Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 267 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Can you imagine
    The only one I've seen in 3D was My Bloody Valentine, but that movie was pretty silly even the 3D couldn't save it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    I wish they made horror movies in 3D.
    Saw VII will be in 3D in October. I don't know how I feel about that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

They're still making Saw movies? I thought they had ended them for some reason.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish they made some GOOD horror movies in 3D.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh come on! jaws 3D wasn't bad!!!.....man i almost had myself going there..
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw a review for the film Fish Tank. It's directed by a woman named Andrea Arnold. The critics were saying that she is a director with a ton of talent and one to watch for sure.

I haven't seen Fish Tank yet, but it looks interesting. She also directed a film called Red Road that the critics were saying is even better than Fish Tank.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1yMOdjyp0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1yMOdjyp0[/ame]
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Can you imagine
    The only one I've seen in 3D was My Bloody Valentine, but that movie was pretty silly even the 3D couldn't save it.
    I wanted to cry after My Bloody Valentine. It was so bad, and caused me pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I wish they made horror movies in 3D.
    Saw VII in 3D? I wonder when they will stop. I loved the first movie. *sigh* I am sure it will be better than My Bloody Valentine. *And I know I can not stop watching them, if they continue.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I wish. *I thought you were not very picky about horror movies. *
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I just saw a review for the film Fish Tank. It's directed by a woman named Andrea Arnold. The critics were saying that she is a director with a ton of talent and one to watch for sure.

I haven't seen Fish Tank yet, but it looks interesting. She also directed a film called Red Road that the critics were saying is even better than Fish Tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1yMOdjyp0
    It looks good. I haven't seen any movies of her but I think I should see this one.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not! I love bad horror movies too, but I really don't like the idea (or lack thereof) in making remakes.

If you rescue me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw VII in 3D? I wonder when they will stop. I loved the first movie. *sigh* I am sure it will be better than My Bloody Valentine. *And I know I can not stop watching them, if they continue.*
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, VI was really, really good but I can't image Saw XVII being that great.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

About to watch Inglorious Basterds, looking forward to it

Edit: Okay, I watched it. People said it was historically inacurate, I underestimated how unaccurate it is. I prefer this ending though. I absolutely loved the film, now, having only seen 4 Tarantino films (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 and 2 and IB), I don't know how much this applies to his work, but that film had a very distinctive feel to it, like when that Hugo was it? Came on screen and his name came up too, I really liked that, it made me think of Kill Bill.

I'd like to look into more of Tarantino's work, so if you have any suggestions that I should check out, it'd be much appreciated.

Now I just have to watch Valkeryie
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Reservoir Dogs of course. That's a must.

Also, Jackie Brown is one of his more underrated works. It doesn't get enough attention for being a really good film. It tends to get overshadowed by Pulp Fiction and Dogs.

If I were you I would only watch Death Proof when you have run out of all things QT and are just looking to consume anything else he's done. I like it more than most people, but it has its fair share of detractors.

You might also be interested in True Romance. He wrote that. He also created the story for Natural Born Killers.

Have fun with Dogs and Jackie Brown. Two of my favs for sure.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

natural born killers is def. different, kind of out there. but you have to check out reservoir dogs, jackie brown, and pulp fiction again. they are beautifully done
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

I'm not! I love bad horror movies too, but I really don't like the idea (or lack thereof) in making remakes.
    I hate remakes and I didn't mean that. It is the real horror when they remake especially Asian movies.

Yes Reservoir Dogs is a must. You're gonna love it.

Melike what'd you think of Ponyo and Where the Wild Things are?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate remakes and I didn't mean that. It is the real horror when they remake especially Asian movies.

Well if they remake them I wouldn't know the difference generally since I've seen few.

If you rescue me

I will warn you Bricey.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody heard of a film called Carriers? A while back my On Demand had the trailer for it. It looked good, so I waited for it to open in a theater near me. Alas, it never happened.

Well, the other day I found it at Redbox for a buck. I thought it was actually pretty good.

Films like Carriers are interesting. For one reason or another, the studio didn't think enough of it to give it a wide release.

I always find that interesting when I look at all the garbage that hits our silver screen every weekend. What makes some films worthy and other not?

Carriers isn't your typical apocalypse movie and that's probably why nobody got behind it. It's not a horror film. There aren't hordes of infected people running around trying to kill people.

Carriers is about survival. How far will we go to survive? What kind of choices will we be forced to make in order stay alive? It's also a film about brotherhood.

It's a shame a movie like Carriers never got to see the light of day. If you like films of a similar nature, then you should like this one. Just don't expect tons of zombie action.

Stephen King even wrote an article about the film in Entertainment Weekly. Here it is:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20309453,00.html

New movie posters for The Last Airbender:

Please Shayamalan don't mess it up.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wonder if the Last Airbender will be released as the Legend of Aang in the UK. That's what they called the cartoon series, at least. Why rename one and not the other? (Which is the big question I have for why they didn't rename The Golden Compass film "Northern Lights" for UK audiences. But I heard it was shit, or simply not as good as the brilliant original novel, so I'm not too bothered about that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Films like Carriers are interesting. For one reason or another, the studio didn't think enough of it to give it a wide release.

I always find that interesting when I look at all the garbage that hits our silver screen every weekend. What makes some films worthy and other not?
    I know exactly what you mean. Both me and my dad really, really want to see the new Ian Dury biopic Sex & Drugs & Rock N Roll. I recently saw the trailer for it, and I was amazed at just how Andy Serkis looks and sounds like Ian Dury. For someone who grew up on this legend's songs, seeing this film is a must!

So imagine my horror at finding out that my local cinema isn't showing it. You've got Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 showing, but you don't have Ian fucking Dury?!?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of hopes for The Last Airbender...

....Shayamalan's posters are usually better than his movies.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

You are right Pam. But I so badly want this movie to be really good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I might give Airbender a chance, the movie looked ... decent from the trailers. But then again, so did Lady In The Water and The Village , so we'll see.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I think I might give Airbender a chance, the movie looked ... decent from the trailers. But then again, so did Lady In The Water and The Village , so we'll see.
    *cough, cough* The Happening. *cough, cough* talking plants.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 267 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast