Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 267 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Alright.
    Well, it's good to know that I'm not supposed to get it... I guess?
    That's kind of irritating though - what makes it so amazing if it doesn't make any sense?
    I mean, one could venture a guess, but without confirmation...? I dunno.
    Perhaps that's what makes it so amazing, that it's not so easy to pin down to "this symbolizes this" and "that represents that" and "so that's why he did that" and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Everything means something and nothing means anything.
    Which pretty much sums up all of Lynch's work, which is why I love Lynch.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulholland Drive, that's the one with Laura Herrington (sp?) and Naomi Watts right? I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've gathered from both people IRL and here is that it's a really confusing movie, as befits Lynch's style. I might have to check it out soon

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Mulholland Drive, that's the one with Laura Herrington (sp?) and Naomi Watts right?
    That's the one Feev. Her name is Laura Elena Harring. It can be fairly confusing, but if you're familiar with Lynch's style, you'll likely enjoy it.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

So, when it really comes down to it Dune is the only Lynch movie that makes sense.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    So, when it really comes down to it Dune is the only Lynch movie that makes sense.
    Weeeeeelllllll... that's a matter of opinion.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

My Mood
    Gay

Well, I just remember when Dune first came out - there were tons of complaints that it was incoherent and that if you hadn't read the book you'd have no clue what was happening.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Well, I just remember when Dune first came out - there were tons of complaints that it was incoherent and that if you hadn't read the book you'd have no clue what was happening.
    I kind of disagree. I think I saw the movie before I read the book. I think the common factor with Dune and other Lynch movies is....pay attention!

Spoiler:
    I watched Dune before I started smoking pot

My Mood
    Gay

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love David Lynch, and thoroughly enjoyed Mulholland Drive. Although I'll admit that I don't completely understand what was going on. But to me that made it all the more interesting.

Has anyone seen his most recent one, Inland Empire? For some reason I couldn't really get into this one. I only saw it once, so maybe I should give it another shot.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Gay

To quote one of my favorite 80s movies... "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Lynch did Dune?
    Wow, I had no clue.

Other than that, I haven't seen any of his other films and I had no clue what I was in for.
    Maybe I need to watch it again to appreciate it more?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I say go for it SJ!

To quote one of my favorite 80s movies... "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."
    that perfectly sums up a Lynch film.

and now I will admit that I have never seen Dune. Is that bad? That one and The Straight Story are the only 2 feature films of his that I haven't seen.

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, man, I loved Straight Story.... VERY unLynch-like. So unassuming and gentle. I know - weird to call a movie gentle... but it was.

SJ - Not only did he direct Dune ... he actually has a very small role himself.

I actually thought Dune was okay... not great, but okay. Granted, though, I had read the book. I've watched it with people though, who, having not read the book, were slightly confused and needed some PAUSE-Button tutoring.

Other than that, I haven't seen any of his other films and I had no clue what I was in for.
    Skip it and go straight to Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart, they're much better movies. Wild at Heart is (along with Raising Arizona) one of only two Nicolas Cage performances I can handle. I think both are much more illustrative of Lynch than Dune.

Both good choices Jayson
    I'd also like to add in Eraserhead, and Lost Highway, but those might both be too out there.

on a side note, I kinda wish he'd do another tv series. Wasn't he going to do that with Mulholland Drive, but then turned it into a feature instead?

Those are both excellent as well Heather, though Eraserhead is as out there as out there gets. I still loved it though.

Dunno about a new tv show, but that'd be cool if he did.

I do have an album Lynch did with a musician friend of his. Not spectacular, but not bad either. I keep it with the Julian Schnabel album (yes, that really exists).

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Those are both excellent as well Heather, though Eraserhead is as out there as out there gets. I still loved it though.

Dunno about a new tv show, but that'd be cool if he did.

I do have an album Lynch did with a musician friend of his. Not spectacular, but not bad either. I keep it with the Julian Schnabel album (yes, that really exists).
    Yeah, Eraserhead is kinda crazy, but it's interesting to watch.

What's the album you're referring to. I don't think I've ever heard of it. Does Lynch play an instrument or something, or just compose some of the music?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What's the album you're referring to. I don't think I've ever heard of it. Does Lynch play an instrument or something, or just compose some of the music?
    It's an album by David Lynch and John Neff called [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Bob-David-Lynch/dp/B000085U0F"]Blue Bob[/ame]

Lynch plays guitar. He may play other instruments as well. Not sure.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

dude. i can not handle blue velvet.

like, at all.

My Mood
    Amused

Lynch did Dune?
    Wow, I had no clue.

He did the 1984 Dune , not the Sci-Fi series. I'm sure you knew that, but just in case.

My Mood
    Gay

Part of the beauty of Blue Velvet is not being able to handle it !

Part of the beauty of Blue Velvet is not being able to handle it !
    I still think of Dean Stockwell when I hear Orbison's "In Dreams"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Doctor Who Movie Confirmed
    BBC lets slip that a script is in development.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, May 27, 2009 - Hidden at the end of a story about a David Tennant appearance in kid-friendly spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures, the BBC may have just let slip that there will be a new Doctor Who movie.

They report that a spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that a "script is in development" for the big screen adaptation.

There aren't any further details, and the story does add that production - if it happens at all - won't get going for a while.

Nevertheless, the news is sure to prompt speculation over what form a Who movie could take, and if David Tennant would play the Time Lord. The Scottish thesp hands over the reins to newcomer Matt Smith next year, but any big screen effort could take place earlier in the Who time-line.

Coincidentally, it was recently announced that ITV's rival sci-fi series Primeval will be made into a big budget movie by Warner Bros.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Doctor Who Movie Confirmed
    BBC lets slip that a script is in development.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, May 27, 2009 - Hidden at the end of a story about a David Tennant appearance in kid-friendly spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures, the BBC may have just let slip that there will be a new Doctor Who movie.

They report that a spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that a "script is in development" for the big screen adaptation.

There aren't any further details, and the story does add that production - if it happens at all - won't get going for a while.

Nevertheless, the news is sure to prompt speculation over what form a Who movie could take, and if David Tennant would play the Time Lord. The Scottish thesp hands over the reins to newcomer Matt Smith next year, but any big screen effort could take place earlier in the Who time-line.

Coincidentally, it was recently announced that ITV's rival sci-fi series Primeval will be made into a big budget movie by Warner Bros.

bit exciting that

dr dodge and i were discussing this a couple of weeks ago, saying that they should do a big film about the time wars. spooky, unless dr dodge has got connections? hmmmmmm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 267 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast