Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

*takes Feev away from the window*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post

However, you may be pleased to know that your praise of it is definately going to make me rewatch Vanilla Sky
    When you watch it look for these things:
    Spoiler:
    Everything after the car crash is a creation of his own psyche, include being frozen and having the Lucid Dream from LE). The party is a very important scene; you see he is worried about Diaz being a stalker, feels guilty about taking Cruz from Lee and is dealing with frustrations of how his co-workers percieve him. He falls in love with Cruz because he's always seen women as something to enjoy but she changed him in a way. He watches a program on LE moments before leaving and getting in the car crash driven by a crazed Diaz when he realizes what he does to women, only exageratted. The sudden change when they say the splice occurred is nothing more than a dream suddenly going a different direction. Also, the scene where he kills Sofia is an editing masterpiece.

I just really like the movie a lot. I'd say over all it's my favourite movie, more for the fact I never get sick of it. The movie starts almost like a romantic movie then changes so many times. I remember watching it for the first time I was like 'how the hell did we get to this?'

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Its essentially the same as the original (of course) - you should watch it too

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

AVP! ALIEN VS PREDATOR 2! ALIEN VS PREDATOR - REQUIEM! ALIEN!! PREDATOR!! ljfagas gal;skdjgASL;GDKAJGL

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/74...37/vids_1.html

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

It's looking awesome...better than the first in someways. My only concern that there will actually be an interesting story. Thats one of the things I liked about the first one. Also, that it stays within the overall arc of both franchises, another thing I liked about AVP 1.
    While I loved the battle scenes in the first one, but my main complaint was that there wasn't ENOUGH of the them and there needed to be more predators.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's one of the things that I didn't like about the first AVP either. There were 3 Predators, but two of them got killed in like, what, 10 minutes? And I can't wait to see the Predator use his/their shoulder cannons, god I love that.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Alien owns predator. Humans are fodder. People get destroyed. Sounds good to me.

In the scene with the predator/alien fighting in the rain they both appeared to be body suits. I think if they can create light-weight, easy to move around in body suits it would make it look much more realistic besides going over board with CG.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick? Hi, sorry there, but ah, I think you were misinformed. It's Predator that owns Alien, not the other way around.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Take Predators technology and weapons away and let's see how well they do against aliens. Predator knows that if all else fails it can self-destruct taking plenty of aliens along with it. In a straight up fight, hand to hand Predator would have no chance.

Aliens don't need high intelligence, ability to space travel or futuristic crazy weapons because they have physical superiority over everything in the universe.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's like saying take away Supermans powers and you'll get a regular human being. The predators are what they are: they fight for honor and glory. And if the aliens aren't smart enough to develop weapons of any kind, well too bad.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i agree with fp.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    That's like saying take away Supermans powers and you'll get a regular human being. The predators are what they are: they fight for honor and glory. And if the aliens aren't smart enough to develop weapons of any kind, well too bad.
    Um, super man is an alien and can't be a human being. He's from the planet krypton. Watch Kill Bill Vol. 2 on more info superman faking clark kent.

Alien is obviously the best for acid for blood, stingers, innner mouth and being so damn cool looking.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

[Meh, not much of a Superman fan. Just substitute 'human being' for a...a regular alien? ]

Well, by the same token I can say that without the blood, stingers and inner* mouth, the aliens wouldn't be shit.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Mattrick? Hi, sorry there, but ah, I think you were misinformed. It's Predator that owns Alien, not the other way around.
    Feverish you're living up to your User ID...*check his temp* yeah, you've got a fever of a 109 and are talking out of your ass from delirium.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If this is just some gorey gross splatter fest and thats it it will be even shitter than the first AVP. Predator and Alien are brilliant and scary. Seeing two awesome ideas turned into a bunch of gross deaths of expendable characters will ruin the whole thing for me. This better have a director who has half a fucking brain with the amount of material they have to work with, unlike the first piece of shit.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Thats it Zone, step outside. It's you and me buddy, you and me. Whoever wins, we lose. Or something.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to see a massive amount of fight scenes. I want to see Predator shank an Alien with his duo-blades and I want to see an Alien impale a Predator with his tail. Is that too much to ask?

I want to see Predator shank an Alien with his duo-blades
    I don't know about too much to ask but it sure sounds kinky.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, by the same token I can say that without the blood, stingers and inner* mouth, the aliens wouldn't be shit.
    They are a part of it's body. Natural defences and what not. Predator's natural defence is urinating itself and hoping things will leave.

I just want to see a massive amount of fight scenes. I want to see Predator shank an Alien with his duo-blades and I want to see an Alien impale a Predator with his tail. Is that too much to ask?
    this is exactly what i want.

sometimes i think i was alone in actually liking AVP. so what if it wasn't plot heavy? that's not what i'm looking for when i watch that kind of movie. i want a ton of meaningless alien violence and gore. i don't think that's unreasonable to expect.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That scene in AVP when where the Predator is swinging the alien around is the shiznit.

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    sometimes i think i was alone in actually liking AVP. so what if it wasn't plot heavy? that's not what i'm looking for when i watch that kind of movie. i want a ton of meaningless alien violence and gore. i don't think that's unreasonable to expect.
    You're not. And I liked its plot, I thought it was pretty cool.

oh, i'm not saying that i didn't like the plot, just that the plot was obviously secondary to the violence.

Hmmm compared to what it could have been I was impressed with the amount of plot there was in comparison to the violence. I also really like the allusions to the Aliens movies in it. Little things like the satellite at the beginning looking like an Alien Queen and Mr. Waylan doing that little trick with his pen, like the cyborg based on him did in Aliens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast