Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 267 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Anyone here see Doubt?
    I watched it the other night. Pretty good, and I'm kinda curious what your opinions were.
    end of film spoiler
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That was the least spoilerish spoiler I've ever seen.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know, I just didn't want to chance spoiling anything for anyone.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Like the trailer?
    Spoiler:

spoiler for Seymour

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? Why?
    Spoiler:
    Nope
    Spoiler:
    Maybe
    Spoiler:
    Still no
    Spoiler:
    Do
    Spoiler:
    You
    Spoiler:
    have
    Spoiler:
    the
    Spoiler:
    patience
    Spoiler:
    for
    Spoiler:
    INGLORIOUS BASTERDS!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, I saw Doubt...

Doubt
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

That was my impression as well. I felt really sad for him at the end of the film.

And I will say that Meryl Streep gave a wonderful performance. I really, really hated her throughout the whole thing.

My Mood
    Gay

Normally, I can't stand Meryl ( I think she's kind of over-rated ) but she nailed that part, for sure.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Zombie War Averted?
    Quantum of Solace helmer talks WWZ.
    by Scott Collura

June 16, 2009 - World War Z, from The Zombie Survival Guide author Max Brooks, is a great little book that details the aftermath of a global struggle of the living versus the dead. And it looks like it's going to stay a book and only a book for a little while longer now, as word has come that the planned movie version from Quantum of Solace director Marc Forster isn't as far along as we previously thought it was.

Chud has happened upon (and translated!) an interview with the helmer from Migros-Magazin which says that Forster is taking up the reigns of a thriller called Disconnect first. That film will "explore how people live today in this world where technology that brings people closer also drives them further apart."

As for World War Z, Forster adds that J. Michael "Londo" Straczynski's script for the project is still "far from realization."

Judging by the episodic and ensemble nature of the book, which lacks a central protagonist, it's not surprising to hear that this is a tough scripting nut to crack.

My Mood
    Gay

Quick post - I watched Henry and June ( again ) and really, Uma Thurman sucks in that part. And, basically, the whole movie sucks. That is all.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Did I post anywhere about my idea for a Pokemon movie written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, starring Samuel L. Jackson as Pikachu, Robert De Niro as Ash, Benicio del Toro as Squirtle, Al Pacino as Meowth, and Danny DeVito as Mew?
    Just fyi, if any movie anywhere has a character named Ash, it's a law that Bruce Campbell must play him.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Zombie War Averted?
    Quantum of Solace helmer talks WWZ.
    by Scott Collura

June 16, 2009 - World War Z, from The Zombie Survival Guide author Max Brooks, is a great little book that details the aftermath of a global struggle of the living versus the dead. And it looks like it's going to stay a book and only a book for a little while longer now, as word has come that the planned movie version from Quantum of Solace director Marc Forster isn't as far along as we previously thought it was.

Chud has happened upon (and translated!) an interview with the helmer from Migros-Magazin which says that Forster is taking up the reigns of a thriller called Disconnect first. That film will "explore how people live today in this world where technology that brings people closer also drives them further apart."

As for World War Z, Forster adds that J. Michael "Londo" Straczynski's script for the project is still "far from realization."

Judging by the episodic and ensemble nature of the book, which lacks a central protagonist, it's not surprising to hear that this is a tough scripting nut to crack.
    Soooo... using the character of the writer/interviewer/editor who talked to the various people and gathered together these numerous stories isn't the logical and obvious method of tying together the different bits?

You really do learn something new every day. *smirk*

On the movie front on my end... Finally saw Bender's Big Score last night. Loved it to pieces. Especially loved the MST3K nods.
    Last edited by Woofer; 06-17-2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Condensation.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Did I post anywhere about my idea for a Pokemon movie written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, starring Samuel L. Jackson as Pikachu, Robert De Niro as Ash, Benicio del Toro as Squirtle, Al Pacino as Meowth, and Danny DeVito as Mew?
    Just fyi, if any movie anywhere has a character named Ash, it's a law that Bruce Campbell must play him.
    [
    Oh my god, how did I not think of that? But then who should De Niro play?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Oh my god, how did I not think of that? But then who should De Niro play?
    Haven't figured out that part yet.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We watched Gran Torino the other night, it was really good imo.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Watched The Reader last night. Excellent film. And I just love Kate Winslet. I don't think I've ever seen a bad performance by her.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

She is a great actress and I love how she's not afraid to get real naked.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    She is a great actress and I love how she's not afraid to get real naked.
    Yeah, she's definitely not inhibited when it comes to that. I have to say I was a bit surprised by all the sex scenes in the film. I wasn't quite expecting that going into it.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, man, I loved Straight Story.... VERY unLynch-like. So unassuming and gentle. I know - weird to call a movie gentle... but it was.
    Definately! It's one of my favourite films

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Anyone here see Doubt?
    I watched it the other night. Pretty good, and I'm kinda curious what your opinions were.
    end of film spoiler
    I don't think Father Flynn was guilty of anything with the black child. I do however think he might have been doing something with the blonde boy.

I don't think he molested him but I think he might have been abusing him.

My thinking behind this is that towards the start of the film the boy is in line and Father Flynn touches him on the shoulder and he recoils. Then when they are in the gym, Father Flynn is showing the boys his fingernails and the same boy backs off.

I also think that's where the boy is getting his cigarettes from. The only other person we see smoking in the film is Father Flynn.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Interesting, I hadn't really thought of that.
    And it's funny how everyone comes to a different conclusion. I was talking to a couple of my friends at work about the film, and they both felt that Father Flynn was guilty, whereas I felt the opposite.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather, I think you are the first female I've seen that thinks Father Flynn was not guilty.

Every female I've talked to thought he did it. On the other hand, almost every male I've talked to thinks he was innocent.

Not sure what that says, but I'm sure it says something.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Gay

<-- also a female who thinks Father Flynn was not guilty.

Well now that you bring that up my two friends that I was talking to about the film happened to both be female? And they were both very adamant that he was guilty. Maybe it's just us Pam

I think part of the reason I was leaning that way, was the contrast between his character and Meryl's. I really, really hated her throughout the whole film, and felt that she was unnecessarily making his life hell. I think it was because of her character that I felt sympathy for Father Flynn. If he was opposite a character that wasn't as strong as she was, it's very possible that I might have felt differently by the end of the film.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 267 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast