Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 267 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the first movie (Nightwatch), I thought it was pretty good.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FP: No i havent seen Shaolin Soccer I may rent from Mr Internets

Got 12 Monkeys the other day, i forgot how cool that movie is
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I snagged "The Green Mile" for $6, new!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Traveler timemaster11 is on a distinguished road

Default The Talisman Film

This is a link to a Youtube clip of a directors bid to make The Talisman

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...st-stephe.html

Country
    Country Flag

Hm. Huh. Meh.

Next to the DT books, The Talisman is my all. Time. FAVORITE and that didn't tickle my pickle too much.

It was okay.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by timemaster11 View Post
    This is a link to a Youtube clip of a directors bid to make The Talisman

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...st-stephe.html
    Thanks for the info, and welcome to the site.
    Since this really isn't "official" King news, I am going to move it to the forum where movies are discussed (The Gem Theater).

Thanks once again.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I snagged Reefer Madness for $2 at Wal-Mart.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Country
    Country Flag

SWEET.

-Shel Silverstein

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default THE TALISMAN adaptation (update)

THe production by Spielberg was originally announced to be broadcasted during the summer 2008, then it was cancelled cause of financial reasons..

Today, a "demo reel" have appeared..

more information on the following link:
    http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article...hen_kings_book

[submitted to Lilja :-) ]
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Herbert. We already have athread about this in The Gem Theater, so I am going to merge this into that thread with a 1 day redirect.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the link is dead. Hopefully someone downloaded it.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LHFRF0mVho"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LHFRF0mVho[/ame]

You tube clip supposedly from the movie, looks cool!!! Just in case the link doesn't work

Never mind, I just found this on IMDB.com

'The Talisman' Demo Reel Based on Stephen King's Book

17 July 2008 2:17 AM, PDT | From Rope Of Silicon | See recent Rope Of Silicon news

SlashFilm came across an impressive demo reel created by Canadian director Mathieu Ratthe who took it upon himself to write, direct and produce a 6:30 minute demo reel based on the opening chapter of "The Talisman" written by Stephen King and Peter Straub. The rights to the film adaptation have been held by Stephen Spielberg for what seems like forever with directors such as Vadim Perelman (House of Sand and Fog) and Ed Zwick (The Last Samurai) dropping off the project in the past. In 2006 TNT announced the book would be turned into an epic, six-hour adaptation of the story with Ehren Kruger (The Skeleton Key, The Ring) adapting the story. Word was that the adaptation would hit television screens in summer of 2008, but I can only assume if that was actually the case that the writers'strike put a huge kink in the works. So, this leaves everything in limbo as far as I know,
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and the full article can be read here :

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article...hen_kings_book

SlashFilm came across an impressive demo reel created by Canadian director Mathieu Ratthe who took it upon himself to write, direct and produce a 6:30 minute demo reel based on the opening chapter of "The Talisman" written by Stephen King and Peter Straub. The rights to the film adaptation have been held by Stephen Spielberg for what seems like forever with directors such as Vadim Perelman (House of Sand and Fog) and Ed Zwick (The Last Samurai) dropping off the project in the past. In 2006 TNT announced the book would be turned into an epic, six-hour adaptation of the story with Ehren Kruger (The Skeleton Key, The Ring) adapting the story. Word was that the adaptation would hit television screens in summer of 2008, but I can only assume if that was actually the case that the writers' strike put a huge kink in the works.

So, this leaves everything in limbo as far as I know, but with Ratthe's short, which actually runs only 4 minutes before the 2:30 minute credit sequence, some eyes may once again open.

He managed to get Cameron Bright (X-Men 3, Birth, Godsend) to star as Jack Sawyer, a boy who goes on a quest through this world and through a parallel world known as The Territories, experiencing both good and evil in each. His goal is to obtain a mysterious talisman that will save his dying mother's life, as well as the life of her twinner, the Queen of The Territories.
    and sorry Randall.. i have a look in the Oracle but not in Gem theaters..
    in fact, IMO, i think that putting updates about movies in Gem Theaters is bad, and badly located (maybe cause i do never, or rarely go in Gem Theaters.. lol), and coz concern news...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    and sorry Randall.. i have a look in the Oracle but not in Gem theaters..
    in fact, IMO, i think that putting updates about movies in Gem Theaters is bad, and badly located (maybe cause i do never, or rarely go in Gem Theaters.. lol), and coz concern news...
    Herbert, you have a good point and we are discussing this suggestion and will have an answer shortly.

Thanks,

Jerome

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I actually think this will be terriffic! I too am very fond of this story,
    and list it among my favorites as well. I hope that this project gets
    all the talent it deserves. I am looking forward to seeing what can be
    done with it. Has anyone any other info on this director? I dont
    know if I've ever heard of him.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I actually think this will be terriffic! I too am very fond of this story,
    and list it among my favorites as well. I hope that this project gets
    all the talent it deserves. I am looking forward to seeing what can be
    done with it. Has anyone any other info on this director? I dont
    know if I've ever heard of him.
    we may havent heard about him in the past... but the "short movie", or intro sequence, demo scene or whatever we can call it, is really great IMO, and from what i see, i am convinced that the director will do a great job..
    let's remember that a movie is corresponding to the vision of the director, but also of a WHOLE TEAM...

my point of view

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the look of it. Wasn't crazy about Lily, not at all. I know that everyone has their own notion of what a character looks like but she didn't really look like she'd ever been pretty. And that's one thing that I'm pretty sure "Queen of the B's" was, at one point.

Wasn't too fond of Jack, either. He just didn't seem young and innocent enough.

Other than that, I can dig it.

-Shel Silverstein

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Um, that boy is so NOT Jack Sawyer. He's just not ... handsome enough. And he has a dorky haircut.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

He seems a bit too old. What 12 year old has a voice that deep?

-Shel Silverstein

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Yeah, his voice should be doing that breaking cracking thing a little bit. Because the whole point of Jack's trip through the territories and the talisman shit was him becoming a man, right? SO if he's already a man in the movie then what's the damn point?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

Yup. Jack's my flavorite SK character ever, ever, ever and while I don't let the movies ruin a story for me, that's just not my Jack. I know I don't speak for everyone but how does he not seem a little old for the part? Big name or not, he doesn't quite cut the mustard.

The look of the piece is lovely. The window breaking, the midway behind the glass and the ferris wheel....all beautiful looking but from what I remember during my reads of that book is Jack thought it was a dismal place.

Seriously, I've never been picky when I hear an SK story is being made into a movie. I don't nitpick but nothing really felt right about this video to me. Solly cholly.

-Shel Silverstein

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default No, not right. Try again please

He looks like Wesley Crusher from Star Trek

.....and the article called The Mist horrible?
    Wrong...thanks for trying though.
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Default Talisman Trailer...but not really...but still cool

Wasn't sure where to post this...figured here would be as good as any.

Not a real movie...but someone that is apparently trying to get it done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LHFRF0mVho"]YouTube - STEPHEN KING'S: THE TALISMAN by Mathieu Ratthe[/ame]
    Last edited by boehmke; 07-17-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: HTML and other net stuff is lame

Gunslinger Apprentice Rider_of_Discordia is on a distinguished road Rider_of_Discordia's Avatar

That is damn impressive ... slight overuse of "mom", but otherwise top notch.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey! Thats Gordie LaChance!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 267 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast