Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 267 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched "Deadline." So cliched. The generic horror movie.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading Feev's opinion on Dr. Parnassus finally tipped the scales for me, so two friends and I watched it together last night.
    Out of all the people I know that have already watched the movie, I think we three are the only ones who have said that it definitely isn't a masterpiece. Either that, or we're just not artsy enough or smart enough to appreciate Terry Gilliam's genius. And we love Brazil, Fear and Loathing, and Monty Python, so we're not entirely unfamiliar to Gilliam's style of moviemaking.
    I just think the plot was a mess. The movie set off to do too many things at the same time in what I considered to be a feeble attempt at coming across as overly creative, and it only made for weak character development. I didn't care about the drunken Dr. Parnassus or about baby-faced Valentina. You only really care about Tony and that's probably only because he's played by Heath & Co.
    The movie shines in certain scenes and you get a glimpse of what it could have been, but I don't think it reached its maximum potential by a long shot.
    I might watch it again tomorrow, see if I change my mind, but I give it a pretty solid 70/100.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    it's about this guy who's job requires him to travel around the world firing people. He absolutely loves the freedom that this gives him, however things kinda change when his company decides to ground their employees.
    Thanks. I was curious to know.

What does everyone think of The Book of Eli? Looks interesting to me, though from the trailers it kind of seems like I Am Legend II.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

I will see Book of Eli because a.)it looks like Fallout:the Movie and b.)Tom Waits is in it somewhere - although it's another one that I don't expect to be a Good Movie in an artistic way.. I have been stressed and in the mood for brainless action lately!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like it's pretty good. Gary Oldman's in it, so I'm sure his part will add an interesting dynamic to the story. Like Up In the Air, I'm limited in knowing what the film is about.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You play Fallout ?

And I'm going to see The Book of Eli for three reasons -
    1. Denzel Washington
    2. Gary Oldman
    3. Post-apocalyptic setting.

These three things are ingredients for Epic Win

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking forward to The Book of Eli since I saw the trailer about a year ago. The poor reviews it's receiving are kind of bumming me out, but I still want to see it.

I also want to see Daybreakers. Has anybody seen it?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You play Fallout ?
    me on halloween

1. Denzel Washington
    2. Gary Oldman
    3. Post-apocalyptic setting.
    Yes, those too.

In the Good Movies category I finally got to see Bad Lieutenant and was not disappointed. Definitely one of the best of the year. I can't wait to see what Herzog did with David Lynch (who produced My Son, My Son what have Ye Done).

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

David Lynch alone is enough to make me watch any movie.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I keep getting my head wrapped up between the "new" Bad Lieutenant and the Harvey Kietel Bad Lieutenant that I saw years and years ago.

You'd think there would be some kind of copyright or something on movie titles.

And ola? I love the picture!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    I can't wait to see what Herzog did with David Lynch (who produced My Son, My Son what have Ye Done).
    This one looks good. I can't wait to see it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I went to see Daybreakers today after being pretty excited to see it. Though, I was pretty disappointed in the movie as a whole. The trailer was awesome and really made me anticipate the film even more, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

The acting and writing was pretty sub-par (cheesy lines, predictability, etc.) and the plot was all over the place. I definitely think they had the right idea with the concept and overall feel of the film but it just missed the mark and ultimately led to its downfall. I think it would have helped if there was a portion of the movie showing the details of the event leading to the vampire change.

The ending is another thing I have a problem about.
    Spoiler:
    It's a total "ride off into the sunset" type of ending (kind of literally too). Kind of like the writers didn't know how to end the movie, so they didn't. Lame "cliffhanger". There was no resolution at all in my opinion. So Edward, Audrey, and Elvis just go around changing anyone who wants to be changed? And we're supposed to care why?

Overall, it wasn't what I had expected and I was disappointed in the lack of character development and plot. They might of well called the film, "Exploding Vampire Heads".
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm heading to see it tomorrow. I was excited about it but now you've got me worried. I'll let you know what I think.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be interested to see if you had the same thoughts as me. There were some very well directed scenes, but that's only one of the few pluses it had.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yeah like I said, it was totally cheesy and b-movie-ish, I think I was just in the right mood for that kind of movie. This is why I should never be a critic.

Re: Bad Lieutenant, I think what makes that even more confusing is that the new one is related in part to the older one, but it's not a remake or a sequel. I notice it didn't play in many theaters either (we had to go the ripped-screener torrent route) - maybe they didn't know exactly how to market it, either.

I wish Lynch would go back to film and not digital. Besides that one complaint, I too will watch absolutely anything by him. We got to see him at town hall once. Me that night =

And although it seems like I've been plastering pictures of myself all over this thread, I still have to share our brief photo op:

joyous occaision

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if I'd say I "loved" it, but I did really enjoy the film, especially the Clooney role, and I don't think I've ever written or said anything complimentary about George Clooney...ever. It's not one of the best movies I've seen in the past few years, but I thought it was very entertaining.

I'm probably going to see "An Education" sometime this week.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

ola !!!

Why the heck did you spoiler that!!!

WIN !! WIN !!!! WIN !!!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Ola, that is awesome!

So I saw Daybreakers last night. I enjoyed it but it wasn't anything fantastic. I was a little disappointed because I think I just had higher hopes for it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, Ola!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm f'n dying to see The White Ribbon ! When is it coming out on DVD damnit ?!!?!?

I'm f'n dying to see The White Ribbon ! When is it coming out on DVD damnit ?!!?!?
    Did you check theaters? I thought it was currently playing?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ola !!!

Why the heck did you spoiler that!!!

WIN !! WIN !!!! WIN !!!!!
    I keep using spoiler tags for photos because I'm obsessive about not breaking page layouts w/wide photos. I know, it's dumb.

Next time I'll try to get a Lynch side-hug!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Did you check theaters? I thought it was currently playing?
    I think it will not be shown here in theatres.
    It looks great. How can I be patient?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You cannot be patient. You must be doctor.

If you rescue me

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ola, that is awesome!

So I saw Daybreakers last night. I enjoyed it but it wasn't anything fantastic. I was a little disappointed because I think I just had higher hopes for it.
    I saw Daybreakers too and I feel the same way as Heather and Ricky. I enjoyed it, but just barely.

After watching the trailer, I thought we were going to get a film with a noir feel and an intellectual spin on the vampire universe. At first, I think we were getting that, then the film turned into a dumb action movie with over the top scenes of gore.

I'm not uptight about blood and guts, I just think that it was sometimes so over the top that it took away from the serious subject matter.

I also saw The Lovely Bones the other night. I'm not sure how it happened, but I got stuck smack dab right in the middle of a girls' night out.

I went with my Mom, sister, aunt and her friend. We had a lot of fun and I enjoyed the film more than I thought I would.

Before I saw the movie, I was about a third of the way through the book. My sister said it stayed pretty faithful to the book.

I thought the acting was really good and the special effects were amazing.

I did have some problems with the film:

Spoiler:
    I would have liked a little more interaction between the husband and wife. A few more scenes of showing them grieving would have been nice. I also would have cut Susan Sarandon's character back. I don't think she added much to the film.

Also, the ending is literally laughable. You could literally hear people laugh. That's never good. From what I understand, the ending was changed from the book a bit.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 267 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast