Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 266 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty amazing how these floodgates seem to be opening with regard to sexual harassment inside Hollywood and women finally coming forward and being public about it:

This is just the most recent case in a string of five or six in the past several months. I won't be posting any ScreenJunkies videos in the foreseeable future.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What the fuck? I watch Screen Junkies all the time. I had no idea. I don't think you have to stop posting though. There's a lot of other people at Screen Junkies who put out great content that don't have these accusations.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Madness. Just madness. This shit has got to stop. I could never fathom treating women the way some of these guys treat women. Don't they have mom and sisters or nieces? Or even cousins? It's a power thing, I get it, but it's unacceptable.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Madness. Just madness. This shit has got to stop. I could never fathom treating women the way some of these guys treat women. Don't they have mom and sisters or nieces? Or even cousins? It's a power thing, I get it, but it's unacceptable.
    It's crazy and it's hard to put this into words. Maybe it's a power thing, maybe it's just being an asshole, but what make this worse is that a lot of these dudes were publicly very pro-women, pro-equality, male feminists and so on. Which is why it's sad to read a piece like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...selves-allies/ and having to mostly agree with it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's crazy and it's hard to put this into words. Maybe it's a power thing, maybe it's just being an asshole, but what make this worse is that a lot of these dudes were publicly very pro-women, pro-equality, male feminists and so on. Which is why it's sad to read a piece like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...selves-allies/ and having to mostly agree with it.
    Interesting article, but ultimately very worrisome. It sucks that women now have another reason to distrust men. Even ones that seem like good guys. Now you can't even be a good guy without a woman thinking, "Is this mother fucker some creep that's trying to have sex with every woman he comes across?"

I'm sure there's a whole bunch of married women who are breathing a sigh of relief. "Phew, I found the man of my dreams. Thank god I don't have to worry about this." That's a mistake as well. It's proven time and time again that the biggest offenders are married men.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What the fuck? I watch Screen Junkies all the time. I had no idea. I don't think you have to stop posting though. There's a lot of other people at Screen Junkies who put out great content that don't have these accusations.
    You had no idea ... what? That people can get accused of anything?

What does an accusation mean? You're one of the most well-spoken, thought-out people on this forum, I would think you know that an accusation is simply an accusation. And while it deserves a thorough investigation into all sides of the accusation, and the evidence may lead a little bit this way or seem to good to be true going the other way, you shouldn't have any feelings toward the person until there is a confession or a legal ruling.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

While I agree that an accusation is only just an accusation until proven otherwise, there must be some grounds for action if his company pressed the nuclear button and fired him.

I mean, with statements like “there is simply no justification for his egregious and intolerable behavior", you gotta imagine there is evidence to substantiate these claims.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Companies fire people over accusations all the time. Unfortunately, as we've just seen, people are guilty until proven innocent.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Companies fire people over accusations all the time. Unfortunately, as we've just seen, people are guilty until proven innocent.
    So odd people here are talking about this. At work, I have two women that are being harassed by a guy. One girl for over a year and though she joked he was her stalker, it was much more then that that she never told anyone the extent of it. I had no idea. Anyway, this guy was texting one the other girl with explicit messages about what she could do for him. So. I have two women at work being sexually harassed, AND a third guy that vouched for it. Hence, the harasser in question was fired today. What makes it worse is that he is married with 5 kids. I say worse because he is married.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What does an accusation mean? You're one of the most well-spoken, thought-out people on this forum, I would think you know that an accusation is simply an accusation. And while it deserves a thorough investigation into all sides of the accusation, and the evidence may lead a little bit this way or seem to good to be true going the other way, you shouldn't have any feelings toward the person until there is a confession or a legal ruling.

What I meant was I had no idea this whole thing was going down. I watch Screen Junkies videos a few times a day. I also follow many of the people from the Screen Junkies channel on Twitter. I figured somebody would have mentioned something. I probably had a busy day and didn't check or something.

That's all I meant by having no idea. Thank you for the kind words by the way.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. The Snowman is getting destroyed by critics.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. The Snowman is getting destroyed by critics.
    And Geo Storm is even higher than that. LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. I was kinda excited about Snowman.

Thanks RT for saving me $40 lol.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

AND THERE is why most directors loathe RT. I can see their point. There has been many a movie I have friggin loved but missed out on in theater as I am a slave to the bad tomatoes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before that RT isn't the end all be all of quality indicators, but there's no denying that it plays a HUGE part in our decision making these days.

Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before that RT isn't the end all be all of quality indicators, but there's no denying that it plays a HUGE part in our decision making these days.
    Sure does man. I use the big ones: RT, IMDB, CinemaScore and Metacritic. RT being my favorite for sure...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

AND THERE is why most directors loathe RT. I can see their point. There has been many a movie I have friggin loved but missed out on in theater as I am a slave to the bad tomatoes too.

When a film is getting toasted on the Tomato meter, that's when I decide to skip it and just wait to rent it. Unless it's something I'm dying to see like The Dark Tower. Some films are rotten tomato proof.

I was looking forward to The Snowman too. I love Fassbender and I've enjoyed a few of Tomas Alfredson's films like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, Clooney looks like he's 0 for his last 2. It's not looking so hot for Suburbicon.

Country
    Country Flag

Man, Clooney looks like he's 0 for his last 2. It's not looking so hot for Suburbicon.
    I know eh? A crew voted for Jigsaw this weekend... being Halloween and all. Embargo on for reviews... that’s a good sign. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

What I meant was I had no idea this whole thing was going down. I watch Screen Junkies videos a few times a day. I also follow many of the people from the Screen Junkies channel on Twitter. I figured somebody would have mentioned something. I probably had a busy day and didn't check or something.

That's all I meant by having no idea. Thank you for the kind words by the way.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad they took their time with this. The worst thing they could have done was rush back with a bunch of videos.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...ing-in-alaska/
    There’s no shortage of nostalgia for the video rental store among Generation X and even older millennials. Budding film buffs once wandered their aisles, strolling past the new releases to peer through fingers at the horror section’s VHS covers and browse the employee picks, which more often than not included your next favorite movie. But the rise of streaming services like Netflix and Hulu caused video rental juggernaut Blockbuster to file for bankruptcy in 2010, with many independent locations closing soon after. As Indiewire notes, only 10 franchise-owned Blockbuster stores still exist in the U.S., and you’ll find more than half of them in Alaska.

A new Vice documentary visits one of the state’s thriving Blockbusters, discovering that the chain’s survival up north is due to the fact that Wi-Fi is pricey up there. Small towns are spread out and unlimited data is not a viable option for many of the families living there. The concept of streaming video, then, is untenable. The locals seem happy, however; many cite themselves as old-school types who still own VHS players and enjoy the routine of renting videos for less than a buck. Hey, maybe the next great American filmmaker is strolling those aisles as we speak.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 266 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 ... LastLast