Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 267 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Another picture of him....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could see it.

If I'm not mistaken, that's Kevin Durand. He was most recently in the film Legion and had a small role on Lost.

I think they are going to need a bigger name than that though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

As big a fan I am of Kevin Durand I don't think he could play Roland. He would make a great Tick Tock Man, however.

I wouldn't say he had a small rolev in Lost...his role is what made Season 4 so watchable and one of my overall parts of the entire show. He's also good in Mystery, Alaska.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Eagan View Post
    As big a fan I am of Kevin Durand I don't think he could play Roland. He would make a great Tick Tock Man, however.

I wouldn't say he had a small rolev in Lost...his role is what made Season 4 so watchable and one of my overall parts of the entire show. He's also good in Mystery, Alaska.
    He was amazing in Lost, that is what made me start to watch his movies. And would anyone really want a very well known actor to play Roland?

Anyways, Kevin Durand has made quite a name for himself. He is 6'6, but still has the capability of being very versatile, which you wouldn't expect for a man of his size. He was awesome in smoking aces, completely transformed. He was also Lil' Jon... He is far from unknown.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say my main issue with him is he's far better suited to play either a villain or the funny guy. Roland is also quite a complex character and as good as Durand is for giving his characters a uniqueness he's not strong enough to portray Roland. Guy who plays Roland needs to be thinner almost lankier. Durand is a brick shithouse.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a brick shithouse.
    Mattrick, it is priceless. Is it a kind of set expression I don't know or did you think of this yourself? If the latter, do you mind if I borrow it for further use?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Go for it. It's one me and my friend use a lot because we're wrestling fans. Not sure if we coined it or not.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you!

::still giggling::

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post

He was amazing in Lost, that is what made me start to watch his movies. And would anyone really want a very well known actor to play Roland?
    Maybe not, but the studio needs a big name to sell their film.

That's just the way it is. It's just business.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just lent In The Bedroom
    Hey sometimes you gotta' find love where and when you can.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I would like to see this guy as roland

Blob?

I cant unsee him with an ass hanging out the front of his shirt

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Blob?

I cant unsee him with an ass hanging out the front of his shirt
    He is an amazingly talented actor. Blob was just one of his roles, and he didn't even look like himself in the movie. If anything, he should have been playing Sabertooth,

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Liev Schrieber is the man so I have to disgree with that.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Liev Schrieber is the man so I have to disgree with that.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Liev Schrieber; however, he wasn't a good fit for sabertooth. I always thought of sabertooth as a tall, menacing, overpowering opponent, Liev was not this.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I though schieber was the only good part of Wolverine. The rest was pretty bad.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I though schieber was the only good part of Wolverine. The rest was pretty bad.
    All of the X Men movies were bad. They messed up the plots so bad I couldn't overlook it's flaws. One thing I would love to see is the Age of Apocalypse made into a tv/movie. It's my favorite comic book line...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The original and especially X-2 were great. I think not getting the plots right in a series that has had several incarnations written by different people during different times that has hundreds if not thousands of issues and television series is kind of silly. It's a two hour movie, not a documentary on the plotlines of the comic. The first two movies worked really well, the third one was awful. With dozens of characters it should be obvious that all stories would not copy. I know Deathstrike's character was originally Wolverine's girlfriend, right? Now that relationship is a movie to itself.

If you were expecting 40 years worth of backstory in a 2 hour movie then you were expecting something that would never be there. You can't blame Bryan Singer for that.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like the the first two at all, but it's for many other reasons than it didn't follow a plot line, although that was part of it.

I think I would have liked it more if they didn't just jump into them. I would have liked a movie dedicated to Xavier's school to be the first movie, something that gave the movies more background. There may not have been as much action, but it would have established the story.

I would also like my favorite villains to be in them. Mr. Sinister, and Apocalypse. Sabertooth was another favorite, I just don't like how they did him in either of the films (He was only in two I think).

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I liked Wolverine: Origins. I like most comic book movies and I've long stopped hoping they follow the comics perfectly. There's just too much backstory in both the DC and Marvel Universes to get everything right.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I liked Wolverine: Origins. I like most comic book movies and I've long stopped hoping they follow the comics perfectly. There's just too much backstory in both the DC and Marvel Universes to get everything right.
    I liked the first ten or so minutes of it when they were doing special forces stuff. The blob wasn't morbidly obese by this point, and the elevator scene was funny. I can't say I enjoyed the rest.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched Secretary. Bizarre.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I just watched Secretary. Bizarre.
    With Maggie Gyllenhaal?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't that the one where she gets mounted like a Kawasaki ?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, yes, and yes. It was a very odd film. And not just the subject matter, I mean like everything about it. I'm still not sure how I felt about it.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 267 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast