Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 267 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    he wrote the first rocky was all i claimed, and the last rocky was good, in fact better than all but the first one (some even say better than it) according to some. just my two cents...don't have to be an especially good director to make a good action flick anyways lol
    Sorry. My bad. I misunderstood about the directing comment. And yes, generally, the first Rocky is considered the best ( ie - Oscar Best Picture and all ).

and jcvd was asked to be in it, but he turned it down, as well as kurt russell.
    Oh bummer. I used to eat up those cheesy JCVD movies ( that one where he played twins? priceless crap ). And well, Kurt Russell and Sly showed a lot of pretty good chemistry in Tango and Cash. It was a crap script even by action movie standards, but both of them played off one another with a lot of fun. It would have been cool seeing some more of that.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lion heart was my favorite jcvd movie. cheese at it's best!
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Gay

And I must add... in all fairness... I really liked Bloodsport. I mean, it was a pretty good movie. No stupid attempts at acting and lots of very cool fights. I catch it on cable sometimes and watch it every time. It's definitely a guilty pleasure movie for me.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Thumbs down to PG-13. How will they rip anyone's arms off with a PG-13 rating?!?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I've also heard that they're considering releasing it as a PG-13 film. If it is, it probably won't be as good as what the action films of the 80s and 90s were. Personally, I like my action movies to be bloody, over the top, and have absolutely no morals whatsoever. It's one of the reasons why I like Shoot 'Em Up. It's stupid, dumb, and makes no sense whatsoever, but it also knows what it is, and went completely for the R rating.

That, plus it's a film that has the hero shooting up bad guys whilst having sex with Monica Bellucci at the same time. Can you honestly think of anything more brilliant than that?!?
    Exactly why I enjoyed Shoot 'Em Up so much. There were some action scenes that I can honestly say I've never seen before. A perfect example was the sex scene you mentioned. He's killing bad guys while having sex. Come on, how cool is that?

Not to mention killing guys with a carrot or shooting the umbilical cord.

My favorite scene is when he dives through the windshield of a moving van and kills all the guys in the back. Total B.A. scene.

I love Clive Owen too. "I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well there excuse is that the new die hard did well as pg-13 and it will appear to a wider audience. pretty lame IMO...rated R, please sir
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_MG8R7pjiw"]YouTube- "A.D." teaser (ZOMBIE ANIMATION)[/ame]

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen a movie called Sliding Doors, with Gwyneth Paltrow ?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Dude, I saw that forever ago and can't remember any of the details.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

well there excuse is that the new die hard did well as pg-13 and it will appear to a wider audience. pretty lame IMO...rated R, please sir
    Fuck that! We need an action movie rated XXXXX....ONLY for violence.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Yup. Like 10 years ago!

Why do you ask, Feev?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Okay... what am I missing .... directed by Sylvester Stallone.

( with the exception of Jason Statham - who I love - :meh: - looks very "already seen that a million times" to me )
    pam, pam, pam you a crazy crazy lady (i love you loads - but your still crazy)

jason stratham can't talk properly! and you say you dont like christian bale cause he murmers

i got quite excited when i saw charisma carpenters name - which makes me sad i know. but i miss her
    Yup. Like 10 years ago!

Why do you ask, Feev?
    i loved sliding doors, it was years ago when i saw - but i remember getting confused and then having an 'aha' moment at the end of the film

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow... I only liked the first three Rocky films. And then... the rest were sorta boring for me.

I don't know if it will bring back the old action movies, but it sure looks to star everyone who used to be in them!! What? No Chuck Norris? No Jean-Claude VanDamme?

I will have to honestly disagree about Sylvester Stallone being a good director. He's directed a total of 9 films ( two of which haven't been released yet ) ..... and NOT the original Rocky, which was directed by John Avildsen. The other movies were all the Rocky sequels, Staying Alive, Rambo and Paradise Alley. That's a whole lot of crap, in my eyes. Sorry.
    It's funny you should mention Paradise Alley. My Godfather let me borrow a bunch of DVD's and Paradise Alley was one of them. I watched it the other night and thought it was pretty bad.

I understand what they were trying to do, but it just didn't work. Stallone was just so over the top (no pun intended to the classic Stallone film Over the Top) in his role. The total opposite of his more subtle Rocky/Rambo performances.

Less truly is more sometimes. I thought the script was pretty weak as well. Don't even get me started on Stallone singing the theme song.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stallone sings???

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Just finished Carriers. Awesome film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Moon

Moon is an instant classic, a sci-fi masterpiece.

Sam Rockwell plays Sam Bell, an astronaut nearing the end of a 3 year contract aboard a lunar space station that's used for mining energy for Earth. The only interaction Sam has is with the station's computer, Gerty, voiced by Kevin Spacey.

Gerty's eerie, monotone voice will make you wonder if he's not a relative of 2001's H.A.L. While out on the moon to check on one of the harvesters, Sam has an accident in his rover.

To say anymore would be ruining the plot.

Moon is a rare thought-provoking, intellectual drama that succeeds in holding your attention for the duration of the film. Not an easy thing to do considering there is essentially only one character in the film.

This is a testament to Sam Rockwell. A true Oscar snub in every sense of the word.

While watching Moon I couldn't help but feel that this film was pulled right from the early days of science fiction. It could have easily existed 80 years ago.

Moon deals with some pretty interesting issues like what it's like to be alone and the toll it can take on the mind. It also deals with the treatment of the blue collar worker.

All in all, Moon is one of the very best films of the year and deserves to be seen by all.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You finally got to see it. Glad you enjoyed it
    Sam Rockwell is amazing in that role. To have one whole film revolve around just one character is not an easy thing to do, but he pulled it off wonderfully.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

I can't wait for what Duncan Jones does next. I was really impressed with Moon, it was one of my favorites of the decade.

Next (I think) Jones will making a film called Source Code:

A soldier (Gyllenhaal) becomes part of a government operation that is investigating a train bombing. His mind is transferred into the body of a commuter that survived the attack, and he is forced to relive the incident over and over again until he can find out who is responsible and how to prevent the next terrorist attack from occurring.
    After that might be one called Mute that will be very Blade-Runner inspired according to Jones. AND two more films in the "Moon series" are also in the works someday...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Next (I think) Jones will making a film called Source Code:

A soldier (Gyllenhaal) becomes part of a government operation that is investigating a train bombing. His mind is transferred into the body of a commuter that survived the attack, and he is forced to relive the incident over and over again until he can find out who is responsible and how to prevent the next terrorist attack from occurring.
    Oh, that sounds good!

Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte - This film was amazing. Bette Davis and Robert Aldrich make a fierce combo. Not to mention that Bette plays crazy so well. And the cinematography in this film I don't think I've ever seen a film use shadowing so much, but it worked really well and created such a dark, ominous feeling throughout the whole film. I highly recommend this one.

Trick r' Treat - Really enjoyed this one as well. I loved how they incorporated so many interweaving stories, it was quite interesting.
    but...
    Spoiler:

what was up with that pumpkin kid at the end

And Brice, I saw White Zombie for the first time.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

NOOOO

So, you know Roland Emmerich? The guy that did Independence Day? He's adapting Asimov's Foundation series.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    NOOOO

So, you know Roland Emmerich? The guy that did Independence Day? He's adapting Asimov's Foundation series.

How many things can there be to blow-up in Asimov?

( sorry, that's truly gonna suck )

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never been able to get into Asimov's writing. It has done nothing for me. Then I've also never endured an entire book by him.

As for CGI, I have no problem with it. It can be an amazing tool for a director when they are stingy with it, but I think at the point where you can't imagine (or make) a film without it you can no longer rightly be considered a director at all and should have all your nifty technologies confiscated. I guess I'll have to pay Mr. Emmerich a visit to revoke his directorship life.

If you rescue me

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I enjoy Independence Day, but (1) I love to see stuff blown to shit, (yes, I love Mythbusters), (2) I adore Jeff Goldblum and Harvey Fierstein, and (3) I always enjoy the performances of Will Smith and Bill Pullman. It's a fun popcorn romp.

The director of Independence Day, however, shouldn't have the reigns of the Foundation series.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 267 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast