Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 267 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

let's see.

saw kungfu panda (woohoo there's a turtle in it!)
    saw indiana jones 4 (shia was awesome!).
    saw the incredible hulk
    Spoiler:
    (don't make me hungry. you wouldn't like me when i'm hungry.)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Wall-E and the Hulk at the drive in (yes, we still DO have one here! SWEET!)

I highly recommend both.

ETA: Recently saw Priceless at the indie theater in town - GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Excellent!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    ETA: Recently saw Priceless at the indie theater in town - GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Excellent!
    What's it about?

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    let's see.

saw kungfu panda (woohoo there's a turtle in it!)
    saw indiana jones 4 (shia was awesome!).
    saw the incredible hulk
    Spoiler:
    (don't make me hungry. you wouldn't like me when i'm hungry.)
    heh..I loved Kung Fu Panda!!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I haven't read or seen The Shawshank Redemption yet. I don't think I'll get to it for awhile now, being that I'm in the middle of TDT series.

The full name of the novella is Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, its in Different Seasons I think?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw The Departed last night and really enjoyed it!
    Excellent performances from all - although I appreciate Scorceses (sp?) talent, I'm not a fan of everything he's done - but this was right on the money. I especially enjoyed the ending

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I haven't read or seen The Shawshank Redemption yet. I don't think I'll get to it for awhile now, being that I'm in the middle of TDT series.

The full name of the novella is Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, its in Different Seasons I think?
    Yessuh, Different Seasons.

I watched Kung Fu Hustle for the third time. Still love it. It's sort of a Kung Fu movie for people that don't really like Kung Fu, I think. Whatever critic called it "Kill Bill meets Looney Tunes," was spot-on.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Josh - Have you seen Shaolin Soccer? Just substitute Kill Bill for soccer and you pretty much get an idea.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

My dad bought Shaolin Soccer as a joke a couple years ago and we ended up really enjoying it. I especially loved the dance scene - was it Thriller that they danced to? I can't remember.
    Hilarious.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love when theyre going to have that friendly match in the beginning of the movie, and the wrench falls out of that guys shorts

Traveler huey520 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Watched 'Dog Soldiers' again last nite, really love that movie. Has anyone else seen it, low budget, brit werewolf movie but quite funny. Believe there was going to be a sequel but never got made (not yet anyway)

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Hancock yesterday...I really enjoyed it.

did i ever tell you guys about my "recent" rentals? ves'ka gan recommended two - night watch and it's sequel day watch. they both rocked. they're russian but they have english dubbing. you don't even realize they are dubbed. the storyline is excellent and very engaging. i was completely hooked with both. i really hope they make the third movie (it's supposed to be a trilogy i guess - at least the books the movies were based on were).

also rented the ruins. it wasn't bad. stayed close to the book (which, unlike some people here, i actually liked a lot). some major changes, but nothing i couldn't live with.

also rented an indy film called the cry. based on the mexican myth of la llorona. i was pleasantly surprised by this as well. some really thought provoking imagery used well, good acting, the ending wasn't a cop-out. i love indy movies. if you're a fan of scary movies (and i don't mean blood and guts, eli roth type movies, i mean real suspense, scary movies) definitely rent this one.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nightwatch was awesome! I watched it in Russian with English subtitles, it was really cool.

I can't wait to see Daywatch.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Míchéal View Post
    I saw Hancock yesterday...I really enjoyed it.
    I just watched Hancock and I really enjoyed it too! I have to say I really dig the superhero movies that are more original. I like the comicbook ones, but Hancock and Unbreakable are by far better.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Check out the movies that I got from the $5 bin at Walmart:

Fallen
    Airplane
    Uncle Buck
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    Stand By Me

Five freaking dollars a piece!

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I bought Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima last week. They're friggin great. Seeing the story from each side's perspective was a good idea.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Is this the nightwatch film you guys are talking about?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110631/

I've seen the one with Ewan McGregor, but I assume that's not the one you're talking about, and the one I posted the link to says it's from Denmark not Russia. I'm really curious as to what one you're talking about.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Check out the movies that I got from the $5 bin at Walmart:

Fallen
    Airplane
    Uncle Buck
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    Stand By Me

Five freaking dollars a piece!
    I'm going to have to make a trip over there to find that one. I've only got an old vhs copy of it that's on it's way out.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They must really be trying to clear overstock because I also saw a lot of good movies in those five dollar bins. I however didn't buy any because I wanted to purchase stuff for my Wii instead.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Is this the nightwatch film you guys are talking about?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110631/

I've seen the one with Ewan McGregor, but I assume that's not the one you're talking about, and the one I posted the link to says it's from Denmark not Russia. I'm really curious as to what one you're talking about.
    It's a series of films-I think they've made two so far-based upon a popular, serialized, Russian sci-fi/fantasy novel.

Here's the author's website:

http://www.lukianenko.ru/eng/

I loved Nochnoy Dozor.

I really want to see the sequel-when I have the chance I'm going to drop by B&N and try to pick up the trilogy of books.

Thanks Ruthful!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem.

i got it confused with the ewan mcgregor film when ves first told me about it. i was like "you mean that morgue movie?" then she explained it to me. i don't think it's listed on imdb. which is a shame. thanks to ruthful for posting the author's link.

I did find it on imdb under the name Ruthful posted. I think when I was searching for it I just kept putting in nightwatch without a space and it wasn't coming up.
    I already added it to my netflix queue, so hopefully i'll get to check them out soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 267 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast