Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 267 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

That reassures me that I made a good decision picking Persepolis before Coraline.
    Do you know if you get 3-D glasses when you rent it?

I'm thinking of watching 回路 (Kairo/Pulse) later on tonight.
    I was told it's pretty good, and even though I've stayed away from horror films for most of my life, I'll probably really like J-Horror.

Paper Heart comes out tomorrow in selected theaters in the US.
    I'm 99.99% sure that doesn't include PR, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    I like lovey movies every once in a while.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I doubt it. I got it from netflix and it was just the regular version. I think you might have to buy it to get the 3-D version.

It's been years since I saw Pulse, but I just remember not liking it. I think there are much better J-Horror films. Dark Water, Infection, Ringu, Premonition, Uzumaki, and a few of the Tomie ones I really enjoyed. I'd recommend checking one of those out first.

And I'm going to have to check out Persepolis. Your combo has me intrigued.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

My Blockbuster doesn't carry any J-films.
    I just have Kairo because they gave it on HBO or Showtime or something and I recorded it.
    But now I'm not so eager to see it. Haha.
    Thanks for all the recommendations, though.
    I think I can find those in Video Ave.

And do check out Persepolis.
    I absolutely loved it.
    Still trying to convince the 'rents to watch it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Netflix has it online so I'll probably watch it soon. I'll let you know what I think.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, uh, Heather?

Spoiler:
    Forgetting something?
    Spoiler:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather, Them has officially moved to the top of my must watch movie list. I'll be sure to find it and let you know what I think.

I've seen a bunch of movies recently. I will list them and write a short review:

Bruno

I really enjoyed Borat and my friends and I constantly quote the film. I knew Bruno wouldn't be as good and it definitely wasn't. The beginning of the film was particularly uneven. It just seemed like it could not get going. That being said, the second half was really funny. Once the film found it's rhythm, it took off. It doesn't compare to Borat, but it's still funny. I do think at times they depend too much on naked gags to get laughs.

Public Enemies

I have been looking forward to this film for over a year. When the mixed reviews started coming in I got a little bummed out, but there was no way I was missing it. I didn't love it as much as I wanted to. There seemed to be something missing. I can't really put my finger on it. I love Depp but I thought he actually gave an underwhelming performance. There are some great shoot out scenes, but I think the film lacked that big scene that really hooks the viewer and then forces you to love the film from that point.

The Hurt Locker

Wow...just wow. It might not deserve all the rave reviews it's getting, but it deserves most of them. It's by far the best film about the current war in Iraq. I think this film captured the war in Iraq and what the soldiers are going through perfectly. It was one of the most intense films I've ever seen. I just hope it does well once it gets its wide release.

Funny People

I'm an Apatow whore. I admit it. I've loved every film he's made and I've been looking forward to Funny People since it was announced. This film is a little different than other Apatow films in the sense that it deals with more mature content. That's not to say there aren't still plenty of penis jokes to go around.

I didn't love it was much as Knocked up, but I did like it just as much as 40 Year Old Virgin. The film features some of our favorite Apatow disciples. Seth Rogen might just be the best comedic actor going right now. Jonah Hill might pack more laughter per movie minute than anybody right now. Leslie Mann is spot on as usual. There are a ton of cameos so if you love cameos, then you're going to have fun during this film.

I don't want to hype the film up too much because I don't want people to be disappointed, but it's definitely one of the better comedies of the year. Also, Adam Sandler once again proves he can act when he's given the material.

Ok, that's it. Now go to the movies.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I hated Public Enemies. I just can't believe Michael mann made a film that kept me at such a distance.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Hey, uh, Heather?

Spoiler:
    Forgetting something?
    Spoiler:

hmmm, nothing's showing up in that spoiler for me

But I do promise to watch it. I'll add it to my netflix queue right now, just for for you

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    That reassures me that I made a good decision picking Persepolis before Coraline.
    Do you know if you get 3-D glasses when you rent it?

I'm thinking of watching 回路 (Kairo/Pulse) later on tonight.
    I was told it's pretty good, and even though I've stayed away from horror films for most of my life, I'll probably really like J-Horror.

Paper Heart comes out tomorrow in selected theaters in the US.
    I'm 99.99% sure that doesn't include PR, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    I like lovey movies every once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I doubt it. I got it from netflix and it was just the regular version. I think you might have to buy it to get the 3-D version.

It's been years since I saw Pulse, but I just remember not liking it. I think there are much better J-Horror films. Dark Water, Infection, Ringu, Premonition, Uzumaki, and a few of the Tomie ones I really enjoyed. I'd recommend checking one of those out first.

And I'm going to have to check out Persepolis. Your combo has me intrigued.
    Did somebody mention Persepolis? For a person like me living in a country stucked in between west and east, Persepolis was a great and weird experience for me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Leo, Ridley Adapting Brave New World
    Rumors confirmed as duo take on classic sci-fi novel.
    by Jim Vejvoda

August 6, 2009 - Confirming rumors that first surfaced last year, Ridley Scott is set to direct a feature film version of the Aldous Huxley classic Brave New World, with Leonardo DiCaprio being lined up to produce and possibly star in it.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Scott's adaptation of the dystopian, sci-fi tome is set-up at Universal. DiCaprio's Appian Way production company owns the rights to the book. Farhad Safinia (Apocalypto) has been hired to script.

"Much of the timing going forward will depend on the script. Scott is not committed to direct an go projects beyond Robin Hood, his period actioner which is shooting in England. DiCaprio is shooting the Christopher Nolan adventure tale Inception but does not have a movie lined up after that," the trade reports.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You may have heard by now, but John Hughes died. He was only 59. I will forever be thankful to him for Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's one of my favorite films off all time.

(side note) Feev, is Ferris Bueller in the best movie character off all time tourney? He should be.

Also, I heard about the Brave New World movie. I love that book. I'm a sucker for utopian societies. I hope it's better than the made for tv movie one they made a while back.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone else seen The Hurt Locker? I just watched it and am still trying to decide exactly what I think of it. It is pretty gritty (two words: body bomb) and has some good, realistic action sequences. Of course, it was mainly about how war affected the main characters so
    Spoiler:
    there is not really a climax and resolution in the movie. As close as you get is the main character failing to save a man, calming down his upset partner, and then realizing that the only thing he truly loves is the thrill of defusing bombs even though he has a family he should love more.
    I know the director did this to focus on what war does to people and not the actions themselves but I am not sure if it was the most effective way to end.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw A Perfect Getaway yesterday and enjoyed it. If you plan on seeing it, I would advise you to avoid all movie reviews for it prior to viewing.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

But how many beers on the RFSPRS?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Rube - I've been hearing good things about Hurt Locker. It's directed by Kathryn Bigelow, who also directed Near Dark.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Funny People...AND I LOVED IT!

The people who are complaining about it being two and a half hours-long are just being surly bastards, because I went to the bathroom for two minutes in the middle of the film and still enjoyed watching the rest of the movie.

Basing a film around a group of comedians, which isn't a comedy, is brilliant, IMO.

Judd Apatow is a genius, except for that Forgetting Sarah Marshall piece of shit he produced. I would have taken my name off of that one if I was him.

Country
    Country Flag

I was going to watch Funny People on Friday, but I ended up watching it on the Internet yesterday, and I guess I didn't enjoy it quite as much as you did.
    The length of the movie didn't bother me in the slightest and neither did the seemingly endless delivery of dick jokes.
    I guess I can see where Apatow wanted to go with the movie, but I don't think he succeeded.
    The first half of the movie, I thought, was definitely better than the second one, the one with the love triangle.
    I know we're supposed to feel compassion for Adam Sandler's mean and selfish character, but I personally didn't. Not when he was sick and not when he was trying to get back the girl. In fact, I was a bit jealous of Eric Bana's character when he was beating the shit out of Sandler.
    Apatow tried to mix very strong and often insulting humor with raw, heartfelt emotion, but honestly, I barely felt either.

Maybe I need to see this a second time and with better quality to truly appreciate it, but for now, I'm a little disappointed.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I'm waiting on District 9, which looks like a good film. Apparently the pre-screening was received with unanimous applause.

My Mood
    Gay

I just read a rave in Rolling Stone for District 9, razzle ( 3 1/2 stars out of 4 ). Looks very good to me.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Let's see, I don't know where to begin, I've seen a bunch of movies recently.

I'll start with The Orphan. I have to say I was very disappointed with this one. I was expecting something a lot better. Wasn't really even scary. If you're interesting in seeing this one, I'd say to definitely wait till it comes out on dvd. No need to rush to see it in the theater.

Near Dark. After all the praise it was getting on these boards, I just had to check it out. And I'm sorry to say, I didn't really care for it. I had a hard time getting into it. I'm going to have to stick with my previous assumption, that The Lost Boys is far superior. Sorry guys
    Now I do have one question. The dvd I got was cracked so I missed probably about 15min of the film, and some parts after that were a bit jumpy,
    Spoiler:
    so how did Caleb become human again? Was it a blood transfusion?

And last but not least, I finally watched Predator
    I enjoyed it. Although I will say that I am not an action film fan, so honestly the beginning of the film bored me, but once the predator appeared it got really good. How are the follow up films Feev, would recommend any of them?

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I watched The Soloist last night with my roomie.
    Honestly, I hadn't even heard of it before we went to Blockbuster, but it looked good so we picked it up.
    For the most part I liked it, though some parts did drag.
    Robert Downey Jr. is one of my faves though, so anything he's in has a redeeming aspect.

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't particularly interested in watching Julie & Julia, but I'm pretty glad my parents took me to watch it with them today because it really was quite charming. Although I felt like it started off a bit slow and droned on at times making the movie way longer than necessary, I enjoyed watching it and had a couple of laughs.
    Meryl Streep did a great job as Julia Child even though she looked a little weird being that big, and Amy Adams, though less bitchy than she was supposed to be, did a great job as Julie Powell.

Meh. Pretty cool movie.

My Mood
    Gay

Paula - It's on my list to see. Without a doubt Meryl will get nominated for an Oscar.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope so.
    I really liked her as Julia Child.
    Definitely more than as Sister Aloysius last year.

My Mood
    Gay

She's an AMPAS favorite and without a doubt, they love her. I think the nomination is a lock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 267 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast