Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 267 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen The Happening, but I've read the numerous reviews on it's suckage-factor

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Wish I haven't seen it. The worst part of it was the tagline:
    ''We've sensed it. We've seen the signs. Now... It's happening.''

But, I still have hope that at least he shouldn't have to use his dangerous creativity on this one and he just should try to be loyal to the original story.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Melike - You need to play the Movie Title Drinking Game then... whenever any character utters the title of the movie ... DRINK !!!!

This is usually a more successful game if the movie title is a name.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Melike - You need to play the Movie Title Drinking Game then... whenever any character utters the title of the movie ... DRINK !!!!

This is usually a more successful game if the movie title is a name.
    Haha, I am not sure it would end without an intoxication case.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Happening gave new meaning to awful.

M. Night has to start turning this around soon.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I have to agree with everyone else. The Happening is easily one of the worst films I've ever seen, it really baffles my mind that it was even greenlit in the first place.

And Carriers sounds really good. I'm going to have to check it out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I haven't seen The Happening, but I've read the numerous reviews on it's suckage-factor
    I'm not sure suckage-factor even begins to describe the awfulness that is plants destroying humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And Carriers sounds really good. I'm going to have to check it out.
    That was out awhile back and was waiting for it to come out in theaters in MD, but I never saw it anywhere near me. I was pretty suprised when I saw it in Wal-mart the other day, as I hadn't expected a DVD release so quickly.

I too am eager to see it however. SK enjoyed it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

For the longest time I thought Airbender and [Cameron's] Avatar were the same movie. Both started their hype years ahead of time it seems.

The worst thing Shyamalan has ever done to me was the last few seconds of Unbreakable. he can never turn that around, unless he goes back and edits it out!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i want to see "crazy heart" with jeff bridges. it looked really good, and is supposed to give him an oscar nod....something he def. deserves.

but alas it was only released in limited theaters. wtf is that!
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If Mr. Shyamalan took the highest points of all his movies he could make one damn good commercial...or he could just take all the movies in his lifetime and come up with a mediocre film, but just one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

As with most smaller films ... I suspect Crazy Heart will be put into wider release as soon as the Oscar nominations are announed ( on Tuesday!!!!!! ).

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Maybe someday soon I will have one less thing to complain about (link): Why are there so few female film-makers?

Once, the dearth of women directors could be traced to the small numbers entering film school. These days, that's not the case. Lauzen says women are now well represented in US film schools, while Neil Peplow, of the UK training organisation Skillset, says women make up around 34% of directing *students in Britain. That translates into a large number of female *graduates making short films, but few moving on to features.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Edge of Darkness

Mel Gibson is back, and he's angry.

Edge of Darkness doesn't try to reinvent the wheel of the revenge flick genre, but it's a welcome addition. Mel Gibson is a straight-laced, hard-nosed Boston cop who picks his daughter up from the airport. She's home for what feels like minutes when she is killed by a masked man.

The rest of the film unfolds in pretty paint by numbers style with Mel Gibson trying to get to the bottom of who killed his daughter. There's a little bit of a mystery mixed in that leads us to believe that Gibson's daughter may not exactly have been Daddy's little girl.

Maybe the best part of the film is Ray Winstone. He plays a corporate cleaner who's intentions are so vague that every scene he shares with Gibson is overflowing with tension because you just don't know if he's on Gibson's side or if he's going to kill him.

Spoiler:
    The film also feature one of the best "hit by a car scenes" you will ever see"

My only problem with the film is that Gibson's daughter is killed so soon into the film that we really don't get a feel for their relationship. Throughout the film, there are some flashbacks sprinkled in showing his daughter as a young girl. The scenes work well to tug at our heart strings, but it doesn't help give us a good view of the current relationship between father and daughter.

Never the less, Gibson is so brooding it literally looks like he could explode at any moment. If you're a fan Mel Gibson or just love a good revenge movie, then as Mel Gibson's character says, "fasten your seatbelt."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuLI80y0v_s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuLI80y0v_s[/ame]

Country
    Country Flag

i really wanna see that. i love mel gibson, anti-semitic or not
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Has anyone seen Sherlock Holmes? What do you think about it?

My Mood
    Gay

SS - I know I can't go see that Gibson film. The trailer ... he has a gawd-awful Massachusetts accent!

( at least I think that's what it's supposed to be )

ola - With Kathryn Bigelow just winning the DGA Award... I hope that inspires a whole generation of female filmmakers.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    SS - I know I can't go see that Gibson film. The trailer ... he has a gawd-awful Massachusetts accent!

( at least I think that's what it's supposed to be )

ola - With Kathryn Bigelow just winning the DGA Award... I hope that inspires a whole generation of female filmmakers.
    I know what you mean. Gibson's Boston accent was pretty bad. I was able to look past it though. I wish they just let him speak with no accent.

Melike, this is what I wrote about Sherlock Holmes a while back:

The reason why you haven't heard people express their opinion on Sherlock Holmes is probably the people who saw it already forgot about it.

It's one of those films that isn't bad, but it's not exactly good either. It's right in the middle. Kind of like purgatory for films. This is almost a worse place than if the film was god awful.

I thought the action was good and RDJ was excellent, but the whole story just seems kind of lackluster. Also, you're never really given the chance to figure out the mystery with Sherlock. It just gets unfolded for us in the very end and we are all supposed to go, "Ah, I see."

Thank you Still Servant. I see your point. I couldn't decide if it is good or bad, either. I think Robert Downey Jr.'s perfect performance remains at the forefront and makes the movie worth to watch.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/

holy shit, look at that cast! the cameos are gonna be sick
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is the nost insane thing ever.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Gay

Okay... what am I missing .... directed by Sylvester Stallone.

( with the exception of Jason Statham - who I love - :meh: - looks very "already seen that a million times" to me )

Country
    Country Flag

arnold schwarzenegger, sly stone, bruce willis all have a scene together. first time ever. that is enough for me

it is supposed to bring back the old action movies of the 80's and 90's. i think it's a fantastic idea

and sylvester stallone is a good director, directed most the rocky's, wrote all the rocky's, the rambo flicks, wrote most of all his movies actually. and i thought he did fantastic on the most recent rocky
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Gay

Wow... I only liked the first three Rocky films. And then... the rest were sorta boring for me.

I don't know if it will bring back the old action movies, but it sure looks to star everyone who used to be in them!! What? No Chuck Norris? No Jean-Claude VanDamme?

I will have to honestly disagree about Sylvester Stallone being a good director. He's directed a total of 9 films ( two of which haven't been released yet ) ..... and NOT the original Rocky, which was directed by John Avildsen. The other movies were all the Rocky sequels, Staying Alive, Rambo and Paradise Alley. That's a whole lot of crap, in my eyes. Sorry.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've also heard that they're considering releasing it as a PG-13 film. If it is, it probably won't be as good as what the action films of the 80s and 90s were. Personally, I like my action movies to be bloody, over the top, and have absolutely no morals whatsoever. It's one of the reasons why I like Shoot 'Em Up. It's stupid, dumb, and makes no sense whatsoever, but it also knows what it is, and went completely for the R rating.

That, plus it's a film that has the hero shooting up bad guys whilst having sex with Monica Bellucci at the same time. Can you honestly think of anything more brilliant than that?!?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

he wrote the first rocky was all i claimed, and the last rocky was good, in fact better than all but the first one (some even say better than it) according to some. just my two cents...don't have to be an especially good director to make a good action flick anyways lol

and jcvd was asked to be in it, but he turned it down, as well as kurt russell.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 267 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast