

Thanks for sharing Pablo.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

How to feel about Now You See Me getting a sequel? I think they'll be forced to make something of the first one's irrational mishmash to go anywhere in another story. So that's good. Only other choice is selling totally brainless spectacle. If so, my last shred of faith in the public may be at risk there.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    How to feel about Now You See Me getting a sequel? I think they'll be forced to make something of the first one's irrational mishmash to go anywhere in another story. So that's good. Only other choice is selling totally brainless spectacle. If so, my last shred of faith in the public may be at risk there.
    I thought the first one was terrible, so it can't get much worse. Who knows, maybe it will actually be better than the first somehow.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched "burnt" last night! Great film made glad to be a Chef.
    Doesn't explain why we are all so fucked up but bloody great film...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I thought the first one was terrible, so it can't get much worse. Who knows, maybe it will actually be better than the first somehow.
    Exactly! You put what I was trying to say into, like, normal person language. Thanks.
    Maybe I should learn to dial it back and communicate simply like that from time to time.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I just watched "burnt" last night! Great film made glad to be a Chef.
    Doesn't explain why we are all so fucked up but bloody great film...
    Have you seen Chef? I'm wondering if it was better than that film. I thought it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Exactly! You put what I was trying to say into, like, normal person language. Thanks.
    Maybe I should learn to dial it back and communicate simply like that from time to time.
    Awww, you think I'm normal. I'll be your normal translator any day.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I saw chef also. Both great films but burnt deals more with who a chef is and not so much about the pleasure food gives us... I got a great recipe for slow roast cuban pork, what he cooks on "chef", its bloody lovely...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say, I'm a little surprised at the early reviews for X-Men: Apocalypse. Kind of dividing people.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Do any of you listen to The Canon podcast? I just recently started listening to it, and if you're into films you'll love it. Each week they discuss a new film and decide if it should be in the canon of best films.
    http://thecanon.wolfpop.com/audio/playlists/3968
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I'm watching Troll and Julia Louis-Dreyfus is in it

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Do any of you listen to The Canon podcast? I just recently started listening to it, and if you're into films you'll love it. Each week they discuss a new film and decide if it should be in the canon of best films.
    http://thecanon.wolfpop.com/audio/playlists/3968
    Subscribed

I like the Leonard Maltin podcast on Wolfpop.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So I'm watching Troll and Julia Louis-Dreyfus is in it

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose and I watch a lot of movies together. Don't get me wrong, she only watches a movie or an episode or two of a TV show a day, but it's constant. Anyway, so we're watching Howl's Moving Castle last night (dubbed, of course --FYI, Christian Bale is the voice of Howl) and she loved it. It occurs to me just HOW MUCH she's seen. She has a ridiculous education in not just kid-cinema, but family-cinema as well. From Lion King to Goonies, from ET to Toy Story. We've seen Life of Pi, all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Charlotte's Web, Avengers, Brother Bear, Jurassic Park, and all six Ninja Turtles movies (and we just started the second season of the 2012 TV show, which is actually really good by the way). And so on and so on.

The point I'm getting to is, have there been any movies I've missed? So, going through lists of "must-see kid's movies" brings me to the ones I've left out, and which I'm downloading now:

Babe
    Beethoven
    Home Alone
    Paddington
    Land Before Time
    The Red Balloon

I'm waiting on It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and a Christmas Story until Christmas time.

The only movie that we've started that she had ZERO interest in was Harry Potter. A little crushed by that one, but maybe she was tired. I'll give it another try in a few months. Are there any movies that you were excited to show your kids (or significant other, or friends) that they just weren't into?

Country
    Country Flag

Book of life. Digby, labyrinth (with Bowie) , drop dead Fred, bugsy Malone, rango, the three amigos. I'll have to think of more, I've got loads in my head somewhere

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I believe there was a thread around here at one time that was about movies and/or TV shows that everyone else has seen but you've never gotten around to watching. I'll have to see if I can dig it up. I just recently watched Reservoir Dogs for the first time and can now cross it off my list.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Rose and I watch a lot of movies together. Don't get me wrong, she only watches a movie or an episode or two of a TV show a day, but it's constant. Anyway, so we're watching Howl's Moving Castle last night (dubbed, of course --FYI, Christian Bale is the voice of Howl) and she loved it. It occurs to me just HOW MUCH she's seen. She has a ridiculous education in not just kid-cinema, but family-cinema as well. From Lion King to Goonies, from ET to Toy Story. We've seen Life of Pi, all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Charlotte's Web, Avengers, Brother Bear, Jurassic Park, and all six Ninja Turtles movies (and we just started the second season of the 2012 TV show, which is actually really good by the way). And so on and so on.

The point I'm getting to is, have there been any movies I've missed? So, going through lists of "must-see kid's movies" brings me to the ones I've left out, and which I'm downloading now:

Babe
    Beethoven
    Home Alone
    Paddington
    Land Before Time
    The Red Balloon

I'm waiting on It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and a Christmas Story until Christmas time.

The only movie that we've started that she had ZERO interest in was Harry Potter. A little crushed by that one, but maybe she was tired. I'll give it another try in a few months. Are there any movies that you were excited to show your kids (or significant other, or friends) that they just weren't into?
    I don't know how old your daughter is, but from the titles you listed I would take a look at stuff like The Neverending Story, Legend, Labyrinth, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars - all that '80s goodness. They knew how to make good kids movies back then. Though I guess these do skew a little toward boys. Then good '90s fare like My Girl and The Sandlot, as well as Adams Family and the early Jim Carrey movies like The Mask and Ace Ventura. The more recent stuff I'm having a hard time with. Maybe Alexander's No Good... Day?

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot never-ending story but the 2nd was kinda crappy

Country
    Country Flag

A recent kids movie would be The Peanuts Movie, I don't know if you seen that. It's great.

Country
    Country Flag

And this is a guilty pleasure but the Problem Child series. Loved it as a kid, and caught them on TV not too long ago, and it was just as hilarious.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I really liked The Jungle Book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 266 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 ... LastLast