Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 267 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, you should. It's sort of awesome. When you're done with Argento's films I'm ready to steer you toward your next great horror director.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh excellent! You know I love my horror films

Would you recommend I watch those before Tenebre?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you have Tenebre on hand go ahead and watch it for sure, but if not I'd get those two right away after watching Suspiria.

Yes, I know.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know why, but the more trailers I see for Sherlock Holmes, the less enthusiastic I get ...

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I don't know why, but the more trailers I see for Sherlock Holmes, the less enthusiastic I get ...
    cant say i was ever excited, as soon as i saw the first trailer my blood ran cold. its more like sherlock holmes on acid meets fast and furious. i think when the horse and trailer turned a corner and sparks came off the wheel i just thought, nah i dont think so

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i watched "horsemen" the other day, with dennis quaid. it was pretty good! very predictable, but pretty good
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

feverishparade and candy, if you want something that'll kick that Sherlock Holmes movie's arse, shit on it, cover it in gasoline and set it on fire, then keep an eye out for a new BBC series coming soon called Sherlock, a modern day take on the character.

By rights, that sounds like something that would be complete and utter shit, but of course...

...it's written by Steven Moffat. Writer of the BEST episodes of Doctor Who EVER and Jekyll, one of the BEST updated versions of the old Jekyll and Hyde story EVER.

That's all we need to know really, isn't it?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a bone to pick with my old friend Clint Eastwood. I saw the trailer the other day for Invictus and it got me thinking that two years in a row Clint Eastwood has directed films with titles that are not easily recognizable.

Last year was Changeling and now this year it's Invictus. I really do think that the success of Changeling suffered due to the fact that people didn't understand what the title of the film meant.

Am I putting too much into the title of a film? I know the script writing book I have says that the title of a film should be instantly recognizable and (if possible) hint at what the film is about.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I saw The Fourth Kind this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. I liked the premise of the film, and how they added in "actual" footage. I thought it was a nice touch, and it gave the film a more realistic feel. And I don't know if I'm just growing soft with my age, but this is actually the second film I've seen in a row in the theater that has really creeped me out.
    Has anyone here seen it yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    feverishparade and candy, if you want something that'll kick that Sherlock Holmes movie's arse, shit on it, cover it in gasoline and set it on fire, then keep an eye out for a new BBC series coming soon called Sherlock, a modern day take on the character.

By rights, that sounds like something that would be complete and utter shit, but of course...

...it's written by Steven Moffat. Writer of the BEST episodes of Doctor Who EVER and Jekyll, one of the BEST updated versions of the old Jekyll and Hyde story EVER.

That's all we need to know really, isn't it?
    well that got me interested straight away

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested - which probably no one is - if they go to Youtube and watch the official trailer of a film called Red Mist, the buildings, rooms and sports hall where much of the film was shot are all on the campus of the University College where I work...just so you can all be that little bit closer to me....

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Now THIS looks super-cool !!!

SALT starring Angelina Jolie
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw 2012 the other day and I have to admit, I really liked it.

I've always been a fan of disaster films, and 2012 follows the same formula. The special effects are amazing. It might be worth the price of admission just to see them.

The cast is pretty strong as well. Chiwetel Ejiofor is the heart of the film. He's one of my favorite up and coming actors right now.

If you are able to suspend belief, then I think you will enjoy 2012. There's nothing really original going on here, but with the standard disaster movie cliches and the special effects, you're sure to have a fun time at the theater.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

This looks really good.

If you rescue me

Brice I watched Inferno the other night. It was ok, but I liked Suspiria a lot more. I do really love his films from a visual perspective though. And also the music in his films

So does he have something with having women get out of a cab and be dropped off by themselves somewhere in the pouring rain. That same scene was in both movies. Or was it just those particular two films that he used that in?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly don't recall if that comes up in his other films. Yes though, Suspiria is the best of the trilogy followed by Mother Of Tears. Inferno is the weaker film in my opinion. Still good, but not as good.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

This looks really good.
    Yea, and we only have to wait until July 2010 to see it.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Angelina Jolie ...

:/

My Mood
    Gay

Feev - I think the drool emoticon is still available!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I fear you're right Pam! The drool emoticon is appropriate, seeing as how the majority of her films make me want to Zzzzz ....

My Mood
    Gay

Ah, I fear you're right Pam! The drool emoticon is appropriate, seeing as how the majority of her films make me want to Zzzzz ....
    Oh, I see.

I think she's a great actress, actually. And I like her action movies, too.

She the ultimate and perfect casting for Tomb Raider and I loved it to death.

Mr and Mrs Smith was a lot of fun and I thought she rocked Wanted.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

ahem
    after watching a certain film last night I feel it is my god/bakshi given duty to tell everyone I can

That Cool World is the most awesome movie EVER!!!!

that is all
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Gay

Um... do you mean Cool World.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I see.

I think she's a great actress, actually. And I like her action movies, too.

She the ultimate and perfect casting for Tomb Raider and I loved it to death.

Mr and Mrs Smith was a lot of fun and I thought she rocked Wanted.
    I'm looking forward to Salt.

You guys may or may not know this, but Jolie's character was originally meant for Tom Cruise.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It was also going to go to Johnny Depp, apparently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 267 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast