Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 267 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Well, that's good then!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen Transformers as well. I enjoyed it, I thought it was a fun movie, though I will have to agree that it did run longer than needed. You'd think they would've trimmed it to under two hours. If you're only going to see one action movie this summer (as they like to say ), Live Free or Die Hard is a much better movie.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

No, they didn't. But there were several [drunk] people down in the front row screaming TRANSFORMERS! ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!
    I don't abide noise at the movies. You wanna crinkle that chip packet? You'll be doing it with a black eye you noisy fucking pain in the ass. If anyone was screaming anything at any point in any state in any row of any cinema id set them on fire.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    If anyone was screaming anything at any point in any state in any row of any cinema id set them on fire.
    Not to discourage your pyromania or anything, but then the fire alarms would go off and you'd miss the movie.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Holy Crap, I just watched Transformers tonight. I've watched Pirates 3, Spiderman 3, and FF Rise of the Silver Surfer, and Transformers beats them all by a LARGE margin in my book. I thought it was going to be a disaster, and being a huge Transformers fan, I could not be happier with the movie!!!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I though Transformers was amaing. I had no hope for it when I went and saw it because I knew they had made Bumblebee a Camaro, and that annoys me, because in my eyes, Bumblebee having an inferiority complex and still always coing to the rescue was the crux of the show. They did ok with taht though, by making him an old beat up camaro, at least. All in all, it was a great movie. A few people I know have been complaining about teh product placement, but what they don't seem to rememebr is that transformers was really just a 30 minute commercial for the toys anyway, as most 80s cartoons were. The product palcement didn't bother me.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The only thing so far at bugged me is they stayed pretty straight with the autobots (except bumblebee) and they were pretty liberal with the decepticons.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Letters From Iwo Jima today. Very good movie. It was fascinating to view the conquest of the island from a different perspective. (I had previously viewed Flags of our Fathers).
    6 Beers on the RFSPRS.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I though Transformers was amaing. I had no hope for it when I went and saw it because I knew they had made Bumblebee a Camaro, and that annoys me, because in my eyes, Bumblebee having an inferiority complex and still always coing to the rescue was the crux of the show. They did ok with taht though, by making him an old beat up camaro, at least. All in all, it was a great movie. A few people I know have been complaining about teh product placement, but what they don't seem to rememebr is that transformers was really just a 30 minute commercial for the toys anyway, as most 80s cartoons were. The product palcement didn't bother me.
    You had like 90 million typos during that post.

I saw Apocolypto last night. I really enjoyed it. It was a very suspensful, exciting movie.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

headless mayan dudes turn you on, dont they Erin?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to seeing Memento last night. I love how the movie is told in a 'backwards' like fashion.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Memento has been out a long time. I think the DVD even has an option to "reverse" the order of scenes so that it is told in linear fashion.

Watched Shooter today. Pretty good. Some interesting stuff on snipers, but a bit over the top with conspiracies etc.
    4 beers on the RFSPRS.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Watched Letters From Iwo Jima today. Very good movie. It was fascinating to view the conquest of the island from a different perspective. (I had previously viewed Flags of our Fathers).
    6 Beers on the RFSPRS.

I agree, I thought Letters was much better than Flags. I knew the other side was human of course, but that really brought it home.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. I'm on a roll.
    Just viewed Pan's Labyrinth and I was quite impressed. A powerful narrative and visual story. Made me realize how little Spanish I understand. Highly recommended.
    6 beers on the RFSPRS.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, its very good

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    headless mayan dudes turn you on, dont they Erin?
    You betcha. Mmmm, all the blue naked bodies...
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Darkthoughts loves Jeunet et Caro, too! Thank you darling you've made my day
    I'm a bit of a sucker for films with subtitles I must confess!

Other top titles on my foreign films list are:

Seven Samurai
    Cinema Paradiso
    Etre et Avoir (a documentary, but its beautiful)

Do you have any recommendations Jean?

*clutches onto Darkthoughts and doesnt let go*

See The Barbarian Invasions, Pan's Labyrinth, Cache (Or Hidden in some nations), Funny Games, The Lives of Others if you haven't already.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

*swoons*

I watched Pan's Labyrinth about 2 weeks ago and loved it - Mercedes was played by the actress also in Y Tu Mama Tambien for some random trivia.

Haven't seen the others - I'm going into town tomorrow though (where I think a hideously large overdue fine awaits me at the video store)

Country
    Country Flag

yeah, definitely get The Barbarian Invasions and Funny Games if they are there, although Funny Games might be hard to get hold of as its a local from Hungary I think

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just viewed Black Sanke Moan. Very interesting movie. Samual Jackson gives and understated (for him) performance and Christina Ricca takes chances few actresses would.
    4 Beers. Check it out.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Memento has been out a long time. I think the DVD even has an option to "reverse" the order of scenes so that it is told in linear fashion.
    Really? My friend burned me a copy, and it didn't come with the main menu. I think I'll order it and add it to my original DVD collection, it's certainly worth it.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Just viewed Black Sanke Moan. Very interesting movie. Samual Jackson gives and understated (for him) performance and Christina Ricca takes chances few actresses would.
    4 Beers. Check it out.
    I love the scene in that where he is singing the song and it i storming. I really like that song.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The song is an adaptation from one by Blind Lemon Jefferson:

That Black Snake Moan
    by Blind Lemon Jefferson
    recording of circa June 1926, Chicago, Illinois
    from Blind Lemon Jefferson (Milestone 47022), copyright notice

I - I ain't got no mama now
    I - I ain't got no mama now
    She told me late last night, "You don't need no mama no how"

Mmm, mmm, black snake crawlin' in my room
    Mmm, mmm, black snake crawlin' in my room
    Some pretty mama better come and get this black snake soon

Ohh-oh, that must have been a bed bug, baby a chinch can't bite that hard1
    Ohh-oh, that must have been a bed bug, honey a chinch can't bite that hard
    Ask my sugar for fifty cents, she said "Lemon, ain't a child in the yard"

Mama, that's all right, mama that's all right for you
    Mama, that's all right, mama that's all right for you
    Mama, that's all right, most seen all you do2

Mmm, mmm, what's the matter now?
    Mmm, mmm, honey what's the matter now?
    Sugar, what's the matter, don't like no black snake no how

Mmm, mmm, wonder where my black snake gone?
    Mmm, mmm, wonder where this black snake gone?
    Black snake mama done run my darlin' home

Link to audio Clip of Black Snake Moan by Jefferson

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've really wanted to watch Black Snake Moan and The Shooter. But there're always out whenever I get to the store.

And Memento is one of my all time favs.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen Beerfest, but Artie Lang's Beer League is funny. Sophomoric, but still funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 267 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast