Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 267 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    As to the movie theater that shows classics: I have long had an idea for a theatre/bar combination. We don't have any theaters that serve alcohol, and I think that it would go over big. If that idea were combined with a classic movie theater, I think it would be a hit.

I even have a good name......"The Pitcher Show"

All rights reserved.
    Awesome!! We have one here in Michigan...in Novi as a matter of fact. My only problem with the idea of a bar/theater is....well, when you say classic, do you mean with intermission and all? Because my buddy wanted to go to this bar/theater for the Lord of the Rings movies, and there was no way in hell I was going to be able to drink and NOT take a piss break for 2 1/2 hours.

OH ya...I like the name too..."The Pitcher Show"...sound cool!

That idea is kind of up there with my buddies....Laundry mat and bar idea. I think he wanted to call it Soap N Suds
    We actually had a Laundry mat/bar/grill in Lubbock on 4th street called Grubs N Suds. A couple years ago though, they took out the laundrymat and called it 4th Street Sports Bar.

Had more character as Grubs N Suds.

And of coarse the Theater/Bar would have both intermission, and every ticket would be a double feature.

On second thought, there would be no tickets, I would only charge for alcohol.
    You might have just talked me into moving!!
    Cheers!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed! Actually until recently I'd always been led to believe he (and his wife) was from Sicily, but recently I found out he was from Naples. Apparently he did come over on a boat from Sicily, but had spent most if not all of his life in Naples. Still one would have a hard time finding a more Italian sounding name than Giovanni Callevro.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

PAul Thomas Anderson! Paul Thomas Anderson!
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I watched Bell, Book, and Candle the other night after there was some talk about it in another thread. I quite enjoyed it. I just love Jimmy Stewart. I think I'm going to rent Harvey soon, as I've never seen that one either.
    Heather!!

So glad you enjoyed it. It's really a forgotten gem, IMO. Lots of fun, and classy, and charming as all get out.

If you're a Jimmy Stewart fan you must get Harvey and .... The Philadelphia Story ( Jimmy Stewart, Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant ). One of my all time favorite movies... ever.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    I know right ?! I honestly don't know how many times I've read the article on The Master, but each time I do my little fanboy heart squees in delight !

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    If you're a Jimmy Stewart fan you must get Harvey and .... The Philadelphia Story ( Jimmy Stewart, Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant ). One of my all time favorite movies... ever.
    I saw that one earlier this year. I think you even recommended it to me And I don't think you can really go wrong with those three in a film together.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I know right ?! I honestly don't know how many times I've read the article on The Master, but each time I do my little fanboy heart squees in delight !
    I'm really looking forward to his next film too. My only issue is that for some reason I just can't stand Philip Seymour Hoffman, and PTA just loves to cast him in his films.
    Has there been an estimated date for when the film might be released? Are we talking a year, or a couple years away?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I saw that one earlier this year. I think you even recommended it to me And I don't think you can really go wrong with those three in a film together.
    Spoken like a true movie lover.

Looking forward to anything PTA does. He's amazing. And he casts perfectly.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really looking forward to his next film too. My only issue is that for some reason I just can't stand Philip Seymour Hoffman, and PTA just loves to cast him in his films.
    Has there been an estimated date for when the film might be released? Are we talking a year, or a couple years away?
    Better be just a year. And Phil Hoffman is one of my favorite actors, so I'm issueless.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i have 2 dvds here. pelham 1,2,3 and max pain (payne, paine.. whatever). i dont want to watch either, but im bored and its either watch one of those or go to sleep. which one?
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

sorry I've only seen max Payne (...or whatever) so I couldn't really tell you which one.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

pelham 123 wasnt too bad. I saw it in the theater. It is your typical Denzel Washington movie.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by <ô> bango skank <ô> View Post
    i have 2 dvds here. pelham 1,2,3 and max pain (payne, paine.. whatever). i dont want to watch either, but im bored and its either watch one of those or go to sleep. which one?
    Go to sleep.

Then in the morning, return both movies and rent the original Pelam 1,2,3.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by <ô> bango skank <ô> View Post
    Go to sleep.

Then in the morning, return both movies and rent the original Pelam 1,2,3.
    This.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I saw the new film Brothers the other night. I highly, highly recommend this one. I have to say the movie was nothing like what I thought it was going to be based on the trailer but I absolutely loved it. It pretty much deals with the effect war has on not only an individual but also the family as a whole.

The acting was top notch by everyone in the film. Tobey, Jake, and Natalie all did a superb job. But I have to give props to Bailee Madison who played one of the daughters. She had so much emotion for such a young actress. I think this one could definitely be a contender for some Oscars.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I been looking forward to Brothers since I read about it in EW's winter movie preview.

I really like Jake Gyllenhaal and I've liked Natalie Portman since I saw her in Leon when I was 12. I'm happy you enjoyed the film, because I think this means I will like it.

Has anybody seen The Messenger? That's another film that I want to see. I heard it shares some themes with Brothers.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone else been keeping up with Avatar news/reviews? IGN stated that the movie is a cinematic landmark. I've also been reading a slew of other advanced reviews and they have all been overwhelmingly positive. My hype factor just increased by %105.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No, Feev!! Don't do it. Hyping the movie up too much means you will not enjoy it.

That's why I like lowering my expectations. It's like when I was in school. I would think to myself that I failed a test, then when I got it back and it was like a 70 I would be pumped.

Has anybody seen The Messenger? That's another film that I want to see. I heard it shares some themes with Brothers.
    I just looked it up, hadn't even heard of it. It sounds really good though. I don't see it playing at any theaters right by me, is it anywhere near you?

My Mood
    Gay

Feev - re: Avatar. I heard someone say that the special effects are simply stunning but that the story is really lacking.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just looked it up, hadn't even heard of it. It sounds really good though. I don't see it playing at any theaters right by me, is it anywhere near you?
    The only place that is playing it near me is a theater in Hartford. They usually only show small Indy films that don't normally get wide releases. That's where I saw the Hurt Locker.

It's an old little theater, but it's the only way to see some of the more artsy films.

I also just saw Brothers. I really enjoyed it. Some of the best acting you will see in a film all year. I highly recommend it. Even the little girls were amazing.

The only place that is playing it near me is a theater in Hartford. They usually only show small Indy films that don't normally get wide releases. That's where I saw the Hurt Locker.

It's an old little theater, but it's the only way to see some of the more artsy films.

I also just saw Brothers. I really enjoyed it. Some of the best acting you will see in a film all year. I highly recommend it. Even the little girls were amazing.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I was blown away by the film. The acting really was phenomenal by all.

And I might just have to take a ride down to Hartford. It's really not that far from me. There are a couple of small indie theaters in Northampton, but I didn't see it playing at any of them.

My Mood
    Gay

Hurt Locker is doing great in the award catagories. It's been picked on several lists and made the running in one or two events! I'm thrilled about this !! Great to see K.Bigelow get some appreciation.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How the hell did The Hurt Locker slip by my radar ?! Was I too busy drooling over Watchmen ?! Is the DVD out yet ?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How the hell did The Hurt Locker slip by my radar ?! Was I too busy drooling over Watchmen ?! Is the DVD out yet ?

YES!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Feev - Hurt Locker is out on DVD on January 12th. It actually never opened in a theater close to me, which sucks buckets. I'll defintely see it before the Oscars, but still...

... also, there's a chance ( a chance!! ) that it might be re-released into theaters since the buzz is so strong now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 267 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast