Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's a french horror film (also known as Ils) about a couple living in a remote country house in Bucharest. One night they start getting terrorized by these things. Somewhat similar premise as The Strangers, but far superior. It's one of the scariest movies I've ever seen, and I don't scare to easily. It's just non-stop suspense from beginning to end. I'd highly recommend checking it out. And I'd also say don't read a single thing about it before you see it because there's a twist that some reviews might give away, and it's better off not knowing it beforehand.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks! If it's as good as you say i'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for it! I always love to watch horror that sort of stands out from the rest.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    The Children was the exact opposite: relatively low gore but absolutely shit-scary! Loved it! And a British horror film, too! Which was kinda surprising: i may be a bit of a patriotic bastard sometimes but it has gotta be said that over the past decade Britian has done fuck all when it comes to making good horror movies. But The Children, it has gotta be said, was excellent.
    If you say it's shit-scary, I AM GOING TO WATCH IT! A British horror film?? Even better. I say thankya, thankya big-big for the tip!

Pssst.. care to share a IMDB link? I can't seem to find it. gr.

And you wonder why I see nightmares so often. Too much horror watchage.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I was just looking for it on netflix, but they don't seem to have it
    I'll have to search around online for it.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It probably isn't on Netflix yet because it hasn't even been released at the cinemas in the US yet. This was only released December last year in the UK, and it can take a while for certain UK releases to make it to the states, and even then they'd be likely to be limited releases only. Even Shaun of the Dead was released in the US several months after it's massive opening in the UK.

- Melike

oh man, way to get my hopes up DD.
    It probably will take awhile before it gets released over here

Country
    Country Flag

IMDB link, pwetty please? I found only Icelandic and some Asian horror flicks with the keyword 'children'.

And here I thought I was the master of online searching...

Never mind, I found it. I had dropped 'the' off. I'm not English enough to appreciate those a's, an's and the's.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched both Repo!: The Genetic Opera and The Children last night. Repo was loads of fun, TONS of gore, but a film that wasn't meant to be scary or taken seriously. Loved it.

The Children was the exact opposite: relatively low gore but absolutely shit-scary! Loved it! And a British horror film, too! Which was kinda surprising: i may be a bit of a patriotic bastard sometimes but it has gotta be said that over the past decade Britian has done fuck all when it comes to making good horror movies. But The Children, it has gotta be said, was excellent.
    I just hunted down a trailer for this. It looks damn good. There is an older horror movie from '80 or 81 called The Children too. It's totally unrelated, but definitely worth watching if you like zombie movies.

Edit: I haven't seen Them yet, I don't think.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    oh man, way to get my hopes up DD.
    It probably will take awhile before it gets released over here
    Sorry, didn't think. I know how fussy US film companies are about releasing a film from overseas, even if it's in the same language. Not that i'm having a go at the US, understand, just the US movie industry.

Which is a shame that they take so long to release horror films from abroad, because I think horror is one of the few genres that can translate well overseas. The Children does seem to be grabbing interest on a lot of general horror websites, which is what grabbed my interest in the first place, and it's probably because the UK has a particular style of horror because of location: we've got shitloads of castles, even more dark, cloudy skies, and of course, moors and forests, both of which can have plenty of fog and therefore look completely fucking creepy. The Italians are best at bringing a sort of art to their buckets of gore, and the Japanese are good at the ghost stories and curses, as seen in the Ring and the Grudge. The US style at the moment seems to be focused on slasher remakes and torture flicks, so i'm not surprised people are looking for something of a breath of fresh air.

Still, you guys will always have the best action and scifi movies. Mainly because, unlike us UK folk, you've got the money to make 'em!

- Melike

Don't even get me started on the film industry over here. They'll actually edit foreign films, and show cut versions over here. Have you seen The Descent? When they aired it in theaters here they left off the final scene, which completely changes the film! They always have to make it a happy ending. It drives me crazy.

Brice you really should check out Them. It's excellent!

I'm off to go find the trailer for The Children now.

I just watched the trailer. That looks so good!!! I might see if I can hunt it down somewhere.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I am ashamed - ASHAMED! - to admit that i've yet to see the Descent. Just watched a trailer online, and you know what? I'm even more ashamed I've yet to see this awesome film!

Also wanna see from the same director Neil Marshall the film Doomsday, which is basically a tribute to all those epic cult 80s movies like Escape from New York and Mad Max, but of course, set in Britain. From what i hear it's less scary and more...pulpy. It sounds like something i'd read in an issue of 2000AD, which is EXACTLY my kind of film!

- Melike

I am ashamed - ASHAMED! - to admit that i've yet to see the Descent. Just watched a trailer online, and you know what? I'm even more ashamed I've yet to see this awesome film!
    That's another really good one. I'd rank it up there near the top of my favorite horror films list.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Is DESCENT that horrible movie with Piper Perabo?

( going to check imdb )

ETA: Nope... I was thinking of The Cave. Supposed to be this horror/monster movie but mostly it was bad acting in poor lighting.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never watched the Descent either I don't think. It's sitting on the shelf with hundreds (maybe thousands) of other unwatched movies.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Brice, you've gotta get going!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Screw going to Blockbusters, I'm going to Brice's for my next movie!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Also wanna see from the same director Neil Marshall the film Doomsday, which is basically a tribute to all those epic cult 80s movies like Escape from New York and Mad Max, but of course, set in Britain. From what i hear it's less scary and more...pulpy. It sounds like something i'd read in an issue of 2000AD, which is EXACTLY my kind of film!
    Both of them were great, in their own way. Doomsday was kind of hilarious

What, I have a thing for Sassenachs and Scots? I even watched Flood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I've never watched the Descent either I don't think. It's sitting on the shelf with hundreds (maybe thousands) of other unwatched movies.
    You've just offended me.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

That is why I have the right to call you lazy.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i shall certainly try the children, just looked it up on the web and it does look good. i love a good horror

just seen an advert for Mirrors - which i really want to watch but i have a phobia of mirrors so i know i will be scarred for days and nights (lets not forget the nights)

in regards to British horror , have you watched Deathwatch? set in world war 1 in the trenches?

i also really enjoyd 28 days later too(which i think was british?) but not so much 28 weeks later

the whole british film industry took a dive though about 3 years ago, when the Uk gment decided to tax the arsehole out of them.

and Brice - if you dont want to watch the films send them to me?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Brice, you've gotta get going!
    Okay, I'm sure I'll get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Screw going to Blockbusters, I'm going to Brice's for my next movie!
    Come on over.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You've just offended me.
    Heartbreking, isn't it? We buy them faster than we can possibly watch them. I'm sure we'll die with some unwatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    That is why I have the right to call you lazy.
    You can call me lazy all you like. It's true.

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    i shall certainly try the children, just looked it up on the web and it does look good. i love a good horror

just seen an advert for Mirrors - which i really want to watch but i have a phobia of mirrors so i know i will be scarred for days and nights (lets not forget the nights)

in regards to British horror , have you watched Deathwatch? set in world war 1 in the trenches?

i also really enjoyd 28 days later too(which i think was british?) but not so much 28 weeks later

the whole british film industry took a dive though about 3 years ago, when the Uk gment decided to tax the arsehole out of them.

It is not that I don't want to watch them. It's just impossible to watch them all. Maybe if I can ever retire.

If you rescue me

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

The trailer was released for Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes film. I went from excited to discouraged in however long it took to watch this trailer. It looks like fans of blockbuster action movies may encouraged by this trailer, but to me it looks terrible. If they wanted to make Holmes an action hero they should have hired Jerry Bruckheimer and Nicolas Cage, not Guy Ritchie and Robert Downey Jr.

With this now looking like just another stupid action movie and Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus still struggling to find a distributor, I am down to just Inglourious Basterds on my "see in a theater" list for this year.

Anyway, here's the Homes trailer...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOr4i-wbH-M"]YouTube - SHERLOCK HOLMES (2009) trailer[/ame]

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't.
    Some parts are okay, i guess, and it's a little jumpy, but definitely nothing special...

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post

Mirrors is okay, candy.
    Again, it's not utterly amazing, but it's worth watching.
    28 days later, however, is one of my favourites.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yeah, gotta love 28 Days Later, Alisha.

Gotta love Shaun of the Dead, though. Best thing about SotD is it's not only ridiculously funny, but actually is a great zombie film in its own right, especially considering it uses the Romero formula: bunch of people group together in safe place to fight off zombies, group falls apart, zombies invade safe place. Like Dawn of the Dead. But of course, us brits, obviously had to trade the mall for the pub. And the gun for a cricket bat!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast