Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I think part of the reason that I like it so much is because of Sean Bean. He's such a despicable character, but I love him in all his preachy-double crossing glory

Villians FTW!
    You definitely have a point there. Great villain.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i watched death race last night, and i really enjoyed it
    jason stratham although a one tone actor seems to really choose his films well, i dont rate him as an actor but i dont think i have actually seen a bad film of his yet.

strange

time to party its my 100th post whooo ooooo
    right - now got to get to 200

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm getting geeked for the first of may. Feve...I see your joker and raise you a wolverine!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I think part of the reason that I like it so much is because of Sean Bean. He's such a despicable character, but I love him in all his preachy-double crossing glory

Villians FTW!
    Sean Bean does play a good villain.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm really pissed off at my local cinema atm.

Why?

Because they're not showing In the Loop. Written by the guys who made The Thick of It. With James Gandolfini.

'Nuff said!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I watched What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? last night. What a great film. I absolutely loved it. Bette Davis and Joan Crawford were phenomenal in it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched The Holiday with my mom because my sister loves it. I thought it was pretty average. Everyone in that movie was kind of annoying with their ridiculous issues. Cameron Diaz's character needed to be shot. I did like Jack Black though, surprisingly. And Kate Winslet is always good.

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? is an incredible film. I haven't seen it in ages, but it's sooo creepy! A lot of old movies disappoint me because I guess I'm numbed by the over-the-top modern movies, but I really liked this one.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i watched ps i love you last night, i was determined not to get drawn into the whole emotional thing. but i cried from begining to end

not sure if this had something to do with the copiuos amounts of Bud i was drinking though.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    I just watched The Holiday with my mom because my sister loves it. I thought it was pretty average. Everyone in that movie was kind of annoying with their ridiculous issues. Cameron Diaz's character needed to be shot. I did like Jack Black though, surprisingly. And Kate Winslet is always good.

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? is an incredible film. I haven't seen it in ages, but it's sooo creepy! A lot of old movies disappoint me because I guess I'm numbed by the over-the-top modern movies, but I really liked this one.
    Well you know me, I love the classics. And I agree it was pretty creepy. They both did such a wonderful job in that film. But it always kills me when I watch films like that.
    baby jane spoiler

And I'm with you on The Holiday. I think my mom had rented it one time and said it was good so I thought I'd watch it. It was ok, but it's not really my type of film. I do love Kate Winslet though. She's definitely one of my favorites.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I love Red in the end of this scene. Every single time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uc4SDf3aac"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uc4SDf3aac[/ame]

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I just watched Secretary for the first time.

Whoa.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post

Whoa.

Last night I watched Matrix * again *, on TV. I just couldn't skip the channel. And I thought it would be perfect if they had stopped there.

Though, I still think eXistenZ is better.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post

Whoa.

Last night I watched Matrix * again *, on TV. I just couldn't skip the channel. And I thought it would be perfect if they had stopped there.
    Do you mean if they'd have stopped with just the first movie? They didn't. I did.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Whoa.

Do you mean if they'd have stopped with just the first movie? They didn't. I did.
    This is the real self control. But my curiosity is something that I can not beat.

You mean, there is no spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    You mean, there is no spoon?
    Yes, and it is only yourself that bends.

Whoa.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

( sorry, had to be done )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Whoa.

This is the real self control. But my curiosity is something that I can not beat.
    My curiosity is strong. My laziness is stronger. Really I liked the first movie, but even though all of them are on the shelf at home I've never gotten around to them.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Whoa.
    Calm down, Keanu!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

( sorry, had to be done )

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watched both Repo!: The Genetic Opera and The Children last night. Repo was loads of fun, TONS of gore, but a film that wasn't meant to be scary or taken seriously. Loved it.

The Children was the exact opposite: relatively low gore but absolutely shit-scary! Loved it! And a British horror film, too! Which was kinda surprising: i may be a bit of a patriotic bastard sometimes but it has gotta be said that over the past decade Britian has done fuck all when it comes to making good horror movies. But The Children, it has gotta be said, was excellent.

- Melike

I'm going to have to check out The Children. I love a good scary movie. What is it about, or is it better not to know?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's a film where a family goes to visit the wife's sister and her family (who live in the country, naturally) to celebrate the xmas holidays. However, one by one the children of both families start getting sick, until eventually they start to turn on their parents, and not in a child tantrum kind of way, but in a much more disturbing kind of way...

It's a basic story that could easily suck, but the director was absolutely brilliant, and i loved some of the editing in the film. But I'm not gonna go into any more detail than that, otherwise it probably won't meet the hype. If you prefer suspence over gore, but still like a fair bit of gore anyway, and you're prepared to be shocked, well, you can't go far wrong with this movie!

- Melike

Thanks I'll definitely check it out.

Slightly off topic, but have you seen Them?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!*

Ahem, no i haven't. What's that about?

*Sorry, Sam & Max joke. Couldn't resist!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast