Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 267 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. I am ashamed to confess, but I fell asleep about 20 minutes in. By that time I totally lost track of who was who and what they wanted, and what I saw was the same old bloodbath all the time. I wonder if there is going to be any kind of development (in any direction); or else, it will take me forever. And I haven't finished Menalcholia yet. Nor East of Eden.

But I loved Audition, and, tired as I am these days, never had any urge to fall asleep while watching it, not for a moment.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I don't know. I am ashamed to confess, but I fell asleep about 20 minutes in. By that time I totally lost track of who was who and what they wanted, and what I saw was the same old bloodbath all the time. I wonder if there is going to be any kind of development (in any direction); or else, it will take me forever. And I haven't finished Menalcholia yet. Nor East of Eden.

But I loved Audition, and, tired as I am these days, never had any urge to fall asleep while watching it, not for a moment.
    This makes me sad...

I've only seen a handful of his films. I enjoyed One Missed Call, but that was it. Audition was ok. I think I've seen Three Extremes, and that one wasn't bad either, but I can't remember much about it But Ichi and Imprint are the other two I've seen and those were far too much for me, I couldn't handle them.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears don't like to make heathers sad

bears will watch East of Eden. It's not that they didn't like it, it's that they are very tired recently and there's a lot of films they abandoned. They even fall asleep in the middle of horrors now, and horrors used to be their favorite entertainment.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

bears don't like to make heathers sad

bears will watch East of Eden. It's not that they didn't like it, it's that they are very tired recently and there's a lot of films they abandoned. They even fall asleep in the middle of horrors now, and horrors used to be their favorite entertainment.
    That makes me even sadder. Hopefully things will get sorted soon and you'll be feeling better

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got in my DARREN ARONOFSKY graphic novel(part 1, maybe, not sure dont read french very well) NOE (french for NOAH). Im assuming that his new movie that he is starting with Russel crowe is going to be based on this grahic novel..if so...WOW!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Aronofsky. I'll watch anything he does.

Isn't Bale supposed to star opposite Crowe? Haven't read the novel so I'm not sure which role he'd be taking up though ...

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Bale was mentioned as playing the lead before it was given to Crowe. THe guy in the graphic novel looks like someone crowe would play.

Country
    Country Flag

Aronofsky is my fav alive director. I actually have 3 posters signed by the guy...and a bottle of wine. Guerilla diaries..the making of Pi is a really good read. Not sure if I got the title 100% correct..something guerilla diaries..and Pi.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Bale isn't attached to Noah.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    I think Bale was mentioned as playing the lead before it was given to Crowe. THe guy in the graphic novel looks like someone crowe would play.
    Ah! Noted.

Aronofsky is my fav alive director. I actually have 3 posters signed by the guy...and a bottle of wine. Guerilla diaries..the making of Pi is a really good read. Not sure if I got the title 100% correct..something guerilla diaries..and Pi.
    Cool! Why a bottle of wine though ? Was that just the closest object at the time ?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Ah! Noted.

Cool! Why a bottle of wine though ? Was that just the closest object at the time ?
    THe wine was through a charity(charity buzz..maybe is the name). THe posters was through a fundraiser for a kids preschool in NY. Just lucky to have noticed them before time ran out. Aronofsky was kind enough to actually sign a 3rd poster per my request. THe other two posters signed were those variant Black Swan posters.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm putting this here in the hopes that somebody can help me out.

For some reason a movie scene popped into my head earlier and I cannot remember what the hell movie it's from. All I remember is that a guy is in an airport at a bank of payphones. He has some sort of small leather porfolio that according to him "has his entire life in". Checks, credit cards, business contacts, etc... While he's at the payphones he puts the portfolio on top and then forgets it when he leaves.

He doesn't realize what happened until later when he's in a taxi (or a limo?) and yells a line like "My entire life is in there!"

Another guy comes along and finds it. I'm not entirely sure but I think he begins to use the stuff in it and simply takes the guy's identity? This is the point where it starts to get a little fuzzy.

Late 80's early 90's movie I think.

Anyone?

***UPDATE***

Nevermind, I found it.

Taking Care of Business
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I think my husband and I are the only people in the WORLD who have not seen Avatar. I wanted to see it, for a while, but now, it is almost my mission to NEVER see it.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Avatar is a good movie in its own way, but some of the story reminds me of our own history. The effects of the movie are cool and the animals that they have are awesome. But that is just my opinion
    Spoiler:
    Basically it is a retelling of John Smith and Pocahontas

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I think my husband and I are the only people in the WORLD who have not seen Avatar.
    Yes, probably.
    Only because bears are not strictly people.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never really had any desire to see it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Avatar reminded me of Michael Moorcock's "The Eternal Champion." It was a beautiful film, but I had a hard time sympathizing with the N'avi when they were fighting against a strawman.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I think my husband and I are the only people in the WORLD who have not seen Avatar.
    Yes, probably.
    ahh... well, we are in good company, then!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes, probably.
    ahh... well, we are in good company, then!
    And I wish I had not wasted my time on it

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not gonna lie, I liked Avatar. It was an average film, but as a theater experience? It was amazing. The best use of 3D I have ever seen.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started Avatar and couldn't watch it, because seriously,
    this is probably not a spoiler, but just in case
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I agree with feve, the 3D experience in the theatre is what made the movie for me. I didn't go as far as some of the other people who killed themselves because the planet doesn't exist, but I did find myself wishing we had some cool glow-in-the-dark shit like they had in the movie. The flowers were incredibly realistic.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I started Avatar and couldn't watch it, because seriously,
    this is probably not a spoiler, but just in case
    Spoiler:
    Wasn't Jake chosen because the Na'vi and it's host must be genetically compatible and he was the closest to that match after his deceased brother?

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I agree with feve, the 3D experience in the theatre is what made the movie for me. I didn't go as far as some of the other people who killed themselves because the planet doesn't exist, but I did find myself wishing we had some cool glow-in-the-dark shit like they had in the movie. The flowers were incredibly realistic.
    In IMAX 3D the film is a visual masterpiece. The biggest draw for me when it comes to 3D isn't all of the things that pop out at you from the screen, that's just a cheap gimmick. The best thing is the depth perception - there were times during that film when I actually felt as if I was looking 30, 40, 50 meters into the distance. It was incredible. I got butterflies in my stomach during the sequence where Jake learns to fly those pteryldactyl (sp?) like creatures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 267 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast